[WIP] [1.0.5] 2-Kerbal Command Pod [Mk. 1-1 A2] ( Alpha 0.4) {SpaceDock}

Yarbrough08

@MOARdV Do you know when you will have this Pod 1.1.x compatible, as well as your IVA for it? And just wanted to say, I very much enjoy this pod and your IVA work on it! :D

28 minutes ago, ISE said:

@MOARdV Do you know when you will have this Pod 1.1.x compatible, as well as your IVA for it? And just wanted to say, I very much enjoy this pod and your IVA work on it! :D

This is Yarbrough08's pod, not mine, and there's nothing he needs to do to make it 1.1.x compatible, since it doesn't require special plugins to work.  I and others have been flying it in 1.1.x already.  The IVA I am doing is still a work in progress, and you can find more information on it in my signature (Flight Systems Redux).

• 2 weeks later...

For those finding bugs; I need to run this through the new part tools (when I have the time) - hopefully that will clear up the collider issues (windows or hatch)..

I am glad that it is still working with the new version, I can't wait to play it myself. :)

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, ranfre said:

Any update on this? Its been a few weeks of waiting for a proper 1.1.x version.

If you are in that much of a hurry, write it yourself.

Remember, modders do all of this great stuff out of the goodness in their hearts.

Not nice to ask about new versions.

Cheers.

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, jackellice said:

Hi there just downloaded your mod and was surprised to find the Heatshield not under the category, Thermals and instead under Aerodynamics. Is this working as intended? :P

Haha this Mod is from a time where the new categorizing wasn't implemented in the game. 

It being in the aerodynamics tab is just a relict from that time and should not affect the functionality of the part because of that. 

You could try editing the category config yourself in the part's config from aerodynamic to thermal :) 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Can I ask if the reason behind having the heatshield as a separate part is still valid?.... What are the pros/cons to having it a separate part, or built-in to the pod?

I can't answer for @Yarbrough08, but I can see a couple reasons for it - first, it's what stock does :), second (and I am probably the *only* person this bothers), interior temperatures go through the roof during reentry.  The FASA Gemini pod doesn't have a separate heat shield, and its "cabin temperature" by the time parachutes deployed was over 100 C.  Separating the heat shield provides some thermal isolation.

Another reason I can think of is that it allows for parts that expand the pod (like the BigG part for the FASA Gemini) without having a top part that contains ablator.  But I'm grasping at straws...

• 1 month later...

I'm having trouble installing this part. I've tried putting it in KSP\Parts, KSP\GameData, KSP\GameData\Squad\Parts, and KSP\GameData\Squad\Parts\Command, but it never shows up in the VAB.. Usually I put command pods in the last location and they work fine. I'm using 1.1.3 and the RSS/RO suite of mods, if that helps. Any advice?

Edit: Problem solved, although I'm not sure how. Several versions of the part are now showing up in the VAB menu.

Edited by xel'lotath

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

Is there any possibility of this mod being re-released? I can't access this since * is dead and the FASA RPM mod still works with 1.3.1

The spacedock link on the front page still works for me.

Edited by MOARdV

• 1 year later...

Greetings.

I am asking for your permission to update / continue / adopt / release the above named mod(s).

Hopefully I hear back from you with an answer. In case I don't I intend to respectfully proceed as soon as the end of Oct 2019, as permitted by the individual license(s).

If you do agree, would you be so kind as to post as much in the mod's thread, and grant me access to updating/editing these mods on Spacedock (additional Authors). Would also like any unfinished parts, 3D models, and Unity assets so can include them on github.

Thank you.

Mk. 1-1 A2 Two Kerbal Command Pod & Textures: CC BY-NC-SA-4.0 license-CC--BY--NC--SA--4.0-lightgrey80x15.png

I am intending to modernize and release this glorious mod under the KGEx umbrella shortly. above is the message I sent to @Yarbrough08.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

I am intending to modernize and release this glorious mod under the KGEx umbrella shortly. above is the message I sent to @Yarbrough08.

