[WIP][Plugin][0.3.3] Flight Computer - Fully automated flight, programmable via VPL

pixartist

One more suggestion from a bad programmer: i need a emergency Flight Computer shutdown button. somtimes i code realy bad ....^^ and then i have to watch my kerbals die:-)

I mean a switch that completly deactivate FC on my curent vessel, and abort every execution.

(i just down know how to shut down everything. Break up the Line from the trigger works to, but cost me to much time in this situations.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS33GEunFA-hMIThd-e9oLSpstZdaS6DNwA6yFmY9DsWifbpXKu

Edited by whaaw

So people saying this is some nice Auto pilot computer easier than kOS, but I check it out and 'whooooa'. Is it easier to understand once I get into it? Or is just my algorithmic mind that think kOS its easier to learn?

Anyway, that demo showing the probe just hopping from one building to another is simply amazing, truly!

How is RemoteTech integration, I've read that you don't actually need a connection or delay calculations, the only issue to be considered is the need to have a working connection before activating programs much like kOS, 'landing' 'orbiting' and stuff.

I'll really be looking into this.

How about instead of using the barometer model, borrow the model of flight computer from Engineer?

So people saying this is some nice Auto pilot computer easier than kOS, but I check it out and 'whooooa'. Is it easier to understand once I get into it? Or is just my algorithmic mind that think kOS its easier to learn?

Anyway, that demo showing the probe just hopping from one building to another is simply amazing, truly!

How is RemoteTech integration, I've read that you don't actually need a connection or delay calculations, the only issue to be considered is the need to have a working connection before activating programs much like kOS, 'landing' 'orbiting' and stuff.

I'll really be looking into this.

How about instead of using the barometer model, borrow the model of flight computer from Engineer?

There is no cross mod compatibility yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm impressed! A very nice mod. Perhaps it would be usefull to add comment nodes which can be used to identify and clarify specific parts of a program (or are they already available to the user?).

Maybe have non-execution "Group boxes" like on a windows dialog that groups elements together like this:

xyBXohh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK got it unzipped and it created a FlightComputer folder. I copied the folder and all sub items into KSPwin\GameData on a test version. I fired up the test version, loaded my orbital bird, but can not find any way to activate the Flight Computer.

Found a couple of nasty bugs last night. If I attempt to connect one module to another and then decide not to, I can not kill the line once I created it. I have to completely shutdown the program and restart it. I tried Right Clicking but that does not kill the line. I also notice that when I click on an module or mode on the Flight Computer Screen that it also activated whatever is on the screen behind it. You can see the object activate thru the transparency of the Flight Computer Screen.

Seems easy enough... except that I'm not seeing the Altitude or Altitude over ground populating my Value reached events... so the events never work.

The tutorial videos show the altitude value updating... but no such thing happening now.

Also, what are the little red dots in the top right corner of each program block? They never do anything... as a control or display.

Finally... the stage fuel empty event ... well... it never works.

Ideas?

Thank you!

Edited by Ryder

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there fair and beautyfull people!

For some reason I can't figure out the delay node. I persume it functions like this: you give the value wich is the delay in seconds. Then when you send the "activate" signal from a previous command, the signal will be held back for the amount of seconds you've specified. Yet, for me this does not seem to work. the next node will not activate. Am I doing someting wrong? or do I have a software glitch? This is the program I've made to demonstrate:delay_node_test.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Kintarou said:

Hey there,

I got the problem, that when I attach the FCmodule to my vessel, the flight planner won't open. :/ what can I do?

Hello and welcome. I don't believe this has been compiled against the new version of KSP. This mod is mostly likely not compatible with 1.2x.

You can get the source and compile it against the new KSP DLL's. But lots of code has changed between pre 1.0 and newer versions.

What are you trying to accomplish? Have you tried Mechjeb? https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/mechjeb/files/2355387

Edited by martinezfg11

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.