[WIP][Plugin][0.3.3] Flight Computer - Fully automated flight, programmable via VPL

pixartist

not if you use the toolbar addon^^

but seriously,in my opinion, that would be a great way to execute (very) specific programs(like autohover for example). Also, where does watchvalue display the value? I have't found the window yet.

In the default window. Resize it!

now, that is strange, when i connect a value to watchvalue+tick->enable the value and the tick node vanish. is this normal?

No it's not normal. You need to enable them once only though. I'm gonna look into that, I have a suspicion what's the problem here.

near Koblenz

EDIT: or did you mean whaaw?

EDIT2: I don't know if it's a bug from this mod, but when I move my mouse to a point in the upper left corner of the screen, not only the flight computer GUI vanishes, but also the toolbar, the vessel name, some buttons change color etc... I'll upload some screenshots, wait a second.

EDIT3:

here they are:

PBVqHjw.jpg

OAeGSiH.jpg

the bad thing is, you can't see where the mouse is, but I hope this explains my problem.

Edited by Themorris

Very good. I'll have 3 days to fix everything ;)

Ps: You are German right ? what city ?

Im swiss 30km near Zürich

edit: i like the idea with the button node to start executing some

Edit2: other idea, is it possible to make a node that performs the test action to accomplish the contracts. Its tricky because the node has to know witch part is testing. But this would be very nice for the anoying contracts

id.jpg

Edited by whaaw

@Themorris That's weird. I've never noticed that. Is your cursor in the corner of the SCREEN or the corner of the Flight Planner window? I'll try to reproduce it when I'm home. Does the stuff reappear when your move your mouse ?

Edit2: other idea, is it possible to make a node that performs the test action to accomplish the contracts. Its tricky because the node has to know witch part is testing. But this would be very nice for the anoying contracts

Http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.ch/id.jpg

Just put the object into an action group and make a subroutine which enables an action group when the given params (altitude, velocity, etc) are met.

near Koblenz

EDIT: or did you mean whaaw?

EDIT2: I don't know if it's a bug from this mod, but when I move my mouse to a point in the upper left corner of the screen, not only the flight computer GUI vanishes, but also the toolbar, the vessel name, some buttons change color etc... I'll upload some screenshots, wait a second.

the bad thing is, you can't see where the mouse is, but I hope this explains my problem.

I can't reproduce that.

Just put the object into an action group and make a subroutine which enables an action group when the given params (altitude, velocity, etc) are met.

That's a brilliant idea. Stealing...

Additionally, I'm planning on writing some nodes (get variables) for my NavUtilities mod. I expect this'll be at version .5 or so by the time I can get around to it :D (a few weeks).

After that, I'll try and write a few other nodes. Autostaging is a bit difficult because it doesn't seem to handle sepretrons being on the discarded stages (they still have fuel); at least that was the case the last time i tried (.2.5). I know actually testing for when to stage is very difficult because of all the edge cases, but I'll see what I can come up with, if it hasn't been handled by then.

@Themorris That's weird. I've never noticed that. Is your cursor in the corner of the SCREEN or the corner of the Flight Planner window? I'll try to reproduce it when I'm home. Does the stuff reappear when your move your mouse ?

The screen/game window. I don't know what causes it, but it doesn't seem to come from your mod.But it's annoying as hell. Everything reappears when I move the mouse. I shall investigate...

That's a brilliant idea. Stealing...

Additionally, I'm planning on writing some nodes (get variables) for my NavUtilities mod. I expect this'll be at version .5 or so by the time I can get around to it :D (a few weeks).

After that, I'll try and write a few other nodes. Autostaging is a bit difficult because it doesn't seem to handle sepretrons being on the discarded stages (they still have fuel); at least that was the case the last time i tried (.2.5). I know actually testing for when to stage is very difficult because of all the edge cases, but I'll see what I can come up with, if it hasn't been handled by then.

Please test that again, I think it should be fixed

Also a new version is out, with a huge GUI update (again). Also featuring action buttons! And dragging the program window content!

Edited by pixartist

And dragging the program window content!

I was just about to ask for that... :D

now the only thing left for perfect handling is scaling

Edit: I think I misunderstood, I thougt it was panning around on the program.(like with mmb)

But dragging the content is also nice!

Edited by Themorris

I was just about to ask for that... :D

now the only thing left for perfect handling is scaling

Edit: I think I misunderstood, I thougt it was panning around on the program.(like with mmb)

But dragging the content is also nice!

I meant panning. You can do both, drag nodes and pan via clicking and dragging the background..

I just noticed that... I feel dumb now :confused:

Well, that is what happens when you write before trying. Also, I love the new GUI and the action buttons are great!

i've also found a bug, when you click an output to connect the node and you delete the node afterwards, the connection gets red and just stays where the node was. You can't delete it. Then you can't connect any other nodes.

Edited by Themorris

I just noticed that... I feel dumb now :confused:

Well, that is what happens when you write before trying. Also, I love the new GUI and the action buttons are great!

i've also found a bug, when you click an output to connect the node and you delete the node afterwards, the connection gets red and just stays where the node was. You can't delete it. Then you can't connect any other nodes.

Will fix tomorrow.

I signed up to the forums after lurking since 0.16 to say how much I love this mod. It's fantastic.

I would really like to be able to get values from user inputs.

For example: Get the current;y set throttle, get the current pitch input, etc.

This way I can make flight assist programs.

I signed up to the forums after lurking since 0.16 to say how much I love this mod. It's fantastic.

I would really like to be able to get values from user inputs.

For example: Get the current;y set throttle, get the current pitch input, etc.

Thanks, and I'm not sure if thats possible, I'll look into it.

I made a follow terrain program yesterday evening, it works quite well. the only problem is, that when you are near the coast, the altitude over ground doesn't use the water surface, it used the ocean floor. So I had to make another part of the program, where the program decides which altitude value to use

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.