Orbital Sciences Cygnus launch scrubbed because of a boat

SpaceXray

It happened. Why should people stop bringing it up?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. People tend to use the event (which happened 20 years ago) to "bully" China's current space program, no one (apart from a small minority) would use say the challenger disaster to say the US sucks.

Can't but quote this Youtube comment:

Russia we're sorry you were right. Can we just pay you to keep doing this for us??

(Well, TBH, while Soyuz has good reliability, Proton is actually worse than anything, and failures in different places mean it's terrible manufacturing. Constant failures mean it's terrible management.)

Edited by Kulebron

This is not stupid, because the commenter, even jokingly, was discussing success/failure rate, and I've kept the same, I edited it to add more on topic info.

So it applies more for the Soyuz launcher and not the Russians themselves considering the Proton is also Russian. That means this 'joke' makes no sense.

I'm just saying, this failure/success debate is getting old.

Edited by Reddragon

Sure. Well, the commenter meant that Soyuz is more reliable. Let me post an image of reliability comparison which really chaged my perspectives:

smoke size = total launches last 10 years

orange smoke = failures in last 10 years

red circle = failure rate

The most failing are, left to right: Proton (6,45%), Zenit (6.1%), Dnepr (6.25%), Rokot (13.33%). Some American rockets, despite a couple of spectacular explosions, have a very good record.

1402287791_0926.1350x1065.jpeg

Sure. Well, the commenter meant that Soyuz is more reliable. Let me post an image of reliability comparison which really chaged my perspectives:

smoke size = total launches last 10 years

orange smoke = failures in last 10 years

red circle = failure rate

The most failing are, left to right: Proton (6,45%), Zenit (6.1%), Dnepr (6.25%), Rokot (13.33%). Some American rockets, despite a couple of spectacular explosions, have a very good record.

That's true. For some reason I still like the Proton very much. Maybe it's because of it's history with Zond. Soyuz is more elegant though.

as i said.. common sense.. i make fresh brewed coffee every morning and i am not dumb enough to just simply pour the whole thing into my mouth.

those are the same people, hurting their tonge with a fork and sueing the restaurant..

but thats very off topic now. i am sorry.

I don't think you get it. When you make coffee YOU usually boil it correct? If you order coffee from a restaurant do you expect it to be served less than 5 degrees C under boiling? Nobody does. If you take even a small sip of coffee that hot it would cause severe burns to your tongue, which may cause you to involuntarily spill the coffee over yourself. Such a substantial mistake on McDonald's part is a serious hazard, regardless of the way in which it was discovered, which is REALLY what the lawsuit was about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.