Do you like broccoli and other vegetables?

bartekkru99

2 hours ago, razark said:
2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

it wasn't one of the ones that's meant to mimic the texture and taste of beef.

Ah, so it was good as its own thing, not a replacement for a beef burger.

Spoiler

"Why?!"

ent-final.jpg?w=500

Spoiler

"No remorse! No regret!"
gnarled-twisted-ent-tree-statue-xl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I appreciate all the edible vegetable that are available to me, but it took me a lot of years to get there. I realize that many children were marked by the disgusting vegetables in cans that were served to us in schools dining halls.  As a child, my school's cafeteria disgusted me of spinach and broccoli. Because they were all coming from cans, they all tasted awful. My repulsion of spinach stopped during my teenage years, when I started to cook. Only point that annoys me with them: buy enough to hold in your two arms, and you will only have one handle left after cooking  :mad:

Yes to pretty much all vegetables, although I I'm not keen on aubergines. Red, green, yellow, orange stuff... doesn't matter much, I'll stuff em' in :)

That doesn't mean that I don't like meat though, although I often make vegetarian meals (about 40-50% of my dinners don't contain meat).

On 9/30/2019 at 2:54 PM, Geonovast said:

Just had my very first veggie burger.

It was good.  I shall have to have these more often.

let meat be meat and let veggies be veggies. anything else is overprocessed garbage, yes even if it tastes good. food scientists can and have made cardboard palatable. i cringe to think about what else can be made palatable.

Edited by Nuke

Veggie burgers can be quite good depending on how they are prepared, but I've never had one that tasted anything like actual beef. I like them sometimes as a change of pace, but never as a substitute for meat burgers. 

nah, they are to be butchered, florets separated from their stalks and thrown into a pan full of onions and dead cow parts and covered in an asian ginger sauce. thus is the nature of life. and dont forget the fungus too, it soaks up sauce, them mushrooms are not immune to the butchery. at least in my kitchen their suffering will be honored by being delicious. 

Edited by Nuke

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I like most vegetables (Including broccoli) except tomatoes (Fresh and with salt and pepper they are ok), spinach (It's bearable, but I don't really like it) and squash. 

I do like tomato soup and ketchup though.

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.