[Retired] Multipurpose Colony Modules for MKS/OKS (0.4.5)

Angelo Kerman

I noticed the ReadMe has 0.4.7 as the current version number. The thread title still lists v0.4.5 and the KSP version at 0.90. I'm guessing this mod is actually 1.0.x compatible and up-to-date with the current version of O/MKS?

I noticed the ReadMe has 0.4.7 as the current version number. The thread title still lists v0.4.5 and the KSP version at 0.90. I'm guessing this mod is actually 1.0.x compatible and up-to-date with the current version of O/MKS?

Not yet, it is a work in progress. Once I release the 1.0.x update, all the version numbers and such will be in sync.

Just a heads up, in the process of creating Pathfinder, I have enough to create an update to Multipurpose Colony Modules as well. :)

:D Glad to hear it. I love the look of these parts more than OKS's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Can't help wondering if there's been any recent progress with this mod, as I only just now found out about it, and the last couple posts sound pretty promising.

Well, I finally realized that the things I wanted to do with Pathfinder would overlap with MCM, so it made sense for me to concentrate my efforts on Pathfinder instead. I'm glad I did too; Pathfinder is much better than MCM. The good news is that if people really want to modify Pathfinder to use modules from MKS, it's fairly easy to do.

• 2 weeks later...
So would it be possible to repurpose this as a re-skin of MKS? I was looking forward to the more cargo-bay-friendly form factor.

Funny you mention that. :) Multipurpose Colony Modules essentially was a re-skin of MKS that was designed to fit in the cargobay of the KSOS Super 25. Back before part categories, the mod reduced part count by providing the ability to reconfigure the modules in flight. That functionality has been carried over into Pathfinder and expanded upon.

To make the mod work with MKS you'd pretty much have to start over with the templates because as I recall, there have been a bunch of changes in MKS. Last I looked there were a bunch of efficiency parts that might not fit the MBU, for instance. Further, MCM's plugins are not up to date with KSP 1.0 so you will need the plugins from Pathfinder.

So basically you'd need to do a lot of work to update the mod, and it would be simpler to just use MKS if that is what you're looking for. MCM's license is permissive enough to do a re-skin as long as you credit my work. Of course, I'm reconditioning the art assets for Pathfinder, so nearly all those cargobay friendly parts have a home in my new mod. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.