[Retired] Multipurpose Colony Modules for MKS/OKS (0.4.5)

Angelo Kerman

@Mekan1k: Can you be more specific? What do you mean by stock-incrementation?

Ok. I am one of the (probably several) players who don't like feeding my kerbals. Or letting them breathe.

(I don't use the modular Kolonization system)

However, I do like shipping large number of kerbals places, and I would love these different colonization modules without the MKS elements.

That doesn't mean that I don't want to be able to turn sunlight and water into fuel (a great use for the greenhouses), but I don't use the food or oxygen mods.

I love the models though, and want to use the base-building bits.

Edited by Mekan1k

Ok. I am one of the (probably several) players who don't like feeding my kerbals. Or letting them breathe.

(I don't use the modular Kolonization system)

However, I do like shipping large number of kerbals places, and I would love these different colonization modules without the MKS elements.

That doesn't mean that I don't want to be able to turn sunlight and water into fuel (a great use for the greenhouses), but I don't use the food or oxygen mods.

I love the models though, and want to use the base-building bits.

MKS/OKS and this mod does not have a dependency on life support mods to function fully. The parts related to life support will simply be useless without them and you can remove those, but you can use the rest just fine.

Hm, one way to do that is to set up the templates to hide the ones that have to do with TacLifeSupport. That is doable. To completly remove MKS/OKS would take ModuleManager configs to remove relevant code modules. You could still get resource switching and code module switching because those are done independantly of MKS/OKS but new templates would be needed for whatever code modules and resources you are looking for.

Hm, one way to do that is to set up the templates to hide the ones that have to do with TacLifeSupport. That is doable. To completly remove MKS/OKS would take ModuleManager configs to remove relevant code modules. You could still get resource switching and code module switching because those are done independantly of MKS/OKS but new templates would be needed for whatever code modules and resources you are looking for.

Sounds like exactly what I would like- I still have no idea how to write the MM configs, but I like the idea!

hey guys, i'm having trouble crewing two of the inflatable homesteads on my station, keeps telling me its full and doesnt show up as a valid part for crew transfer - they currently dont have enough machinery to function for their roles - would this affect it - anyone run into this? thanks

Can i get it without MKS/OKS? i like the looks, buti don't want all the MKS parts cluttering my list, and i don't use life support. I like making bases just for aesthetics.

That is possible, but what would you like the modules to do without MKS/OKS? The mod is designed to work with MKS/OKS, so you'd have a bunch of empty shells without it unless there are alternate configurations. Also, there is a MM config that hides the MKS/OKS parts, so you'll get the functionality of MKS/OKS but the parts seen will come from this mod. Also, I'm working on a method to hide templates and converters when the required mod isn't installed.

i need some advice on how to deploy the ponderosa, can't make it work in any way. It doesn't want to attach to the ground and lacks animation of attach process, on the version before 0.4.2 it at least did the animation (with the module always bottom up -> no successful attachment), maybe it's something on my end, but the rest works, just the ponderosa bugging out
I'm having a problem where I can't use MOM. If I right click on any of the modules, I don't have the manage operations option available. I have all of the required mods, but not EPL.

So far I haven't had any problems and cannot reproduce these issues. Make sure that you overwrite everything with the files included with the mod. That includes Firespitter. Make sure you install the dependencies (MKS/OKS, KAS, EPL, etc) before installing Multipurpose Colony Modules.

sorry, should have specified, yes it is

I think I might have fixed this issue with the latest release. Please download it and take a look. :) Speaking of which:

The latest release is available. Get it here or follow the link on the front page.

Release 0.4.3: We don't need no stinkin life support!

- Templates that require mods that are not installed won't appear in the available templates list.

- KolonyConverters that require mods that are not installed won't appear in the Module Operations Manager.

- Bug fixes

Meanwhile, if you don't have MKS/OKS installed, what would you like to see the Multipurpose Colony Modules do?

Is module manager capable of targeting the templates?

I ask because I am using the CTT and would like to move the tech required for the various modules to the same nodes that the equivalent MKS modules would be unlocked in, and if I can do it by MM then I figured I would provide it so that others can use it if they wish. If not then I'll just change the template configs by hand and use it for personal use.

My guess would be no, mostly because if it was I would think someone would have done this by now lol, also because the templates aren't given distinct names, they are given titles but I don't know how exactly the MKSTEMPLATE is actually handle in the loading process and if it is even something the MM is capable of targeting.

Is module manager capable of targeting the templates?

I ask because I am using the CTT and would like to move the tech required for the various modules to the same nodes that the equivalent MKS modules would be unlocked in, and if I can do it by MM then I figured I would provide it so that others can use it if they wish. If not then I'll just change the template configs by hand and use it for personal use.

My guess would be no, mostly because if it was I would think someone would have done this by now lol, also because the templates aren't given distinct names, they are given titles but I don't know how exactly the MKSTEMPLATE is actually handle in the loading process and if it is even something the MM is capable of targeting.

I don't think MM is able to handle the templates. From what I've seen, it works based on parts, not generic config nodes. I suppose one solution would be for me to add a cttTechRequired field or something, but I'd need to see how CTT works and identifies tech nodes. That's doable, but I'd need to know what templates fit into what CTT node.