This has been near the top of my favorite 2.5m command pods list for a long time.  Mainly because the IVA has one of the best layouts I've seen for adding instrumentation, while still having usable windows.  With a couple of tweaks, it'd be my hands-down favorite IVA to work with.  Most of my early development of MAS was within this command pod.

I hope you have better luck contacting Yarbrough08 than I did - I sent a PM a year or more ago, but never got a response.

5 hours ago, MOARdV said:

This has been near the top of my favorite 2.5m command pods list for a long time.  Mainly because the IVA has one of the best layouts I've seen for adding instrumentation, while still having usable windows.  With a couple of tweaks, it'd be my hands-down favorite IVA to work with.  Most of my early development of MAS was within this command pod.

I hope you have better luck contacting Yarbrough08 than I did - I sent a PM a year or more ago, but never got a response.

It caught my eye along time ago. I love the post-it notes.

I hope I hear back as well, I always prefer getting a nod.

I would love to see the IVA updated to the new MAS - if that happened, I would gladly include it!

and here it is (90% updated, vacuumed, and a fresh pine scented shaped air-freshener installed)

I have been also trying to remember/find if there were any animations, lights on the pod - do you recall?

also - Hatch obstructed - that one I just noticed.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

18 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

I have been also trying to remember/find if there were any animations, lights on the pod - do you recall?

The original did not have lights or animations.  There was an unofficial modified version that had pod window lights that I used a couple of years ago.

18 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

I would love to see the IVA updated to the new MAS - if that happened, I would gladly include it!

I had a MAS version, but it was mostly 1960's tech, and it was more of a test platform.  If I get to where I can spend time on IVAs, I'd be willing to refresh this pod.  I honestly don't know when that will be, though.  I've got some other things going on that are chewing up my spare time.

7 hours ago, MOARdV said:

The original did not have lights or animations.  There was an unofficial modified version that had pod window lights that I used a couple of years ago.

I take it that was a modified .mu - if you are able and willing to - would you kindly forward that to me? Do you remember who created the unofficial modified version?

7 hours ago, MOARdV said:

If I get to where I can spend time on IVAs, I'd be willing to refresh this pod.

Appreciated.

Is it @DemonEin  who is doing all the great IVA work now?

also - Hatch obstructed - that one I just noticed.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 4 months later...

Greetings.

I am asking for your permission to update / continue / adopt / release the above named mod(s).

Hopefully I hear back from you with an answer. In case I don't I intend to respectfully proceed as soon as the end of Oct 2019, as permitted by the individual license(s).

If you do agree, would you be so kind as to post as much in the mod's thread, and grant me access to updating/editing these mods on Spacedock (additional Authors). Would also like any unfinished parts, 3D models, and Unity assets so can include them on github.

Thank you.

Mk. 1-1 A2 Two Kerbal Command Pod & Textures: CC BY-NC-SA-4.0 license-CC--BY--NC--SA--4.0-lightgrey80x15.png

On 10/15/2019 at 8:49 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

Sadly I haven't heard back from @Yarbrough08, so I will proceed to adopt this mod per the terms of the license. Hopefully I am fortunate to receive some assistance with the model issues.

Soon.

will post source/etc and new thread when it is time

new thread here. Moderators, kindly lock this thread until @Yarbrough08 comes back.

Original

Author: Yarbrough08
Mod Website: Forum Thread For now, license is: CC BY-NC-SA-4.0 CC BY-NC-SA-4.0

Legal Mumbo Jumbo

Source: GitHub License: CC 4.0 BY-NC-SA CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Mk2Y is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license, which in layman's terms means:

• You are permitted to use, copy and redistribute my work as-is.
  • You may remix your own derivatives (new models, alternative textures, etc.) and release them under your own name.
  • You may not use the material for any commercial purposes.
  • You must use the same license as the original work.
  • You must credit the following people when publishing your derivative: riocrokite (Stork Delivery System).
  • All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
  • All art assets (textures, models, animations) are distributed under their own licenses

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.