[Retired] Multipurpose Colony Modules for MKS/OKS (0.4.5)

Angelo Kerman

I am very happy to see that you update the mod so that maitnence works now. I love this mod. Only thing I see is that the maitnence operation does not transfer enriched uranium to the ponderosa power unit. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for a great mod!

I can't seem to access the M.O.M menu to configure the parts. Also, the inflatable homestead unit automatically inflates itself in the VAB and doesn't give me an option to deflate it. Already tried complete re install of MKS/OKS and MCM.

Unless I am somehow mistaken, I find typos in many of the templates.

name = ModuleResourceWarehouse should be name = USI_ModuleResourceWarehouse and

name = USI_ModuelRecylebin should be name = USI_ModuleRecycleBin

@Kaa253: Thanks, I'll take a look.

@Sahadara: Make sure that you delete everything in the WildBlueIndustries folder before installing the latest. Also, make sure you get the latest CRP (From MKS/OKS) and Firespitter (also from MKS/OKS). Delete the existing CRP and Firespitter, and make sure you have the latest MKS/OKS before installing MCM. I've verified that I have no issues accessing the MOM, and parts do inflate, so it's something about your install that's having an issue. If you still have a problem, please post your logs, there might be something in there.

hey angel, how do you think RoverDude planned supply/organics changes will affect you?

I expect that MKS/OKS revisions for 1.0 will have major changes for Multipurpose Colony Modules. It'll probably take some time for me to catch up when 1.0 is released.

Note: Due to 1.0 now going into Experimentals, I'm holding off further developments on MCM until after 1.0 is released and MKS/OKS is updated. I don't expect that it would take long for MKS/OKS to be updated.. :)

Edited by Angel-125

I expect that MKS/OKS revisions for 1.0 will have major changes for Multipurpose Colony Modules. It'll probably take some time for me to catch up when 1.0 is released.

Note: Due to 1.0 now going into Experimentals, I'm holding off further developments on MCM until after 1.0 is released and MKS/OKS is updated. I don't expect that it would take long for MKS/OKS to be updated.. :)

totally understandable was just wondering if you've pondered anything so far - thanks for the update

@Sahadara: Make sure that you delete everything in the WildBlueIndustries folder before installing the latest. Also, make sure you get the latest CRP (From MKS/OKS) and Firespitter (also from MKS/OKS). Delete the existing CRP and Firespitter, and make sure you have the latest MKS/OKS before installing MCM. I've verified that I have no issues accessing the MOM, and parts do inflate, so it's something about your install that's having an issue. If you still have a problem, please post your logs, there might be something in there.

I did all the things you suggested and still have the same problems. I tried a complete clean re-install of the mods, and tried running it with no other mods except the necessary ones, but to no avail. I'm currently trying a clean re-install of KSP to see if that works. Where can I find the logs?

Edit:

Back, and a complete clean re-install of KSP with only the essential mods did not fix the issues. Other than what you suggested I try, are there any other dependencies?

Edited by Sahadara

Should the MBU, IMW and MSM all be field configurable like the IMEM is? I cannot see how to change configuration for these 3 modules when outside the VAB.

They should be. Make sure that you install the latest versions of MKS/OKS and Regolith (not the pre-release versions)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question : I'm trying to make a manned base with life support. As i read, among other parts i also need kerbitat that further relies on habitat. So far so good.

I'm not trying to make a orbital station or ground base, i want to make a mobile base, complete on wheels. And this is where i have a problem.

Existing habitats (i already know of habitat pack by Porkjet) are just too large for my design target. Inflatable habitat from MKS is too cumbersome and does not fit well with the intended design.

So Angel-125, i have request : is it possible to add habitat configuration template to Multipurpose Colony Module, or make it a separate habitation part ? It is compact enough and i only need 1 to 2 kerbals per base subsystem (any of the life support, resource extraction, power, refinery or manufacturing).

Edited by fatcargo

Currently, you cannot add a template to increase crew capacity. But, you can edit the MCMPart.cfg file to increase crew capacity, and to improve the living space. Find the MKSModule in the MCMPart.cfc and increase livingSpace to whatever you'd like for the module.

• 2 weeks later...

There will be an update for 1.0.2. I am waiting on KAS to update to 1.0.2, then I can convert MCM over to the latest MKS/OKS. Things have been hectic, I literally just got done updating DSEV to 0.3.18. Now that I have my active radiators working (WOOOT!) and have the foundations for Cooldown, I can start updating MCM and MOLE. Meanwhile, my textures aren't compatible with RoverDude's awesome models.

There will be an update for 1.0.2. I am waiting on KAS to update to 1.0.2, then I can convert MCM over to the latest MKS/OKS. Things have been hectic, I literally just got done updating DSEV to 0.3.18. Now that I have my active radiators working (WOOOT!) and have the foundations for Cooldown, I can start updating MCM and MOLE. Meanwhile, my textures aren't compatible with RoverDude's awesome models.

Sounding awesome, can't wait

I am waiting on KAS to be updated to 1.0.2, MCM uses it significantly for things like attaching the crew tubes together, especially the "store" functionality used to mount inflatable modules to the MBU. I have been so busy with DSEV for the past three months, I haven't had time to even look at the new KIS to see if it handles what I need.

I'm also in the planning stges, rethinking modules and efficiency parts. My thought is to have an upgrade for the MCM and MBU to make it larger to accommodate things like the factory modules. An Engineer would take RocketParts and upgrade the module. For orbiting modules you have the Homestead. Sme templates, but in one case you'd need an upgrade to gain the functionality unless you want to land a Homestead on the ground.

I have to do a bunch of rewrites to handle changes in the converters so now is a good time to rethink the design. Plus, Multipurpose Colony Modules was my second published mod (the first was NuclearEngines, now named DSEV), and I've learned a bunch since then. MCM needs cleanup...

Anyway, DSEV is still taking up all my time but it looks like I'll be done in a couple of releases. Hopefully by then KAS will be good to go. I really appreciate your patience, the mod is by no means dead. :)

...annnd I just noticed that KAS has been updated. Yay! :) much thanks to KospY! Ok, now I can start converting MCM over to 1.0.2. This will take a bit as I'm still finishing up DSEV.

Edited by Angel-125

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.