Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Hey, how's it going?

I'm joining for a little help on my calculations. I'm a chemical engineer by trade, so I immediately turned this into Spreadsheets: The Game! I found out that I could size a rocket at work in Excel and it looks just like work.

I have one calculation tool that I'm working on for launch optimization, and need a little help with it. How do I post an attachment? I tried to jump right over to The Science Labs, but couldn't get something up over there. That's the last part of a mission planning suite I'm working on. Once it's polished up a bit I'm more than happy to share it with anyone.

Welcome to the forums!

The launch optimization tool sounds very interesting. You should be aware that the changes in the aerodynamic model which are coming with the release of 1.0 will deeply affect the optimal launch trajectory. We are all going to have to learn to launch all over again.

I don't think attachments are allowed. You probably have to use dropbox or something to share your files.

Happy landings!

I just need to know what the new drag model is and I can convert my tool. That part shouldn't be too hard at all.

We won't know the details until 1.0 drops. I'm still quite interested in the spreadsheet you are developing.

Once you've posted three times, I believe you will have permission to start threads (and put up an avatar, if you want).

Happy landings!

• 2 weeks later...
hello! im new to the fourms so can sombody teach my the ropes

Welcome dibella55! I'm sure you will enjoy the forums.

As far as the ropes go, you should be aware of the Forum FAQ, the Forum Rules, and the Good Conduct Guide.

If you are interested in learning various aspects of gameplay, be sure to take a look at the Wiki which has a vast wealth of information. You should also take a look at the Gameplay Questions (where you can go to ask a specific question if you don't see it already answered) as well as the Tutorials subsection and, specifically, the Drawing Board which is a compendium of useful tutorials and information.

Hope this helps.

Happy landings!

I everyone I just subscribe to the forum end brought the game last week! Love it so far end kinda excited to discover the universe. I got alot to catch up so please be patient if i'm asking questions that may seems obvious. Finally i'm a french canadian so forget me for all the grammar error i'm doing.

I everyone I just subscribe to the forum end brought the game last week! Love it so far end kinda excited to discover the universe. I got alot to catch up so please be patient if i'm asking questions that may seems obvious. Finally i'm a french canadian so forget me for all the grammar error i'm doing.

No such thing as obvious/stupid questions! And if they are, we'll try to not make to much fun of it ;)

Also, there is a french-only forum just for you! http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/62-French Amusez-Vous!

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around since I bought KSP about one year ago. However, with the 1.0 release, I've thought it was about time to come to public and praise Squad, the modders for making such awesome game! The community also deserves a special thanks for making such good tutorials, videos and answering questions. Thank you all and kind regards from Brazil!

Greetings Kerblings! Hunting.Targ signing on.

I have been following this project since I discovered it quite by accident last fall while doing some technical research. I would like to say that while I don't have a machine (yet) quite worthy of running this nifty and enthralling project, I have quite enjoyed the story so far. I very much like Scott Manley's videos (is he on the forum?!) and Nassault's productions as well (now about that 2.2b...) . For now I'm grabbing .90 on the last possible day and planning to get a better 'puter. It's exciting to be aboard. Here's to many more versions. And mods. And mod revisions. And threads. And...

Greetings Kerblings! Hunting.Targ signing on.

I have been following this project since I discovered it quite by accident last fall while doing some technical research. I would like to say that while I don't have a machine (yet) quite worthy of running this nifty and enthralling project, I have quite enjoyed the story so far. I very much like Scott Manley's videos (is he on the forum?!) and Nassault's productions as well (now about that 2.2b...) . For now I'm grabbing .90 on the last possible day and planning to get a better 'puter. It's exciting to be aboard. Here's to many more versions. And mods. And mod revisions. And threads. And...

Sure, get a better 'puter, KSP deserves to be played with good hardware to enjoy it fully.

But (perhaps Squad hasn't stressed this enough), actually version 1.0 is ( a lot!) better than 0.90 about memory requirements. So, consider to upgrade to KSP 1.0 soon, even before you have a new machine.

Sure, get a better 'puter, KSP deserves to be played with good hardware to enjoy it fully.

But (perhaps Squad hasn't stressed this enough), actually version 1.0 is ( a lot!) better than 0.90 about memory requirements. So, consider to upgrade to KSP 1.0 soon, even before you have a new machine.

Today, I hope. You see, I Do want the free upgrades, IdoIdoIdoIdoIdo. Today I'll get .90 if ever they finish the server migration. Not the greatest timing.

I also would like the opportunity to play with mods on the off-chance that I like a mod and it gets broken by 1.0 and not updated (not likely, but plausible). I freely confess that I haven't done any hard coding in many many moons - but I would totally be willing if the occasion presents itself. THX very much for the advice. [*goes back to machinating over new machine]

¡Hola!

F.I.B. here. Just bought in, and I'm already having a tonne of fun.

Add this game into Spore and you'd have the best game ever.

Any advice (or access to DLC -- esp player configs) would be greatly appreciated. I've only lost 1 pilot in 27 launches so far (all today). Haven't achieved a stable orbit yet (except with the EVA of the one aforementioned lost pilot -- oops).

Great to be here. :-)

¡Hola! :D

KSP is amazing by any standards, and I have done a lot so far. Some good advice? Well, don't be afraid to build huge rockets; I know I was at your time. The Kerbodyne tanks and engines, if you have them, are amazing in every way possible. Also, in 1.0 a new "Engineer's Report" button was added to the VAB and SPH in the bottom right-hand corner. Trust me, this thing works wonders, and after fixing all the problems on your craft you will fly safe.

Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy it here!