Antares launch/failure discussion.

Jank

@tutrakan4e: No. He mentioned that all personnel who have data or video/photographs of the launch should be kept separate for use by the FAA and so on in the investigation. It could help in discovering what went wrong.

And @SpaxeXRay is right. It's sad how our culture/civilisation is so focused on the negative and sensationalistic things.

@tutrakan4e: No. He mentioned that all personnel who have data or video/photographs of the launch should be kept separate for use by the FAA and so on in the investigation. It could help in discovering what went wrong.

And @SpaxeXRay is right. It's sad how our culture/civilisation is so focused on the negative and sensationalistic things.

Ah, so I was helpful.

RIP something module, you were the first module I saw taking off and my first live explosion.

Let's rule out the facts:

it launched well, went clear of the tower, and then exploded midair with the engines on.

unlikely anything external influenced the thing.

Most likely an internal problem having something to do with the fuel.

It did seem to me to be an internal problem with the fuel feed. It seemed to make a short burst and then lost thrust. Wasn't long after that that it exploded.

My gues is a fuel feed problem. Or something went wrong in the production of the engines closed loop gas cycle.(it does use the Aerojet NK_33's right?)

[someone in the chat]

i wonder what they will eat now1

Well I know they wont be getting thier cake or whatever it was, saw the discussion with the 2 US crew on the ISS and a General, forget name, back in NASA control, mentioned about his treat sent up and was promised that all 6 would share it! ... well that aint happening now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.