[WIP] Socke's Parts - 1.875m Extension

Socke

I want to marry stock-a-like mods, and I think I just found my bride. Anymore updates on this thing? Updates would be great! And if you're taking suggestions, I have something for you.

It's a kerbalized tie fighter (Star Wars, search tie fighter on google -_-) . It's wings are invincible orange solar panels, (That don't rotate) The capsule holds 1 kerbal, and the Capsule can also be replaced with a science drone, that still has a kerbal inside, but it will be flown by a drone. The engines are called dark matter engines, that in space, needs a dark matter intake! So it's using air intakes in space!

I know you must be tired or busy with updates on your mod, but I love my idea of this thing ,sadly I have no intelligence in modeling or coding. Thanks anyway for reading my idea.

• 2 months later...

Socke, you've got 1.25 and 2.5 m adapters (with flat adapters on the way), NecroBones mentioned cluster adapters, and I think Mk2 and Mk3 adapters might be good as well -- Mk2 will be handy for high-thrust spaceplanes (especially once 1.875 m jet and/or RAPIER engines get made), while a Mk3 triple adapter would be perfect for Space Shuttle replicas. A 2- or 3-person mini-Hitchhiker and a mini-lab (compare to the Manned Orbital Laboratory concept) might also hit the spot in the long run.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the 2-person capsule completed! I think it (and a full-ish set of 1.875 m parts) has a lot of potential for extended missions that require scientists and engineers but are very mass-restricted (e.g. rovers and science in the early phases of a space program, or round-trip planetary missions) -- it will carry two people to get the job done but with much less mass (and thus a smaller launch vehicle) than the equivalent 2.5 m system.

• 3 weeks later...
New version, with the decoupler fix, and i've add a bulkheadProfiles

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0hygFT4YYf7bTQ4Z1BuUWQ4Z28/view?usp=sharing

licence: CC-BY-SA

(It's Socke work, with some minor fix for ksp 1.0)

Speaking of bulkheadProfiles, Crzyrndm just fixed a bug in Filter Extensions so we can create new subcategories for it (icons and all). I should have a "Size 1.5" icon and category added to it before too long.

By the way, the adapter tanks should also have "size1" or "size2" in their bulkheadProfiles list (separated by commas), and if the parts can be surface-attached, they should also have "srf" in the list.

Speaking of bulkheadProfiles, Crzyrndm just fixed a bug in Filter Extensions so we can create new subcategories for it (icons and all). I should have a "Size 1.5" icon and category added to it before too long.

great!

By the way, the adapter tanks should also have "size1" or "size2" in their bulkheadProfiles list (separated by commas), and if the parts can be surface-attached, they should also have "srf" in the list.

It's right.

It's right.

Are you sure? I just downloaded it, and everything is just size1p5. (Except for the decoupler, which has no bulkheadProfiles at all.) The cylindrical fuel tanks (F12, 25, 50, 100) should also have the srf type as they can be surface-attached, the F-FL should also be size1, and the F-RX should also be size2.

I verified this 2 time before, and 2 time now.

Perhaps a bad link? You have dl the fork v1.2.1?

(I'm adding some more version number in my post)

Edit: mmm, too much ctrl-c ctrl-v on the zip name. Damn, I'm not able to push a simple release with 8 line edit ><.

Edited by Merill

I verified this 2 time before, and 2 time now.

Perhaps a bad link? You have dl the fork v1.2.1?

(I'm adding some more version number in my post)

Edit: mmm, too much ctrl-c ctrl-v on the zip name. Damn, I'm not able to push a simple release with 8 line edit ><.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the decoupler still doesn't have bulkheadProfiles set (version 1.2.1)... :rolleyes:

(I totally feel your pain -- I'm making pull requests to add bulkheadProfiles to all of RoverDude's USI mods...so many files...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.