Operation Return to Sender (Sequel is being made)

Should I decrease the AA guns range to 1000 and increase scan time to 10 sec?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I decrease the AA guns range to 1000 and increase scan time to 10 sec?

• yes
    • no

At lest I am not the ONLY one that is having Glitches on the game. Also Why the Kerban are the Sam launcher so fracking large and part hungry? 8 wheels ??? no wonder I am lagging the frell out so much Overengineering to the max...

Infact I just had the alt-F4 AGAIN just before I came here to post about how large the Sam's are.

Yeah it is quite buggy, also if the SAM launchers still have wheels it means you need to download the new save file

I've already downloaded the new save file. I wonder if I accidentally grabbed the first one on accident.

However I've just rebuilt a 4 AIM-120 missile launcher that is 40 parts. But it has no power production nor storage on the craft. Might add in two RTG's and 2 small batteries making it 44 parts.

EDIT: Yes yes I had the WRONG save file for the last few missions.

EDIT2: The SAM that I made was 44 parts and It was able to fire off all 4 missiles at me before I was able to drop a Hellfire atop it. (100 veiw range, 300km range, with 10 seek time.) Other than the launcher arm blown off and a few armored plates missing the craft was ok, and once it was put back on its wheels Bob drove it away to get repaired. No flatbed queen here this time.

Edited by Damaske

The current part load for this challenge is 802, I added up all the parts from the craft The largest part count is the Tank at 168, and the APC comming in second at 102 parts. SAM's run 81, AA-guns 38, and 34, and the AML's (I call em AMS for Anti-missile system) come in at 77parts.

I made me a GNDrive powered Tie-fighter armed with two 30mm autocannon turrets from Spanner Boomsticks, And 96 hellfire missiles. The Tie fighter flew amazing but lag once more got the better of me and I was shot down by the (insert lots of angry cruse words) AA-guns both times during fits of lag induced horror. I have recorded my misadventures and highlighted the 2nd attack I tried. Please excuse the crappy video as I was running OBS at the lowest possible setting to avoid lag.

http://www.twitch.tv/damaske/c/5398125

Will do a restart and will try once more with my "NORMAL" airplane and not some fantasy anti-grave thingy!

Edited by Damaske

Nope, I redownloaded the one from the OP and renamed it to Operation Return to Sender it is 1204KB in size vrs the other 1904KB in size. The AA-guns, SAM's look like the ones in the OP pictures. I am going to try it once more but i'm going to remove the Tank and APC to see if that will help with my troubles. NEVER before have I had this much trouble with a large part count in one area before.

EDIT: I removed the Tank and APC and it was not lagging for me any more, HOWEVER I was still getting times were the game would stop responding while I was in "loading range" of all the items at KSC. My craft was only 81 part for a total of 611 part far far better than 883 parts that was there before. I AM going to replace the APC, AND tank with lower part count craft I am thinking at max 80 parts and fly it once more.

Edited by Damaske

Nope, I redownloaded the one from the OP and renamed it to Operation Return to Sender it is 1204KB in size vrs the other 1904KB in size. The AA-guns, SAM's look like the ones in the OP pictures. I am going to try it once more but i'm going to remove the Tank and APC to see if that will help with my troubles. NEVER before have I had this much trouble with a large part count in one area before.

EDIT: I removed the Tank and APC and it was not lagging for me any more, HOWEVER I was still getting times were the game would stop responding while I was in "loading range" of all the items at KSC. My craft was only 81 part for a total of 611 part far far better than 883 parts that was there before. I AM going to replace the APC, AND tank with lower part count craft I am thinking at max 80 parts and fly it once more.

I ll need to see the craft you are replacing them with. that way I can be sure there is at least something there

Judging by how quite a few people are still having lag issues…I ll make a third edition of the game with even fewer parts

Yeppers Will show em off, also If you look at my twitch You can see my latest streams that featured your challenge.

