Ideas for less cluttered catalog

Couple of ideas I've given some thoughts.

- Integrated B9-stylish fuselages, where one part would have multiple setups, be it full of Liquid fuel, mix with LF and Oxidiser, or just structural. You would then be able to choose your preference and scale how much of fuel it would have. You wouldn't have Mk1 lf/Ox, Mk1 LF and Mk1 Structural separately. You would just have Mk1 Tank.

- Integrate TweakScale, or similar setup. You would have just one fuel tank with different lengths and then you choose the size. You wouldn't have 1,25, 2,5, 3,75 and 5 meter tanks separately. You'd have just one tank you'd choose the size.'

Then maybe some skins to choose from to match the tank to your ships style.

Your thoughts?

Want both of these.

Don't see how Tweakscale is against Lego-like construction - if you change part X to be size Y and Texture Z, isn't that the same as picking part A that is already Size Y and Texture Z? If you have parts that are identical in all but resource amounts, scale and texture, what's the harm in making them one selectable part that has those three values tweakable? If the end result is the same as if another part that those parameters pre-tweaked, what's the difference? Not seeing it. Select Jumbo-64, not cheating. Select FL-T800 Fuel Tank, change to 2.5m (that has the same resource amounts of J64) and change texture to be Jumbo-64 - cheating!

P-Parts is different as that allows a more precise scaling than stock sizes/lengths so I'm not so keen on that, but I can see the appeal and wouldn't complain (a lot) if it was included.

Like the idea in general. However, I find the B9/Firespitter way of switching parts/models a little clunky. It's fine, and only working with the tools available, but I'd prefer to see a menu, maybe like a sub-folder, for these kinds of parts. This makes it easier to see the various sub-parts ahead of time without needing add the part, flick through the options and then see if it's what you want.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.