Operation Return to Sender (Sequel is being made)

Should I decrease the AA guns range to 1000 and increase scan time to 10 sec?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I decrease the AA guns range to 1000 and increase scan time to 10 sec?

• yes
    • no

Yes, I have gone for the AML and Sam's before going after that AA-gun But that AA-gun chews me up as soon as I get into range. With a prop driven plane I don't got much speed availability but the trade off is one heck of a maneuverable plane.

I'ma going to try one more thing before I give up on my current plane design, but i have planes to see if I have my ole A-10 sitting around but i might have to install a mod for it as I think it used a FASA cockpit.

There is a mod called Burn together that allows you to fly a ground of ships in space, control a group of land bases craft and to some degree's aircraft. In a sence it will be like flying a squad of aircraft at once. I have never used it before but the video's i have seen are really nice.

Outside of the plugin He might be thinking of dropping a drone controlled, yet smaller craft from the larger one to just fly level till the AA takes it out. I've been thinking about using something like that but unpowered or just RCS powered and just glides into the range of the AA gun and such. It also will have a Weapons mod thingy set to team b to help with the decoy part.

Hello! This is more challenging than I thought it would be. The best I've been able to do it kill the laser on mission control with a rocket pod hit and flee while evading the incoming AA and spamming countermeasures to get rid of the missiles chasing me down. My record is 1 LMDS, 2 SAMs, and 1 AA.

The new update has helped lag greatly but it still runs at ~12 fps, so Ive decided not to make a video because it would be a poor-quality one at best. Here's a pic of my progress.

v0VoGTy.png

I need to know how you intended to go about this plan before I can give you a yes or no.

Can you give me more details?

In short the plan is to load up a cruise type missile with a weapon manager set to team B. Upon firing it would fly in front of you for a little then break in another direction. This would cause the anti air units to become confused or have some actually engage the false target (it would be like a simulated target missile to shoot down)

similar to air force radar planes throwing out false radar signals

In short the plan is to load up a cruise type missile with a weapon manager set to team B. Upon firing it would fly in front of you for a little then break in another direction. This would cause the anti air units to become confused or have some actually engage the false target (it would be like a simulated target missile to shoot down)

similar to air force radar planes throwing out false radar signals

I can allow that.

Just don't over do it

If you cut down the number of parts on those SAM launchers it would help a great deal. I haven't even looked at the tank yet.

Right now it has to be several hundred parts in the same area.

that i won't do.

my only advice is to get rid of all mods you are not using.

or better yet, go stock+bd army

I have taken out 1 AML, 2 AA-guns, 3 SAM's, the Tank (hard to hit that one), and the other rover near the admin building. HOWEVER while trying to take out the last SAM I crashed. The Space center was damaged, as with the launchpad if not destroyed all together, the radar hub was destroyed and the building that the AML was on neat the SPH as with the SAB.

I've been trying to make a new craft that will help with dealing with this at ranges of 5km to 3km ish, or from flying at 10km and bomb from above with guided bombs, AKA JDAM.

that i won't do.

my only advice is to get rid of all mods you are not using.

or better yet, go stock+bd army

The lag is what is bad...

I did a rough parts count. There is over 1000parts in a 5km grid. Even without any mods other than the basic stuff this would be a slide show.

I did it.... it was kind of cheap but I did it, then the game glitched.... and I couldn't exit the game without closing it.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The A-105 plane managed to kill 1 SAM launcher and 1 AA gun and damage another before it was hit by AA fire. The lag made aiming impossible.

So I changed tactics.

I went to my roots, and built a tank.

After three dry runs I found the best approach from the West. I destroyed the APC first then the SAM launchers in the center, I also hit the Laser on the roof of the SPH. I came around the north side of the kerbonaught complex and killed the AA Gun, only after tearing the rear half of my tank off. I then pulled around the south side of the VAB and killed the other SAM launchers and AA gun. The tank was the biggest challenge, I drove up behind it and hit it with my last shot. It was flipped on its side but still there. Minimal damage to the complex... they will need a new flag pole.

I will try again after I move, with one aircraft... but this was the best I could do in 3 hours of play. I may mess around with the guns a bit on my own and see if I can reduce that part count. Those SAS modules in the tank are pointless. There are over 100 parts in that thing alone! You can build a tank with less than 50 if you know what you are doing.

Well I managed to finish it....however Bob and Dodos never learned how to land properly...

http://imgur.com/a/Xaspj

WE HAVE OUR FIRST CHAMPION!!!

Well done TopHatDragon

I did it.... it was kind of cheap but I did it, then the game glitched.... and I couldn't exit the game without closing it.

http://imgur.com/a/gXl6X

The A-105 plane managed to kill 1 SAM launcher and 1 AA gun and damage another before it was hit by AA fire. The lag made aiming impossible.

So I changed tactics.

I went to my roots, and built a tank.

After three dry runs I found the best approach from the West. I destroyed the APC first then the SAM launchers in the center, I also hit the Laser on the roof of the SPH. I came around the north side of the kerbonaught complex and killed the AA Gun, only after tearing the rear half of my tank off. I then pulled around the south side of the VAB and killed the other SAM launchers and AA gun. The tank was the biggest challenge, I drove up behind it and hit it with my last shot. It was flipped on its side but still there. Minimal damage to the complex... they will need a new flag pole.

I will try again after I move, with one aircraft... but this was the best I could do in 3 hours of play. I may mess around with the guns a bit on my own and see if I can reduce that part count. Those SAS modules in the tank are pointless. There are over 100 parts in that thing alone! You can build a tank with less than 50 if you know what you are doing.

I can't accept this as a victory due to use of a tank.

I will keep your idea in mind. I might replace the tank with an APC

At lest I am not the ONLY one that is having Glitches on the game. Also Why the Kerban are the Sam launcher so fracking large and part hungry? 8 wheels ??? no wonder I am lagging the frell out so much Overengineering to the max...

Infact I just had the alt-F4 AGAIN just before I came here to post about how large the Sam's are.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.