EDIT: I just loaded up KSP 25 86 aka 32bit, With BDarmory, Spanners Boomsticks, Retro furture( with firespitter plugin) And it still was forcing my to alt-f4 the game due to [EXC 10:25:02.314] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Witch is most likely the game saying it can not find the cockpit that was just blown up by the buzzsaw like AA-guns. And I was using my Main harddrive and not the 2nd harddrive that I put all my games onto. It also ran much better than before on the other drive. I wonder if its time to get a new harddrive since that one is messing up each time I reboot lately it is needed to run scandisk.

Edited by Damaske

In the maintenance of file systems, defragmentation is a process that reduces the amount of fragmentation. It does this by physically organizing the contents of the mass storage device used to store files into the smallest number of contiguous regions (fragments). It also attempts to create larger regions of free space using compaction to impede the return of fragmentation. Some defragmentation utilities try to keep smaller files within a single directory together, as they are often accessed in sequence. as wikipedia says it. it just makes the hard disk load things faster.

In the maintenance of file systems, defragmentation is a process that reduces the amount of fragmentation. It does this by physically organizing the contents of the mass storage device used to store files into the smallest number of contiguous regions (fragments). It also attempts to create larger regions of free space using compaction to impede the return of fragmentation. Some defragmentation utilities try to keep smaller files within a single directory together, as they are often accessed in sequence. as wikipedia says it. it just makes the hard disk load things faster.

Ok so how would I do this on my macbook?

you would not need to "Mac OS X's formatting system is quite advanced and doesn't use every nook and cranny of your hard drive. The only time when it "might" matter is when or if your hard drive is near full, and OS X is trying to find those nooks and crannies."

War eagle: the defrag was directed toward me, I've made sure it has not been fragged before but i recently removed a lot of steam games i don't play at all and freed up a lot of harddrive space. so maybe its all messed up from that also I ran a chkdsk /r on my 2nd harddrive while i was sleeping and it locked up around 23% and had to fix a lot of errors. Soooo I might have to keep trying to do it till it runs fully and mark/move data off the bad sectors.

so here is my latest attempt at this but from a totally new angle

Ba4KYnH.png

sRIOJlU.png

8fhT7Q9.png

phqXLxY.png

d5VsEuh.png

Scratch that just reread the first post and realized that it has to be an aircraft. Unless, does this count? (I can make it manned pretty quickly)

Edited by Im The One

so here is my latest attempt at this but from a totally new angle

http://i.imgur.com/Ba4KYnH.png

http://i.imgur.com/sRIOJlU.png

http://i.imgur.com/8fhT7Q9.png

http://i.imgur.com/phqXLxY.png

http://i.imgur.com/d5VsEuh.png

Scratch that just reread the first post and realized that it has to be an aircraft. Unless, does this count? (I can make it manned pretty quickly)

What are you trying to do in this?

he's attempting parachute artillery.... literally

Ok well if this is what he is doing, then I want to see it happen.

but no quick saving and you still have to destroy all the targets while at the same time, keeping damage to a min.

Also don't forget you still have to have a weapons manager on it and be on team B

Update:

Based on the overwhelming results. I am going to make the AA guns have a range of 1000 instead of 2000.

Also I will remove the APC and Tank

I liked the additional challenge of them... but there was something about them causing a lot of additional lag. May have been the 2 dozen SAS modules.

I liked the additional challenge of them... but there was something about them causing a lot of additional lag. May have been the 2 dozen SAS modules.

The tank was one I made for another persons youtube series. I only put it in there to ad a bit more realism

The tank was one I made for another persons youtube series. I only put it in there to ad a bit more realism

Why did you have all those SAS modules as the body? I just used two 1.25 structure tanks, and that worked just as well and it had less flex and a whole lot less part count.

Update:

Based on the overwhelming results. I am going to make the AA guns have a range of 1000 instead of 2000.

Also I will remove the APC and Tank

I'd leave the AA guns at 2000, but reduce how often the fire as with the SAM's As for the Tank and APC, I am sure there is some here that are skilled at making them and would not mine making a tank, and am APC that is low part count and skill great looking.

I sugest

AA-guns 1.5km to 2km range, 15 scan interval (slowler to respomnd) And do some adjusted field of view

SAM's just a bit longer between firing off there misses as the are more spam happy and well they are the eazyest to make miss.

Lower the part count on the APC by half And have a good looking tank with no more than 100part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.