save game naming..reloading a specific save.

If you mean using quicksaves in flight, the key would be to use modifier key + F5 and modifier key + F9, instead of just F5, and F9. This lets you name saves and pick and choose.

The modifier key is Alt in windows, and (I think) command in Mac. I have no idea what it is on Linux.

If you're on windows, be very careful not to accidentally press Alt + F4, this will close your game window.

You have those backwards. It's ALT+F5 to name the save, and ALT+F9 to load from the list.

Oh yeah. Indeed I did mess that one up. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

I fixed my typo so as to not confuse others.

Cheers,

~Claw

You can also press esc when you're back at the KSC and choose load and save. Before i knew about using alt I used to rename the saves in explorer - you can name them back to quicksave when you need them and hold f9 to reload them. Probably a lot more difficult to do but its another option all the same.

I've also heard of people creating a symbolic link to the save file and placing in the cloud such as google drive - that way if you accidentally overwrite a save you can recover it from backup.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.