Nuka Corp shuttle project ( and apparently other stuff :D )

Anariaq

IMO the texture needs more variation in it. Platelines, burn streaks, signs of having been used, etc. And the hex pattern is a bit too strong too. I don't have any similar spacecraft myself, so an aircraft will have to do to show what I mean:

next_generation_bomber__updated__by_helge129-d62alvb.jpg

*That thing is years old.

Well anariq, why does this shuttle have to have a conventional shuttle launch system? The profile of the shuttle lends itself to a much more simple system. Your scales are quickly getting out of control, and I fear that the shuttle would be hell to balance if an asymmetric system is used.

Was thinking on SSTO but find the buran/energia intriguing, and find it perfect to this shuttle, it dos not have fuel enough in it self to get it into LEO. Though if no cargo it should be able to do it.

Uterly freaking beautifull work and mimicing the work done at the moment with lifting bodies, a massive welldone (or atleast when its released). May I offer a suggestion, as you have detailed your work with shuttles and pods would it not be prudent to round out the Nuka Corp line of products with rocket systems and station parts?

Thanks! yes is thinking on making some rocket parts that is more smooth than vanilla parts. And start to make 4 meters wide space station parts. Something that this shuttle is made for.

IMO the texture needs more variation in it. Platelines, burn streaks, signs of having been used, etc. And the hex pattern is a bit too strong too. I don't have any similar spacecraft myself, so an aircraft will have to do to show what I mean:

*That thing is years old.

Is planning for the burn streaks on the shields, But It will have so uniform look. Like Buran/shuttle it will be really uniform with its ceramic tiles. BTW really like that model.

Still modelling the tank.

nq16WIjP

Anariaq

Thanks! yes is thinking on making some rocket parts that is more smooth than vanilla parts. And start to make 4 meters wide space station parts. Something that this shuttle is made for.

Just keep the humour in the project, as your a Dane, remember that KSP is what Lego Batman is to Arkham Assylum. Its the NASA bobblehead.

How many shuttle type space planes actually fly on top of a rocket? The only one I know of is the X-37. The 5 Orbiters and Buran all flew on the side of the thing. DreamChaser will fly on top of a rocket, but it has yet to.

Page 27 Second last post. :)

Yes have a future for that shuttle ;)

The ship look like the ones NASA is next going to use.

what I can understand NASA has no future shuttle planned. But think you are thinking of dreamchaser?

Dream Chaser? Not even close. More like an heinkel Ho 229 of Luftwaffe fame.

Rofl yup, it is one of my favorite airplane from WWII.

This is awesome. Although, could you make a version that is for use once you've effectively won the game that is sort of like the orbiter Deltaglider?

yes can make a cheat tanks that have more than enough to make it a SSTO.

L8Cbem8I

Anariaq

How many shuttle type space planes actually fly on top of a rocket? The only one I know of is the X-37. The 5 Orbiters and Buran all flew on the side of the thing. DreamChaser will fly on top of a rocket, but it has yet to.

...Also BOR-4 and 5 (which flew), Kliper, Hermes, DynaSoar (which never flew but were very advanced designs), and Hope-X or the Chinese CALT project (which are/were early concepts). Early concepts of the US Space Shuttle were also inline.

Actually, most small spaceplane designs use an inline launch architecture, because they use an existing booster and it is safer. Sidemount is more complex to handle and launch and requires a specially designed booster. It has also proven more prone to damaging the orbiter and doesn't cope well with abort situations.

Edited by Nibb31

If and when this mod is released, I won't be attaching the shuttle to a fuel tank or boosters or anything, inline, piggy-back or otherwise. I play sci-fi style, so I use infinite fuel. I'm gonna put some hugely powerful engines in it (I hope that the engines are mounted internally, that's what it looks like in the pics) and fly that thing off the runway by itself! :D

If and when this mod is released, I won't be attaching the shuttle to a fuel tank or boosters or anything, inline, piggy-back or otherwise. I play sci-fi style, so I use infinite fuel. I'm gonna put some hugely powerful engines in it (I hope that the engines are mounted internally, that's what it looks like in the pics) and fly that thing off the runway by itself! :D

The engines will be the 2 holes beside the cargo bay. Can make strong version of the engines.

wing018.jpg

Anariaq

That's cool, you can make the engines however you like, I can always just edit the config. :) In fact, I suggest making the engines 'balanced' for those who like that kind of thing.

Yes will make the balanced one. But think that to start I finish the shuttle it self and make the "cheat" version, while I finish the rest of the models.

Thats look cool.

Many thank!

And just to have something.

wing019.jpg

This is going to be fun.

Hope it will :D

BTW a little surprise, 6 hour work for a little thing I needed for my space station. An ATV.

ATV001.jpg

ATV002.jpg

EDIT: Finally got it to my spacestation.

ATV003.jpg

It is an ATV that currently only transport fuel. Maybe will make others later.

Download version 0.00001 :P

EDIT: forgot to say that installing it. Just extract it to the GameData folder.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/ncatv/

Anariaq

Edited by Anariaq