[1.1.3] BackgroundProcessing

jamespicone

CKAN seems to have automatically picked up the update from Spacedock, so thanks.

If nobody else volunteers, I'd be happy to adopt this mod, although I can't promise much beyond attempting to keep this working with the next KSP releases, either (getting fuel cells to work does sound like an interesting project, but I'm not sure how much time I can find).

I encourage you in this way. I think this mod could/will be a must have included in a lot of mods because it really transform the way of managing satelite in a more inteligent way.

I think it's possible to have an automated realignement process with some embarqued computer mod, but i have forget wich one :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 5:37 AM, jamespicone said:

I've accepted @buttercookie42's pull request against my repository, rebuilt the mod against KSP 1.2.2, did a basic works-on-my-machine test and put it on SpaceDock. I don't really know about CKAN; probably a good idea for somebody else to do that.

Thanks Buttercookie42, as should be obvious I'm not really maintaining this any more. It'd probably be ideal if somebody else took over; don't really mind who. Happy to hand stuff over in a semi-official way if necessary.

Please excuse this side bust reply, in reading this. It would seem that this mod would be good for USI LS and HAB?  Making is so that I would have to visit and revisit a closed circle base setup?  When I look at the Life Support Status it would seem that their hab and ls are not being updated in the background.. of did I miss something?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

Please excuse this side bust reply, in reading this. It would seem that this mod would be good for USI LS and HAB?  Making is so that I would have to visit and revisit a closed circle base setup?  When I look at the Life Support Status it would seem that their hab and ls are not being updated in the background.. of did I miss something?

Thank you.

Nope you didn't miss anything... A Mod must be written to work with this mod... otherwise it won't do anything.
Onn..the other hand. My TAC LS - DOES..... There ya go.

5 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Nope you didn't miss anything... A Mod must be written to work with this mod... otherwise it won't do anything.
Onn..the other hand. My TAC LS - DOES..... There ya go.

Okay... thanks..  install like a normal mod?  Things should work without... you know.. checking in?

• 1 month later...

On 5/4/2017 at 10:07 PM, jamespicone said:

Thanks Buttercookie42, as should be obvious I'm not really maintaining this any more. It'd probably be ideal if somebody else took over; don't really mind who. Happy to hand stuff over in a semi-official way if necessary.

On 5/28/2017 at 6:54 PM, JPLRepo said:

Here is a link to version that works for KSP 1.3 until @jamespicone can update it.
Source also available here

It doesn't look like he's coming back based on his previous post

• 3 months later...
On 5/28/2017 at 5:24 AM, JPLRepo said:

Here is a link to version that works for KSP 1.3 until @jamespicone can update it.
Source also available here

@JPLRepo Are you going to continue this?  Looks like @jamespicone hasn't been around since May, and while it's not my favorite, I've gotten a few requests about this, I refer them to your repo when I do.  Just wondering what's going on.  

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@JPLRepo Are you going to continue this?  Looks like @jamespicone hasn't been around since May, and while it's not my favorite, I've gotten a few requests about this, I refer them to your repo when I do.  Just wondering what's going on.  

Thanks

I dunno. I have very little time to maintain the list of mods I have already.
But - I gave up and wrote my own into one of my mods (TACLS), which still has a couple of issues, once I iron those out, I was intending to have it as a separate mod/download ore redistribute in my other mods. Haven't got that far yet.

• 3 months later...
On 10/25/2017 at 4:48 PM, JPLRepo said:

I dunno. I have very little time to maintain the list of mods I have already.
But - I gave up and wrote my own into one of my mods (TACLS), which still has a couple of issues, once I iron those out, I was intending to have it as a separate mod/download ore redistribute in my other mods. Haven't got that far yet.

Having just spent some hours wrestling with the background processing in IFI Life Support, I think that this would be good to revive.

This mod has code for ModuleGenerator, but doesn’t for ModuleResourceConvertor, it’s easy to add that since I figured it out for IFI.

I approach this with trepidation, but will hopefully not be overwhelmed.

of course, if @jamespicone comes back I’ll be very happy to pass it back to him.

I will have my new release out in a few days for anyone who is interested, and will get CKAN updated as well.

@JPLRepo  let me know if you have any issues, I’ll be forking your github repo for this.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.