[WIP] Socke's Parts - 1.875m Extension

Socke

This thread is for all my WIP stuff, for now all I'm making are parts.

Right now I'm working on some 1.875m parts, since I'm a huge fan of Orionkermin HGR, but some of his older parts aren't quite my taste. I also want to add some 1.875m sized parts and do it all in a style more similar to Ven's stock revamp.

Anyway, heres what I've got so far.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The tanks have the same capacities as the ones in the HGR pack. I've also added some adapter tanks for now.

Download:

pri0X3V.png

Plans for next update:

-SAS module

-2 nosecones

-flat adapters

-2 kerbal pod

-heatshield

After that I will concentrate on reworking the capsule I was already showing in this thread as well as engines.

If you have tips on how to improve my work or ideas for more parts that could be needed be sure to write it in the thread, keep in mind I'm only a beginner.

License CC-BY-SA

Edited by Socke

Socke, are will working on this style http://imgur.com/zKoweq4 . I really like this art style/color and it fits well with the stock parts

I didn't really change much from those models. Mostly just the color of the stripes and the top and bottom, which you can't see in that picture anyway. The blue stripes looked too colorful with the orange parts imo.

Heres the next two tanks finished.

wqrE3KH.png

I'd really like to just see tanks that still LOOK the same as the HGR tanks, but have the higher quality; like Ven does to stock parts.

Well you won't find those here :)

Edited by Socke

Added a downloadlink in the first post. :) For now the pack contains all parts visible here:

eOoK9BV.png

I finally got flagDecal to work.

Keep in mind that at this point it doesn't make much sense to use these parts without HGR.

Edited by Socke

So I've been back at the drawing board.

The next three parts are gonna be a 1.875m to 1.25m two or three man pod (I'm thinking about making two variants with the same exterior but different interior), a fitting 1.25m to 0.625m parachute and SAS combo (so you can use standard and junior docking ports with the capsule) and a 0.625m launch escape system.

That's really useful! Will you make crew cans of that size? I'd like to have my space stations with something smaller than a Hitchhiker. :)

I'm planning to do station parts later on. The parts I have planned right now are gonna take a while since I have no experience with IVAs or parachutes and I probably need to learn some more 3D modeling to be able to get all the features I want on the capsule.

Edited by Socke

Do you plan to make a fitting 1.875 nose cone as well?
+1 , and maybe one like this?

http://i.imgur.com/3k6zErt.jpg

Oh definitely. Nose cones aren't hard to make so I'll put them in the next version.

Sadly no new pics since I haven't really gotten to work on it over the weekend.

But I've finished drawing out the pod and the other parts at least.

I still need some text for the descriptions of the parts...

Edit: Finished the exterior mesh of the pod:

YacpV2r.png

Edited by Socke

Is that going to be a dragon? Looks way to small for that, if anything it should be a 3.125m part or something like that.

I actually realized that the shape is pretty similar to the Dragon while sending this into orbit. But this is going to be a 2/3 man pod as written here:

So I've been back at the drawing board.

The next three parts are gonna be a 1.875m to 1.25m two or three man pod (I'm thinking about making two variants with the same exterior but different interior), a fitting 1.25m to 0.625m parachute and SAS combo (so you can use standard and junior docking ports with the capsule) and a 0.625m launch escape system.

I took today to learn about how to get IVAs in the game, mostly to see how small the pod actually is in relation to Kerbals:

PwBpS63.png

It has more room than I thought. But that's good, since I plan to make a 3 man IVA too.

Is that going to be a dragon? Looks way to small for that, if anything it should be a 3.125m part or something like that.

A Dragon pod is actually slightly smaller than an Apollo pod. Generally, the Mk 1-2 command pod is assumed to be Apollo inspired (it has the same capacity and shape), so a Dragon in KSP should actually be just about 2.5 meters.

Soonâ„¢

BlHtvhR.png

Still need to work on the IVA model, make a seat prop, put more props in and obviously textures.

I'm also reworking the textures of the fueltanks to fit better with Ven's parts.

Edited by Socke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.