Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Hello everyone,

I played KSP for quite some time now, and thought it'd be a good idea to join the forum to post and share some of my creations :)

Was introduced to KSP by my little brother, who bought it in the Steam early-access section.

Great game, and hopefully a great community :D

Hi! I'm a longtime lurker; having played very early alphas way back at the end of 2011 I moved on to play and manage a fan community for other sandbox games, where I inexplicably built nothing but ridiculously complex air and space craft.

I picked up KSP again at .24, made even more ridiculously complex aircraft for the past few months.

Now, I finally updated to .90 and guess what I'm making next?

That's right. More fat planes!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to everyone, I'm Dimiter from Bulgaria. I've been lurking for several months and finally decided to join. I've been playing for 10 months now and wait the release of 1.0 with anticipation.

Greetings mitko!

That is sort of how I was, lurking quite a while (two years in my case). But it certainly is fun on both ends.

Also salutations eddie404. What sort of animation do you do? I have dabbled a bit in it (with Blender).

Hello, I call myself "boredAnswerGuy". It's my name from reddit where I have been answering spaceflight questions. I find that the more I learn about real-life spaceflight, the better KSP becomes, and the better I can play it. I can't think of any other game like that.

I signed up for the forum because the developers clearly take community feedback into consideration, and I wanted to participate in the discussion. Squad has never let players dictate how the game should be made, but when newly proposed features were met with skepticism, the developers listened to the KSP community, made some small adjustments, and now those controversial proposals have become great new features.

The game has progressed, version by version, into something wonderful, and I can't give Harvester and his team enough credit. I'm excited to see what comes next for Kerbal Space Program.

Doctor Blood here. I found KSP through Winchell Chung's Atomic Rockets, an excellent primer of what it actually takes to build a spacecraft. I was surprised how KSP changed my understanding of orbital mechanics - it has given my an intuitive grasp of how to maneuver in space, and it is good fun besides. My thanks to the KSP team and the modders who have fleshed out the game.

Before I get to high school, Kerbal was awesome game for me, including good physical engine. But I had to think about everything as I learned from videos. Now that I am on high school everything makes sense and I found that it even helps me to play it in better way!

Anyway, I have forum related question. How to make imgur album being shown here as album? You probably know what am I talking about.

How to make imgur album being shown here as album? You probably know what am I talking about.

Copy the link location from the 'Publish to Imgur' link which Imgur provides. You want the alpha string at the end of the link (the part after the last '/'). Then use these tags [imgur][/imgur] to enclose the string and it should work like a charm.

Hope this helps.

Happy landings!

Copy the link location from the 'Publish to Imgur' link which Imgur provides. You want the alpha string at the end of the link (the part after the last '/'). Then use these tags http://imgur.com/a/ to enclose the string and it should work like a charm.

Hope this helps.

Happy landings!

It actually only gives me that string blue&underlined and when i click it it actually leads to http://THATALPHASTRING. Your instructions aren't clear enough for me :(

It actually only gives me that string blue&underlined and when i click it it actually leads to http://THATALPHASTRING. Your instructions aren't clear enough for me :(

Sorry, I didn't check how that displayed. You want two sets of square braces [] with the word 'IMGUR' in the first set and '/IMGUR' in the second set and the alpha string in between. That should work for you.

Forgive me, I'm here from the week and I forgot to introduce myself. So then... I'm Katia. I know about KSP from my boyfriend TeddyDD. At the beginning I didn't like this game but it changed one day, when I draw the gift Kerbal for him. I thought- Gosh they are so great characters! And I started drawing them a lot. From some time I try to play KSP. Now it's little difficult for me, I don't know too much about rockets, flying and space. But I'll learn it I'm sure. Maybe one day I'll be good at flying as I drawing. I joined here becouse of Valentina contest but I stay to upload my KSP fan arts.

I mostly draw my Kerbal character Teddy and his best friend Nikko. Nikko isn't Kerbal. She is cosmic creature basted on canines, I called Kernine. She comes from Laythe. I believe on this moon could be life, because why not. Nikko is good Kerbals friend. She helping them in missions, with the help of her long wiskers examine the surface of the planet, also carries Kerbals on her back when for example their vehicles are crashed or just too slow.

Yes I know my vision could sounds little silly, but it's only my imagination. So then why not.

I hope you guys not devour me here, if I tell something incompatible with the game. As I said before - I still learning.

So then have nice day all!

Also have a picture with Nikko and Teddy, you also can see them in Fan works, where I also uploaded them ^^

UA6cMRG.jpg

My English also isn't so good so I'm sorry.

Sorry, I didn't check how that displayed. You want two sets of square braces [] with the word 'IMGUR' in the first set and '/IMGUR' in the second set and the alpha string in between. That should work for you.

No problem, it works now so I am happy for that!

Kyasarinn

Most people (if they are not physicist and don't make real-life rockets) are first bad at KSP. But once you get some experience, you find yourself doing once impossible things. It also helps you understand physics very much (just ignore atmospheric drag, it is really simplified in KSP). And even if you never get experience from KSP, your art will be still awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I love this game, but the interface is sub-optimal. I purchased Profiler to play with my wireless Xbox 360 controller and now ALMOST everything works great. I even have it so the pitch up/down, yaw left/right for EVA works with one of the joysticks when I have it in EVA mode. The thing I find impossible is that I can't figure out how to turn off the camera-gravity well snap 'feature'. I just want the Kerbal in EVA mode to go in the direction I want him to go without the program 'helping' me. I've lost more Kerbals this way. When I hit 'translate forward' I want him to go forward according to his pov, not spinning off into the abyss, regardless of what direction the camera is facing or what the program decides is a fun direction to send him off in. In other words, I want to control him just like he was a little spaceship, just like the real ones do. I have not been able to find a command, nor a line in the .cfg file to turn off this 'feature'. Please help.

Edited by Intrepidman10

Hi Intrepidman10 and welcome to the forums!

I know what you mean with the EVA interface. It always struck me as very weird that it works to differently than the vehicle controls.

I don't have an answer to your question, but if you post a thread in the Gameplay Questions and Tutorials section, I'm sure you'll get an answer fairly quickly.

Happy landings!