Operation Return to Sender (Sequel is being made)

Should I decrease the AA guns range to 1000 and increase scan time to 10 sec?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I decrease the AA guns range to 1000 and increase scan time to 10 sec?

• yes
    • no

I have downloaded the updated file and its still no good for me, I get into range and lag soup. I can't even line up my guns its so bad and with the nice AMS placement I'm unable to fire missiles to take out anything. Will try more attempts as I've only tried 4 times, all 4 I ended up shot down 3 times by AA guns and once from S2A missiles.

Edited by Damaske

I have come to find out that if you load missiles and arm the unit immediately after take off the AMD units destroy my craft (with 4x agm64s) when do you want us to arm the weapons manager?

here are some pics for when i arm it at almost 2km away

vzyJ7MG.png

5JAIrRp.png

Edited by Im The One

I have come to find out that if you load missiles and arm the unit immediately after take off the AMD units destroy my craft (with 4x agm64s) when do you want us to arm the weapons manager?

here are some pics for when i arm it at almost 2km away

http://i.imgur.com/vzyJ7MG.png

http://i.imgur.com/5JAIrRp.png

At the least arm it to team B at 5KM

BTW I am doing the challenge with y'all.

Here is my craft

The PG-27 Temple

pkLT0du.png

She is a VTOL multirole aircraft that is armed to the teeth.

Armed with 6 Hellfire missiles, 4 Maverick missiles, twin rocket pods (total of 38 rockets), two AIM-9 sidewinder missiles, and a 20mm cannon.

If you choose to use the fighter at the abandoned runway, this is the fighter you will use.

So far I have found that the best attack vector is from from the west to east. Fly low and slow to avoid the west side AA guns. at less then 1 km fire rockets at the first SAM, after that is killed, overwhelm the Laser system on the VAB by firing at least 4 hellfire missiles. That should take that one down.

I can't seem to get past that as I keep crashing into the ground but that is a tip.

Other tips:

Lasers range is 5km

SAM range: 3 km

AA range: 2km

Edited by War Eagle 1

I'm a bit too busy to try this tonight, but here's the fighter I'll be using.

TAsPslX.png

It's an F-15 replica I made, inspired by Mareczex's far superior one. It's armed with 8 Hellfires, 4 Mavericks, 2 rocket pods and a 20 mm cannon. Flight testing with all the weapons on board showed great maneuverability, which will surely be needed for the upcoming fight.

I did it all, And then the unthinkable happens my game locked up and when it unlocked I was crashed and when i tried to restart, quickload, goto space center I got this bullcrap! I was forced to alt-f4 the game yet again...

[WRN 22:19:49.600] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to SPACECENTER (Async) =====================
[EXC 22:19:49.602] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
PatchedConicRenderer.OnSceneSwitch (GameScenes scn)
EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)
HighLogic.LoadScene (GameScenes scene)
AltimeterSliderButtons.returnToSpaceCenter ()
ScreenSafeUIButton.OnMouseUp (Boolean rightClick)
ScreenSafeUIButton.OnMouseUp ()
SSUICamera.DoMouseEvents ()
SSUICamera.Update ()
[WRN 22:19:54.837] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel SAMs Probe Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.838] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel SAMs Probe Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.839] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel Laser Missle Defense System Probe Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.840] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel Laser Missle Defense System Probe Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.841] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel Laser Missle Defense System Probe Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.842] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel AA Guns Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.843] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel SAMs Probe Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.844] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel SAMs Probe Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.845] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel Tank Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.845] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel Tank Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.846] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel Laser Missle Defense System Probe Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.847] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel Laser Missle Defense System Probe Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.848] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel Laser Missle Defense System Probe Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.849] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel Laser Missle Defense System Probe Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.850] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel TMKS Spitfire Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.851] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel TMKS Spitfire Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.852] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel TMKS Spitfire Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.853] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel TMKS Spitfire Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.854] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel TMKS Spitfire Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.855] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel TMKS Spitfire Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.856] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel TMKS Spitfire Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.857] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel TMKS Spitfire Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.858] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel TMKS Spitfire Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.858] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel TMKS Spitfire Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[WRN 22:19:54.859] [FlightPersistence]: Vessel TMKS Spitfire Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[LOG 22:19:54.894] Flight State Captured
[LOG 22:19:54.894] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 22:19:54.895] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 22:19:54.933] Game State Saved as persistent