I don't think MM is able to handle the templates. From what I've seen, it works based on parts, not generic config nodes. I suppose one solution would be for me to add a cttTechRequired field or something, but I'd need to see how CTT works and identifies tech nodes. That's doable, but I'd need to know what templates fit into what CTT node.

You would need some way of detecting if the CTT was installed or not.

For the most part it leaves the stock tech tree alone but creates branches off of some stock nodes that flesh out things like habitation, recycling, manufacturing, nuclear power etc.

Like I said I was just going to put things into the node that the equivalent MKS/OKS part would be found, for instance the PDU is moved to Nuclear Power, most of the OKS life support stuff is put into Short Term Habitation, and the MKS stuff in Long Term Habitation (not sure how this would be handled with your set up though lol), things like the Fuel Refinery in Advanced Off World Mining, the Machinery Plant and Fabricator in Orbital Assembly etc.

If you want to try adding support for the CTT that would be super cool, however as it doesn't seem like a lot of people are requesting support for it I can manage just editing my install to move stuff around.

Here is a link to the CTT thread, it has a link to a page that shows all the nodes and how they are laid out. In the Kolonization folder of the MKS download is a MM file simply called CTT.cfg that changes the tech required for all the parts, for reference as to how MKS distributes it's stuff.

Module Manager can target any ConfigNode system -- you'd just start your patch with "@MKSTEMPLATE[#shortName[Colony?Hub]]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]", substituting the appropriate short name. (The question mark is used instead of a space because using a space in the patch title would be seen as a delimiter.)

Module Manager can target any ConfigNode system -- you'd just start your patch with "@MKSTEMPLATE[#shortName[Colony?Hub]]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]", substituting the appropriate short name. (The question mark is used instead of a space because using a space in the patch title would be seen as a delimiter.)

Ah see that was my question, I figured I should be able to do @MKSTEMPLATE but then I wasn't sure how to target a specific one, thank you I'm going to give that a try!

Edited by Akira_R

First off, let me say I really like the looks of your mod. I like MKS but I find it to be too cluttered for my tastes. I like the direction you're going with this. However, I think I've found what I think may be a bug...

I was having trouble filling the modules with machinery in my main save. I would fill it up in the VAB and it would be empty on launch. I checked the debug log and I noticed every time I moved the resource slider in the VAB it would spam "Input is Null." I switched over to an unmodded install and only installed MKS and your mod (and the required dependancies of course). The modules would still empty on scenechange and the error still popped up in the log, but not as spammed as on my main save. I removed MCM from that install and I was able to fill MKS modules just fine with no nullreferences.

Here's a snippet of the log. I can make the full log available if you would like. Any ideas what might be causing this?

[LOG 21:04:54.149] MKSModuleController [FFFA3DBA][96.9200]: updateDecalsFromTemplate called
[LOG 21:04:54.149] MKSModuleController [FFFA3DBA][96.9200]: New shortName: PDU
[LOG 21:04:54.149] MKSModuleController [FFFA3DBA][96.9200]: value logoPanel Decal02
[LOG 21:04:54.150] MKSModuleController [FFFA3DBA][96.9200]: value glowPanel Decal02Glow
[LOG 21:04:54.150] MKSModuleController [FFFA3DBA][96.9200]: changeDecals called.
[LOG 21:04:54.153] MKSModuleController [FFFA3DBA][96.9200]: Module redecorated.
[LOG 21:04:54.153] MKSModuleController [FFFA3DBA][96.9200]: initModuleGUI called
[LOG 21:04:54.153] MKSModuleController [FFFA3DBA][96.9200]: initFloodlights called
[LOG 21:04:54.153] MKSModuleController [FFFA3DBA][96.9200]: [MulticonverterModel] OnStart - State: PreLaunch, Landed Converter count: 1
[LOG 21:04:54.153] MKSModuleController [FFFA3DBA][96.9200]: RunHeadless called.
[LOG 21:04:54.502] [ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 21:05:01.904] [VesselSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)
[WRN 21:05:03.008] [CurrencyWidgetsApp]: No live widgets to Despawn!
[LOG 21:05:03.011] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft
[ERR 21:05:04.561] Input is null

[ERR 21:05:04.562] Input is null

[ERR 21:05:04.562] Input is null

[ERR 21:05:04.564] Input is null

[ERR 21:05:04.564] Input is null

[LOG 21:05:04.565] Flight State Captured
[LOG 21:05:04.565] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 21:05:04.574] Game State Saved as persistent
[LOG 21:05:08.903] [Untitled Space Craft]: ground contact! - error: 0.038m
[LOG 21:05:08.903] Unpacking Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 21:05:30.941] [VesselSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)
[EXC 21:05:34.648] NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.Component.get_transform ()
PQSCity.OnSphereReset ()
PQS.Mod_OnSphereReset ()
PQS.ResetSphere ()
PQS.OnDestroy ()
[EXC 21:05:34.662] NullReferenceException
SpriteMesh.CreateMesh ()
SpriteMesh.get_mesh ()
SpriteRoot.Delete ()
SpriteBase.Delete ()
UIListItemContainer.Delete ()
UIScrollList.RemoveItem (Int32 index, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing)
UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing)
UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy)
ApplicationLauncher.RemoveApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button)
ResourceDisplay.OnDestroy ()

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.