[HIRING!][NEW] German Aeronautics and Spaceflight Engineers Kerbin

MarkusA380

This is the worst German ever. Ask me in the future. ;) Also german is a pretty bad language for this (every gramatically correct sentence with the same meaning sounds awful for the german ear), stick with english.

okay, sorry, I'm trying to learn but im very, VERY new at it. So there's no good translation for "deal with it"?

okay, sorry, I'm trying to learn but im very, VERY new at it. What would be a better translation for "deal with it"?

Uhm well German is just not as "cool" so actually we use those words and phrases too. But "Leb' damit!" is the best translation. But its not even almost as badass as the english version.

Uhm well German is just not as "cool" so actually we use those words and phrases too. But "Leb' damit!" is the best translation. But its not even almost as badass as the english version.

haha, all right, i'll leave the German to you for now :D

Okay, so remember that 93 ton VTOL I made and posted here. Well I scaled it up x2..... This thing is gonna put GASEK on the map!

She is 193 tonnes fully fueled, and even at that weight she can carry 300 tonnes of cargo easily :D

32 lift engines, 2 horizontal engines. 24,000L of jet fuel (which is about 6 hours of fuel time w/o payload)

tDNlrxp.jpg

Edited by zekes

Okay, so remember that 93 ton VTOL I made and posted here. Well I scaled it up x2..... This thing is gonna put GASEK on the map!

Awesome, I´ve got a super Heavy Aircrft in the works (almost 600 parts by now) but i´m still not happy with the result, Can anyone recommend any improvements?

Here´s the .craft file.

I'll try it out when I get home today :)

EDIT: This thing is AWESOME!

Just one thing: can we add some kind of door/ramp in the back so we can actually use the space in the fuselage? It seems sad to waste it, this thing could haul so much cargo....

Anyway, pic!

ZYfFnNP.jpg

Edited by zekes

can we add some kind of door/ramp in the back so we can actually use the space in the fuselage? It seems sad to waste it, this thing could haul so much cargo....

That is one of the problems I was unhappy with, but I have no idea how to do something like that, I know its possible to make doors using docking ports that undock and pivot open, but i think it would be extremely hard because of the shape of the fuselage.

Another problem is, that the tail and nose houses all the fuel (to balance out) so it would throw the planes mass completely of center and make the plane dive (due to the center of lift being of) making it darn near impossible to take off let alone fly.

That is one of the problems I was unhappy with, but I have no idea how to do something like that, I know its possible to make doors using docking ports that undock and pivot open, but i think it would be extremely hard because of the shape of the fuselage.

Another problem is, that the tail and nose houses all the fuel (to balance out) so it would throw the planes mass completely of center and make the plane dive (due to the center of lift being of) making it darn near impossible to take off let alone fly.

I could take a crack at it, i managed to add a bomb bay to my Valkyrja AFTER i had built it :P but it is impressive nonetheless, i love it. Great plane.

I could take a crack at it, i managed to add a bomb bay to my Valkyrja AFTER i had built it :P

Yeah by all means have a go, it would be awesome if possible, but first download the Latest version (i made some tweaks to stop the fuselage from bending as much).

Still called test one (i´m crap at naming things)

Yeah by all means have a go, it would be awesome if possible, but first download the Latest version (i made some tweaks to stop the fuselage from bending as much).

Still called test one (i´m crap at naming things)

ah perfect, i noticed it was flexting a lot. We'll figure out a name for it eventually.

I'll put all the DL links over the last few pages into one post so we can test/ video them

Sounds like a good Idea.

Btw any problems you notice with the plane you can point out to me and i´ll try to fix them allowing you to focus on building the ramp.

thanks! I feel like we should have our first release pack soon; I'll put all the DL links over the last few pages into one post so we can test/ video them

Okay, we can begin with that! Asteroid redirecter you say? Okay, go!

zekes, you build the Rocket, midgester and I work on the payload with travel stage.

A perfect one. So something inbetween. Complicated but still minimalistic?

Ok, I´ll see what i can do.

what should the payload be capable of (besides grabbing the asteroid obviously), and should it be manned or unmanned? How much Delta-V are we talking on the travel stage?

Edited by midgester222

Okay, we can begin with that! Asteroid redirecter you say? Okay, go!

zekes, you build the Rocket, midgester and I work on the payload with travel stage.

allright do you want an SSTO rocket to put it into LKO? I can do that, I just need a relative idea of what tonnage I need to put into orbit.