Alien Ship Random Encounters

AHDB

The concept of modding in alien Ai has come up before, but I think this would actually be unnecessary. Would it be possible instead to implement scripts for random encounters with alien ships, similar to asteroids? I know nothing about modding KSP, but it seems like it would be fairly straightforward to simulate the presence of a hostile and/or friendly AI with random scripted encounters and different effects on your Kerbals and ships.

Say for example on your first successful Mun landing an alien ship is spawned in a low fly-by of your landing site, with an impossibly fast escape trajectory. Later, after a random number of landings or after 3 planets, whichever comes first, there is a second fly-by that drops off a small probe lander that impacts near your landing site, and carries a beacon/artifact that you can pick up using KAS. The artifact could have a variety of effects, such as playing an alien gibberish soundbite, being reclaimable for science or funds, or attracting hostile/friendly encounters, or all of the above.

Maybe hostile aliens would teleport and abduct your kerbals during EVA while on a fly-by or damage your ship if you got too close.

What do you think? Feasible? Worth the effort?

If not, do you have any good links or tutorials on modding KSP?

I'd love to be able to interact with these easter eggs though, give them a purpose. Maybe capturing an alien probe would net you a bit of antimatter for use with KSPI. Or an OP engine you could weld onto an existing ship.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.