[WIP] [1.0.5] 2-Kerbal Command Pod [Mk. 1-1 A2] ( Alpha 0.4) {SpaceDock}

Yarbrough08

• 3 weeks later...
On 17.02.2016 at 4:17 AM, Yarbrough08 said:

I understand that KerbalStuff has collapsed (or rather that it is no longer being maintained). I will have ckan updated and a new manual download link added within a couple days..

I hate the fact that we lost KerbalStuff, it was the perfect mod repository. I never wanted to use Curse myself, and as an uploader KerbalStuff was a great tool to leverage. I am saddened by the loss..

Spacedock.info is the new KerbalStuff - it uses the same code as original and is slowly filling up. Everyone uses it.

After a little delay, I have finished uploading the mod to SpaceDock..

Links are in the first post, but I will post them here as well. I have not updated it in CKAN yet, but I will (of course) report back when I have it updated there..

SpaceDock links:

Command Pod:

Mk. 1-1 A2 Two Kerbal Command Pod

Required Texture Packs: (pick only one)

4096 Textures

2048 Textures

1024 Textures

Low Quality (Original) Textures

Beauty Shots:

Edited by Yarbrough08

@Delta_8930: I'm sorry for the delayed response, somehow I missed your post. Yes, I am interested in making a service module for it; however, I would like to finish the CP (or at least have an official release instead of a WIP) before I start on it. Even though I have no designs at the moment, I imagine I will use Orion's service module as inspiration.

On 3/17/2016 at 9:15 PM, Yarbrough08 said:

After a little delay, I have finished uploading the mod to SpaceDock..

Links are in the first post, but I will post them here as well. I have not updated it in CKAN yet, but I will (of course) report back when I have it updated there..

Any chance of getting CKAN updated?

@Yarbrough08 - This is still my favorite command pod for IVA work.  The layout is generous for placing props, and it has decent out-the-window visibility as well.  I'll get something up for download once I spend some time documenting what I've done (unless people prefer the Jeb way of clicking things to see what happens :) ).  It's about 80% complete, other than customizing the MFDs.

FlhWT6.jpg

@SeaTac: At this point, I'm waiting on the full KSP 1.1 release to update everything all in one go.

I purchased KSP a while before the steam release, so I am unable to test it with 1.1. I hope everything is in full working order.

@MOARdV: That is just flat out gorgeous.. Wow, I am speechless......

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:10 AM, Yarbrough08 said:

@SeaTac: At this point, I'm waiting on the full KSP 1.1 release to update everything all in one go.

I purchased KSP a while before the steam release, so I am unable to test it with 1.1. I hope everything is in full working order.

@MOARdV: That is just flat out gorgeous.. Wow, I am speechless......

Thanks.  Like I said, your pod has a very good IVA design for part layout.  The only issue I have is that I don't know the names of the IVA light transforms, so I haven't hooked up the interior lights to switches.  I assume there are light transforms, at least.  If not, a couple of spotlights that illuminate the panels might be a nice addition.

As far as working in 1.1 - the only issue I've seen is that there is a yellow box visible around the hatch in the part list view in the VAB.  It's not visible when the pod is placed in the editor, and not in flight.  Just in the spinning picture of the part that you click on to select it in the part list.  I assume it's related to either a ladder transform or hatch transform.

@MOARdV: The light transforms are named 'Point light' - all of them. As it stands now, there are no separates names (i.e. the left light is named 'Point light', the center light is named 'Point light', and the right light is named 'Point light').

I'm sure the issue with the visible hatch or ladder transform will be resolved when I use the 1.1 part tools to export the model. I'm am glad though that it is only in the VAB's parts list.

12 hours ago, Yarbrough08 said:

@MOARdV: The light transforms are named 'Point light' - all of them. As it stands now, there are no separates names (i.e. the left light is named 'Point light', the center light is named 'Point light', and the right light is named 'Point light').

Ah, good.  The light switch works now.  That makes things less dark. :)

I've announced the alpha version of the IVA on my Flight Systems Redux thread.  It's mostly complete - just a few more tweaks, and a lot of MFD pages to create - but it's readily flyable, once you figure out where to find what you need.

13 minutes ago, Kram45 said:

@MOARdV Am I doing something wrong or is this all that's in the game right now? It is missing alot of stuff from your pic.

There should be a lot more stuff in there.  You might try completely removing the MOARdV/FlightSystemsRedux directory and re-installing it.  And make sure you have the ASET Avionics pack installed, too.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

There should be a lot more stuff in there.  You might try completely removing the MOARdV/FlightSystemsRedux directory and re-installing it.  And make sure you have the ASET Avionics pack installed, too.

Ok thanks!

Hey, just a heads up: on 1.1, the pod flickers and turns partially transparent when highlighted/moused over. I've tried it with the 4k and 2048x versions and it happens on both- I have not tried it on any of the other texture resolutions, though. (You can also see that the icon in the editor looks a bit messed up too.)

pics here:

http://imgur.com/a/bg1sq

Edited by HerrGeneral

48 minutes ago, HerrGeneral said:

Hey, just a heads up: on 1.1, the pod flickers and turns partially transparent when highlighted/moused over. I've tried it with the 4k and 2048x versions and it happens on both- I have not tried it on any of the other texture resolutions, though. (You can also see that the icon in the editor looks a bit messed up too.)

pics here:

http://imgur.com/a/bg1sq

I've seen that flickering, too.  I wasn't sure if it was a side-effect of some recent RasterPropMonitor changes, or if it was something specific to the new KSP.

I also see in the message log

Triggers on concave MeshColliders are not supported

show up 4 times when KSP loads the IVA model.  My guess is that it's the colliders for the windows, but I could be completely wrong.

The joys of major under-the-hood changes in the game. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.