[WIP] [1.0.5] 2-Kerbal Command Pod [Mk. 1-1 A2] ( Alpha 0.4) {SpaceDock}

Yarbrough08

The textures (both base interior, and exterior) needs some love, and I realize that. It has been my plan, however; to finish all of the functioning of the pod first before I spend my time polishing it up to make it look "pretty."

I have the model where I'm pretty happy with it, but I want to wait to send some of that love to the textures. (kinda like normal game dev: function comes before graphics)

I love to play IVA, so RPM interior was a focus for me from the start. I want to finish that first, then dive into the textures. Which is why I started everything here on the development thread. Once I finish the RPM interior; I want to call it a beta release until the textures are produced.

@DGatsby: I have not been around since the days of Apollo, only the beginning of the Shuttle era (I do remember seeing the white fuel tank on TV!). I'm just a space enthusiast, so I know a lot of useless information about NASA.

@Akron: The trim is actually the same color as the rest of the control panel, it emits blue light. In the RPM version I'm creating you can toggle it on and off. I understand though, that in stock you can't do that. Since we already have lights in the interior that can't be toggled off, I guess I could just leave it off for stock.

I don't think so. I like how this module is much cleaner than the stock parts.

I agree this is perfect they way it is. It looks new, clean, and experimental. Its almost prototype looking or the next generation of Kerbal capsules. The only think that I might change is the heat shield, possibly make it look more textured. You have this tiled look going all round the capsule, if you continue it to the underside with some different configurations then that would look really good. However the smooth underside look really good particulalry during re-entry heating. Also it looks clean and neat. Maybe consider something like this orion_heatshield01-lg.jpg

Do you plan on this just being ca capsule or are you going to make this a whole launch system pack. Im not saying go full parts pack but maybe your own service module at least?

@sp1989: I do like that, but I want to keep the color black. Awesome picture by the way..

And, yes I do have some other items that I want to create with this pod. Complimentary items such as a parachute/dockingport part and a similar rcs system for a SM. I would like to create a SM designed for the pod, but that is getting ahead of my self..

@sp1989: I do like that, but I want to keep the color black. Awesome picture by the way..

And, yes I do have some other items that I want to create with this pod. Complimentary items such as a parachute/dockingport part and a similar rcs system for a SM. I would like to create a SM designed for the pod, but that is getting ahead of my self..

Awesome! I actually didn't mean the color. I meant the texture on the bottom. I was saying how I thought it was too smooth. I love the colors. I think if you follow the tiled aesthetic all the way to the heat shield it would look really good.

i love this mod but i ask for only one thing and one thing only, a Boeing CST-100 inspired service module since it would really help with my attempts to acquire mod replicas of every modern space faring crew carrier

Check out the Freya spacecraft from NovaPunch. It's much closer to the CST-100 than this capsule.

Check out the Freya spacecraft from NovaPunch. It's much closer to the CST-100 than this capsule.

I respectfully disagree. Although thus might be only a two man capsule it looks a hell of a lot closer to CST-100 than the freyja. The Freyja is much too flat, in fact nearly every mod or replica of the CST-100, are much too flat. I think if this capsule was scaled up it would look very close tho the cst.

I like how you've set up the internals here, you have a view straight out a forward facing window and all of the important flight instrumentation visible in the same shot, both in stock and RPM mode. I always hate having to move the camera to look at something like radar altitude, and I think too many IVA's overlook that.

I respectfully disagree. Although thus might be only a two man capsule it looks a hell of a lot closer to CST-100 than the freyja. The Freyja is much too flat, in fact nearly every mod or replica of the CST-100, are much too flat. I think if this capsule was scaled up it would look very close tho the cst.

Hmmm... you're right.

Ok, here are how things are going on development:

Created some bar style pixel art to create some of the boxes and borders. They are displayed on the screen as text fonts.

The information comes into, and out of view as it is normally needed. Prevents overload of information, and is kinda easy on the eyes. Only a few more things left.....

Temp, by the way, is pod temp; I might should annotate that.. It only displays while in the atmosphere.

Edited by Yarbrough08
Temp

Ok, here are how things are going on development:

http://imgur.com/a/21JPT

Created some bar style pixel art to create some of the boxes and borders. They are displayed on the screen as text fonts.

The information comes into, and out of view as it is normally needed. Prevents overload of information, and is kinda easy on the eyes. Only a few more things left.....

Temp, by the way, is pod temp; I might should annotate that.. It only displays while in the atmosphere.

oh now that looks beautiful sir, well done!

Recent additions toward A0.4

The first pictures shows a new monitor and the panel lights new color. The second demonstrates that the new monitors are animated with both swapping positions. It also shows the panel lights in the off position.

I produced this new "slide out" monitor to include Global Buttons, and additional information. As you can see, I have used the target menu with it..

The last picture is a GIF demoing the animations. It is not time sync'd, I was just mashing F1. The panel lights animation is really two times faster than the monitor animation.

Edited by Yarbrough08

For me, the lights feel out of place on the capsule. If it was a wild sci-fi capsule module, I'd be cool with it. Don't get me wrong, they're awesome, but feel impractical. If you can make them optional, us users can choose whichever version we like. That'd be cool

If you can make them optional, us users can choose whichever version we like. That'd be cool

Simple enough.. I'm not entirely happy with them either, which is why I changed their color. I'm just not sure what I want to do with them.. Easy solution for now, maybe I can improve them to the point where everyone is happy with them..

User select-able will win the day...

H'mm, maybe color selectable also... red for night vision....

Color selectable could be included in this optional install.. additional colors?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.