[WIP] [1.0.5] 2-Kerbal Command Pod [Mk. 1-1 A2] ( Alpha 0.4) {SpaceDock}

Yarbrough08

Hello to all.

I was having problems with this mod throwing tons of spam "null's " out and trouble shot it down to the RF config file, Mk1-1A2mmRF.cfg,.

Starwaster looked over the file and found the line

type = ModuleRCS techLevel = 1

and it should be

type = ModuleRCS

techLevel = 1

With that change, the nulls are gone...

Just wanted to pass that on to any others who want it...

Thanks Yarbrogugh08 for the mod and thanks to Starwaster for finding the problem...

Cheers.

Very nice pod, just tried it out ingame, really like the IVA, and integrated RCS. Definitely going to be using this!

I did manage to get the eva ejection bug while using the bugfix above when going on eva by accident in upper atmosphere(Much to Bill's horror). Works as expected in space though and Bill grabbed the ladder.

Very minor though, Bill was supposed to be buckled up on reentry. On KSP 0.90. I'll try the same with a stock pod tomorrow, see if I get the same results.

I know that KSP has a bug with airlock ejections.. But, I'll take a look at the colliders to see if something is overlapping..

Edit: Also has anyone came upon any issues specific to 0.90? If not, I will update the mod compatibility to 0.90 on Kerbal Stuff. At least until I have a new update ready..

Edited by Yarbrough08

Tested with 0.90. Removed all mods except this part, Squad, EVAEjectionFix and HyperEdit. Edited the only the pod to 100km orbit around Kerbin: Jeb gets flung out like a bullet when going EVA. At 1000km orbit of Kerbin, EVAEjectionFix manages to grab on half the time and the other half he does a slight tumble.

Rather than editing, did you try to launch to a 100km orbit and eva? I'm wondering if you might have missed something in editing the file..

• 1 month later...
I know that KSP has a bug with airlock ejections.. But, I'll take a look at the colliders to see if something is overlapping..

Edit: Also has anyone came upon any issues specific to 0.90? If not, I will update the mod compatibility to 0.90 on Kerbal Stuff. At least until I have a new update ready..

I'm using the ejection fix .dll, and haven't personally experienced the violent ejections on EVA, but it does look like they exit the pod in a unintended fashion, face first heading out, then suddenly spinning around to face the hatch. I suspect that the problem is worse if the physics engine is slowing down the game to the point where it becomes extremely laggy, and it's on the spinning around people get flung off, I've only tested under low strain conditions with next to no time dilation.

When I look at the pod in the VAB part selection menu, it appears as if something is sticking out of the airlock - at first I thought it was an animation placeholder of sorts, but reading about this issue, it would appear to me as if you do have something on your model in the hatch area, that could collide with a kerbal and send him/her/it on a vomitous spin. Don't have a screenie to back up my ludicrous claim, but you can see the magical black kerbo-repulsive transparent box thing if you mouse over the pod in any of the editors. Without having a proper clue, my off-the-bat guess is your collider thingy for the hatch is backwards or sticking out, but when it comes to things I know very little about, I'm often wrong :wink:.

As for the pod in general, I like it very much - at first I thought it was a bit too, hm, 'clean' looking compared to the stock models, but using Ven's Stock Revamp it fits in very well, and fills the gap between MK1 and MK1-2 pods nicely.

• 3 weeks later...

Alpha 0.36 is out:

- Fixed the ejection bug, and tiled the heatshield..

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I apologize for not fixing this sooner.. I have had a lot of things come up IRL that I've had to deal with. Hopefully I will have more free time SOON. I am still working on this when I can, however; so do not give up on it yet. :cool:

Edited by Yarbrough08

I apologize for not fixing this sooner.. I have had a lot of things come up IRL that I've had to deal with. Hopefully I will have more free time SOON. I am still working on this when I can, however; so do not give up on it yet. :cool:

No need to apologize - Real Life has a habit of doing that. I'm glad you're still working on it - it's become my test and development platform for RasterPropMonitor, since it's an easy IVA to work with, and it doesn't already have RPM overrides like the stock pods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.