The plane I was flying was made from RetroFuture and was prop driven, had 8 50cal machine guns 4 Mavericks 8 Hellfires, 4 250lbs bombs and two hydra pods with 76 rockets (two reload pods) I had a lot of trouble with the AA-guns till i guned down the lauchpad one with a lucky hydra hit. Then in the same pass managed to take out the AMS near the SPH, danced with the AA-gun and managed to get out without missing anyparts thanks to a last minute Pulse Jet add-on to the wings. When you need that extra boost of speed hit the fartjets! Yes the in-game name IS fartjet!

I plan to reduce the 50cal's or remove them for another guntype, maybe one reload on the hydra's.

I have all but what i am using right now uninstalled, running at lowest possible setting and getting horrible aiming sights on my guns. The (badmouth) AA-gun keep blowing me out of the skies when the craft load in. If I set the load in where i'm not in range of the AA-guns it becomes a slideshow with one frame a second (feels like it)

With all the lag that is from the parts in memory why the HECK are all the AA-guns and Anti-Missile Laser set to 1, and the missiles 10 for seeking targets? I'd expect them to be 20 or more on the AML's and AA and 30-40 on the missiles I've never used them below those marks as they start to get overpowered.

Might have to just bite the bullet and just use stock and BDarmory and see how much extra lag my mods are causing. I've tried ATM Aggressive just now and it was still lagging hard.

I think the SAM next to the radar hub is too close, just by using guns to destroy it the explosion from the missiles blowing up is taking out the hub >.<

Lol. Thats why I put it there.

This Challenge is in no way suppose to be easy. I made it so you can't just go in guns blazing. This Op is designed to make you think about how to approach a situation while under fire.

My tip for that situation is….think outside the box

I have all but what i am using right now uninstalled, running at lowest possible setting and getting horrible aiming sights on my guns. The (badmouth) AA-gun keep blowing me out of the skies when the craft load in. If I set the load in where i'm not in range of the AA-guns it becomes a slideshow with one frame a second (feels like it)

With all the lag that is from the parts in memory why the HECK are all the AA-guns and Anti-Missile Laser set to 1, and the missiles 10 for seeking targets? I'd expect them to be 20 or more on the AML's and AA and 30-40 on the missiles I've never used them below those marks as they start to get overpowered.

Might have to just bite the bullet and just use stock and BDarmory and see how much extra lag my mods are causing. I've tried ATM Aggressive just now and it was still lagging hard.

I would try just stock and BD then. Thats all I'm running and the game has very slight lag issues but not enough to game crash.

My tip for you in dealing with the AAs is the same as TopHatDragon…Think outside the box.

Don't just go in Guns blazing

Edited by War Eagle 1

I've had troubles with 64bit in the past. I might have to try it once more. As for the Gun blazing approach, I have tried diving at it from above, I have tried to skim the ground/sea, came at it from the sea, west and east trying to pick off JUST that one AA-gun near the launch pad. I have even tried to snipe it from 5 to 4km away with hydra's (witch was successfully but I ended up crashing due to something locking up the game.) But that is more luck than anything else. I have even attempted to overwhelm the AML's with missiles but firing 8 of them from 3km away at lest 2 are blow up just before my plane and if i fire outside 5km none make it.

Is there a load limit on how many of a certain type of armament we can carry other then the weight of them on the craft? I might try something crazy, so crazy . . . it . . . might . . . just . . . work!

I've had troubles with 64bit in the past. I might have to try it once more. As for the Gun blazing approach, I have tried diving at it from above, I have tried to skim the ground/sea, came at it from the sea, west and east trying to pick off JUST that one AA-gun near the launch pad. I have even tried to snipe it from 5 to 4km away with hydra's (witch was successfully but I ended up crashing due to something locking up the game.) But that is more luck than anything else. I have even attempted to overwhelm the AML's with missiles but firing 8 of them from 3km away at lest 2 are blow up just before my plane and if i fire outside 5km none make it.

Is there a load limit on how many of a certain type of armament we can carry other then the weight of them on the craft? I might try something crazy, so crazy . . . it . . . might . . . just . . . work!

No load limit.

Have you considered not going for the AA guns first?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.