[WIP][Plugin][0.3.3] Flight Computer - Fully automated flight, programmable via VPL

pixartist

I made a follow terrain program yesterday evening, it works quite well. the only problem is, that when you are near the coast, the altitude over ground doesn't use the water surface, it used the ocean floor. So I had to make another part of the program, where the program decides which altitude value to use

Will be fixed next patch

Awesome mod! Even better when it works! Copied over the programs from the examples and they do absolutely nothing; nodes don't get triggered. Is there some secret trick that needs to be applied?

Which examples exactly ? The included subroutines should work.

Hi and thank you for your mod, it's the kind of automated vessel control I always wanted!

I have two questions/feature requests though:

1. Is it possible to add a node that gets the delay time from RemoteTech and factors it into burn times/burn points along the trajectory?

2. Is there a possibillity to program an automatic station keeping program for satellites?

Thanks again and best regards

EDIT: As a third request, is it possible to add AVC support? It makes trackign of updates so much easier...

Edited by E.Nygma

Hi and thank you for your mod, it's the kind of automated vessel control I always wanted!

I have two questions/feature requests though:

1. Is it possible to add a node that gets the delay time from RemoteTech and factors it into burn times/burn points along the trajectory?

2. Is there a possibillity to program an automatic station keeping program for satellites?

Thanks again and best regards

Cross mod support is not that trivial and will not come too soon. What do you mean by station keeping ? Do you mean keeping an orbit ? Well, you got control over your vessel and all kinds of flight stats. What data would you need for that purpose ? Or are you talking abour RCS controlling ?

If I want to get a RemoteTech network to be stable over long periods (>10 kerbal years), I would have to manually adjust orbits every few years on all satellites, so the request aimed at providing an automated feature that keeps the satellite on its relative position and orbital period to all connected satellites and to the celestial body it orbits (EDIT: without the need to actively access all satellites and let them stay on rails).Now that I think of it further, it seems to be a considerable programming challenge...

Cross mod support is not that trivial and will not come too soon.

I suspected something like that.

Edited by E.Nygma

My request regarding the delay time was for the purpose of automatic probe landing e.g. on Duna, so the user can set up a fully automated program in the VAB and then watch the mission without the need to manually calculate the delays for the burns etc. (RT2 dynamically calculates delays through distance, so an automatic readout would be nice), it's more of a convenience feature though

Edited by E.Nygma

Yes, I know put this is a Program it doen't need to know the RT delay it should run what you set it at.

EDIT- Like what we sent to Mar's they could have had all the Programmed in the didn't need to send it commands as there is a delay in real live to Mar's they can but they didn't need to.

Ah, after some pondering, I see your point. The program runs on the probe computer, not at KSC, so the delay is 0...Silly me! I imagined the program running at KSC and doing the maneuvers in real time...like a remote control for a childs toy...

Here is something for you too if you haven't done it

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[FPComputer]]

{

MODULE

{

name = FPComputer

}

}

This would pretty much add his mod to all Command parts.

EDIT- And there is some bugs in RT right now and some work around but then you get in is it cheating.

Well, you can calculate a lot of orbital information via Periapsis, Apoapsis, Body mass, radius, G, vessel mass, thrust etc. I'm pretty sure programs won't run remotely though, and I'm also not sure how this could be done. Is this something you guys would want ?

My my so when you go into hiding for a few months all out of sudden you start missing out on the nicer mods.

Looks really lovely already, I'd love to contribute my time to this one, especially since it pretty much gives my half finished Selene (KSP Lua interpreter) a run for it's money.

If that's something that would appreciated give me a shout over at Steam, so maybe we can coordinate on that.

My my so when you go into hiding for a few months all out of sudden you start missing out on the nicer mods.

Looks really lovely already, I'd love to contribute my time to this one, especially since it pretty much gives my half finished Selene (KSP Lua interpreter) a run for it's money.

If that's something that would appreciated give me a shout over at Steam, so maybe we can coordinate on that.

Hmm, ATM it's a bit hard to cooperate I think, since I'm constantly changing core stuff. Do you have any specific Ideas how you would / could contribute ?

Hmm, ATM it's a bit hard to cooperate I think, since I'm constantly changing core stuff. Do you have any specific Ideas how you would / could contribute ?

Well first of all I have some ideas how the whole system could work with references to parts of your vessel, which could in turn allow for dynamic mod independant control of certain part features (Selene has allows for this in order to control individual engines if needed, trigger pretty allow anything else you can do with both context menu and action groups.

Then there's always room for improvement with the general UI, both on the visuals and user experience sides.

Also got some ideas for further Nodes, and general improvement for the nodes, like dynamic in/out lists, both to clean up nodes like the exec sequencer and would also allow for formula nodes for which you could introduce IOs with set datatype and just use some basic formula to avoid the usual math node clustering.

Got quite a few ideas there, but I think that would be easier to coordinate via Steam or whatever

Some simple thing I would like automated:

- Trigger an action group when certain conditions are met like when my power is lower or higher than an x%

- Head my vehical towards a body (Kerbin, Mun, Sun (usefull for optimal solar collecting))

both of those are possible with the exception of the electric power ... You can trigger action groups and you can get your heading towards the current target.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.