[WIP] [1.0.5] 2-Kerbal Command Pod [Mk. 1-1 A2] ( Alpha 0.4) {SpaceDock}

Yarbrough08

This looks really nice! I want to compliment you on seeing to something most cockpit mod-makers ignore... usability from a pilot's standpoint. Most seem to go for "form over function" instead. It's so refreshing to find a cockpit that actually lines the front window up with the seated pilot's eyeline so that they can look forward, and puts the window close enough to the pilot's face to offer a wide viewing angle. :)

Edited by RoboRay

Just found this, Been using the K2 pod which I thought was kind of meh TBH due to its unrealistic size, Not to mention lack of IVA. Randomly just saw this and i'm pretty happy I did. This fits perfectly with KSP, Absolutely beautiful part. Even better than FASA's IMO as its in its own style, FASA looks out of place imo, as good looking as it is.

So all in all just saying nice job, downloading now.

I'm glad that everyone is still enjoying this mod. Thank you all for your compliments!

Any chance you can get this into CKAN?

I have not been very active on the forums lately, what is "CKAN?"

EDIT: NVM, got it; should be no problem..

I, think you forget to remove SAS module from cfg, in 0.90 stock capsules doesn't have SAS build in.

Lol, devs can't make up their minds on this one.. I had not noticed that they removed the SAS modules from the capsules again. I, however; will be keeping it included. Eventually I want to rework it with weaker forces (MOAR REALISMtm weak)

Is the internal setup pretty much done? Not the little things i mean like placement and whatnot. If so I can try to begin working on a RPM .cfg for it.

I have reworked the dashboard for a RPM build that I am working on, and I want to add an overhead panel. However, it is no where near a release - I would say go for it..

Edited by Yarbrough08

• 4 weeks later...

This is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for! A modern command pod that's perfect for a fledgling manned program! And you've even saved me the trouble of having to make it compatible with RF/RO/RSS. You, sir, are brilliant.

Yarbrough08 did you do anything special to create the tiled patter on your heat shield?

No sir, I did not. It is not a texture though, but a modeled pattern. It is not the best way to create the pattern, but baking the pattern to textures looked awful(even with hi-res textures) so I left it modeled. I tried several methods and patterns, and picked the one that I thought looked the best.

Edited by Yarbrough08
context

No sir, I did not. It is not a texture though, but a modeled pattern. It is not the best way to create the pattern, but baking the pattern to textures looked awful(even with hi-res textures) so I left it modeled. I tried several methods and patterns, and picked the one that I thought looked the best.

Ah! I can render a texture from a highres model. Thanks for the idea.

Why do you think it looked awful though? Did you have your render setting set up incorrectly? What was wrong with it exactly?

Well, when I baked the textures the seams were too aliased, it was a jagged mess (as were the normals). It would have taken a texture that was too hi-res for this game, IMHO.. (like 2048x2048)

I know its better to keep things low-res, although there is a trade-off for texture fetches in shaders as well as VRAM space. It was just an artistic choice, however; to go with the modeled detail. Just looked better lol

Yarbrough

I use this for more missions than anything else, at least until I need 3 person pods

I also remember that there was a bug in the early version, I think something to do with a syntax error in the cfg file. Has that been fixed yet?

Edited by linuxgurugamer
typo

@linuxgurugamer: As far as I know there have been no syntax errors in the cfg. At least nobody has mentioned anything to me about them..

There have been some questions regarding balancing of the values in the cfg, but nothing breaking that I'm aware of.

That being said; if anything changes with RFs or DRE, let me know and I will fix it ASAP. (I do not always update my mods folder as soon as new releases are available)

Edited by Yarbrough08
typo

• 2 weeks later...
@linuxgurugamer: As far as I know there have been no syntax errors in the cfg. At least nobody has mentioned anything to me about them..

There have been some questions regarding balancing of the values in the cfg, but nothing breaking that I'm aware of.

That being said; if anything changes with RFs or DRE, let me know and I will fix it ASAP. (I do not always update my mods folder as soon as new releases are available)

I just downloaded what's on kerbalstuff, and verified the typo:

In the file: Mk1-1A2mmRF.cfg

at line 26, you have the following:

type = ModuleRCS    techLevel = 1

when it should be this:

type = ModuleRCS
techLevel = 1

linuxgurugamer said:
I just downloaded what's on kerbalstuff, and verified the typo...

Ah, thank you, nobody has mentioned it and it slipped passed me..

samcar304 said:
Also any updates recently?

Yes, some...

I have been busy with school (learning graphics programming, I love it!) and have split myself with another project that I foolishly started. However I have finished the overhead panel and added a few bits of ambience. Here are some pics:

Also, notice the new instrument panel.. Obviously the arrangement of the gauges are a WIP, but I still show some love to this capsule.. :D

Edited by Yarbrough08

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2-Kerbal Command Pod

I became interested in modeling a 2 person CP that was not historic in nature. I am looking for [...] interest in the project.

I hereby show my interest in this :3

Looks great!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.