What Are You Planning/Hoping To Do In KSP In The Near Future?

michaelsteele3

Thank you, Sir!

It looks like it fits under some fairings, so i could launch it on top of a rocket, like the X-37 :)

Youre welcome! And that is exactly how i get it up into orbit.

I've got something similar, myself... I....'m sure a parachute-based design would be even better, but who can resist the idea of a glider?

That is one cool miniaturized craft. And 17 parts is excellent. I really love to keep things small and efficient.

Just an idea... make some dock-able emergency engines, so you can decide how you want to land.

I have included parachutes on the latest version to make it saver, but when it hits water it is doomed, regardless if descending powered or by chute... Water is so deadly on Kerbin...

To not fail as spectacularly as I have been in recent versions, with no hope of reverting to the pad, or saving hehehe ....

Really, try turning off all those forms of saving yourself, it does make you facepalm more than you think you will. :)

I'm currently:

- Chasing down the 10,000 science I need for the last node on the Interstellar Lite Tech tree . . . currently on ~6,800 and should have most of the rest incoming once the both my Jool system Magnetosphere Survey Probe and Surface Sample Expeditions return to Kerbin. . . . the Jool -> Kerbin window is not for quite some time however.

- Planning a Karbonite Refinery for Gilly. Eve has no quick and easily extractable karbonite, so plan is to mine and refine on Gilly and drop filled fuel tanks on Eve.

- Make my first attempt at an Eve ascent, Interstellar is likely to make this far easier than stock.

- Start planning phase II of the Joolian colonization initiative . . . Phase I is just some basic infrastructure on Laythe's surface.

Well, in the past week I've gone from "OH GOD HOW DO I DOCK IN SPACE AAAHHHH" to "Hell yeah, first try!"

Now all I need to do is get a SSTO refined enough to dock with one of my cruisers in orbit, then head off to a planet.

Also, at some point, I'll work on return vehicles for all my stranded Kerbals :)

In almost 500 hours I've yet to leave Kerbin's SOI but the time is coming soon when I will venture beyond the home world's influence :). I had a neat contract pop up from FinePrint to take a probe (I think) and do some high and low altitude science around the sun, once I've made a little more tech tree progress (for construction parts) and got an interplanetary comms link established (for RemoteTech) I'll be sending out my first vessel into a solar orbit!

The road to that project is peppered with some smaller missions like putting up mapping satellites around Kerbin, Mun and Minmus as well as sending out some small robotic rovers to Mun and whatever other interesting contracts arise.

Land and take off from Eve. Only planet I haven't conquered yet in the entire game.

I've built a space station, a quiet nice one albeit that, but I deorbited it not too long ago. It was dependent on TAC life support as well as station science and become a pain in the rear end to maintain. Also, there wasn't really a point to it besides just having one. FYI, I built this entire using the space shuttle mod, part by part, just like the real thing, took about 16 flights to built.

2014_08_22_00006.jpg

In my science mode save, I've got the beginnings of a colony heading to Eve. They're going to stay there long term and analyse their science findings on site (there's a manned lab as part of the station) rather than attempting an ascent from the surface. A couple of the crew won't land and will instead man the space station/explore Gilly and Eve's upper atmosphere before returning to Kerbin.

In my early career mode save, I've just completed a mun flyby and somewhat ambitiously sent Jeb to Minmus in a ship that didn't quite have the delta-v needed. He managed to get safely to the surface in the end, just as he ran out of fuel. So I guess a rescue mission is next then. Meanwhile he's exploring on foot. The clumsy oaf somehow knocked his ship over while EVAing around, with the hatch facing the ground- hope he likes camping.

I'm currently building a 747 replica and I intend on making all the Ground Support Equipment to go with it,

Ground Power Unit, Refueling Truck, Pushback Tug, Cargo Loaders and some buses to shuttle kerbals to and from the space center buildings. :]

Got about half a dozen satellites nearing Duna that I will need to insert into various orbits over the next Kerbal week (got contract spammed from fine-print).

Jeb's on his way to Eve to plant a flag - first time I've sent a Kerbal out of Kerbin SoI.

Putting together a space station out at 150 km (fine-print contract again, but also need a fuel stop to support future operations).

I've always wanted to send a rover to Eve without parachutes. I designed a glider to carry a rover to the surface with retro thrusters for slowing down. I'm waiting for an Eve rover contract before I send one.

My Eve mission is taking along an aerospike-powered plane that has two rover wheels at the front so it can land and then drive around as a rover. I'm thinking I might send a dedicated rover along at some point too, as well as perhaps an ion-powered drone.

Right now, I am building a large space station in orbit. I have several small probes orbiting both moons and one on its way to the inner solar system. I do have a workable space plane, now I want to build one a bit bigger to handle larger payloads.

Getting ready to launch a full TAC-life Duna exploration mission. 6 crew, round trip, with manned landings. I'm using a variant of my munar lander with a shielded descent stage, but the rest of the lander is *not* that aerodynamic, but its still duna, so I hope FAR doesn't kill me.

Also building a LKO OKS station, that eats up all my extra income :(

Began designing an ambitious single-launch unmanned Duna/Ike land-and-return mission for 6.4x Kerbin: I'll get both probes to Duna orbit, separate both landers, do science stuff, return both science payloads to the transfer stage (discarding their engines), and take both home at once. The little Stayputnik cores on the top are just the dummy root nodes, so I can save the rest as a sub-assembly. I'll probably move the parachute off the Ike lander; that was intended to be the Kerbin landing parachute for both payload sections, but since I'm changing which end I'll have the heatshield on, it'll probably be moved to the Duna lander.

I was also abruptly reminded of the rocket equation, when it turns out I save ~2-3 tonnes by having a separate Kerbin reentry heatshield on the transfer stage instead of just re-using the Duna heatshield. Part of that mass savings was because, instead of having the heatshield on the top (requiring RCS or reaction wheels to flip the whole lander over before parachute deployment), I now have it on the bottom.

XVpJRVG.png

zVZk8TN.png

Short term: Get all my probes and unmanned landers around Eve/Gilly and Duna/Ike - the last is a sample return mission.

Medium term: Set up some practical resource resupply infrastructure in the Duna/Ike system. Perhaps even a full on OKS station with all the bells and whistles.

Long term: Finally go visit Jool and its' moons. Never done that despite having the game for nearly a year by now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.