Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Just for the record:

My PC is an old one scrapped from garbage and was using Linux mint x64 with this "launch settings" in steam: [LC_ALL=C ./KSP.x86_64 LD_PRELOAD="libpthread.so.0 libGL.so.1" __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 %command%_64] getting around 10-12 fps in space gameplay with yellow clock (and sane mouse camera), don't ask 4 manual launches, mechjeb HAS to do the job during around 1hr:qqteyRH.jpg

BUT, I'm using W10x86 now (same machine [intel core 2 duo 6400 @ 2.12 Ghz, 4GB RAM DDR2 533 & Nvidia GT730 2GB VRAM PCIe 8x]) and I need a "magic line" to squeeze my computer like before. Anyone can help?

Thanks and also... welcome to DaMaster_Architect and spaceagefox!!!!

Enjoy the game :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hello! I am Tranquil & I am from Germany. I am not sure if this is the right place, but I have a question: Docking and undocking in orbit causes sometimes one of the Clamp-O-Trons to stop function, so I can't dock again. Has someone expierenced this too? Often it appears when I want to adjust a new part to my space station.

Hello Tranquil, and welcome to the forum!

If you are continuing to have issues, start a thread in the [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/15-Gameplay-Questions-and-Tutorials"]Gameplay Questions[/URL] section.

Happy landings!

[quote name='Vanamonde']Hi Trangquil. Welcome to the forum. That may be a bug, or it may be that you are not backing off the required 10m distance necessary to reset the docking ports before docking again. Is that possibly the issue?[/QUOTE]
Hi there! I suppose this might be the problem, didn't know about the 10m .... going to check it this afternoon! Thanks a lot!
KSP is absolutely fun!

[quote name='Spaceman510']Quick little question!
I'm setting up my signature, and was wondering what a proper and polite image size is?
Put simply, what's too big and what's recommended?[/QUOTE]
If it can fit without going off the edge of the sig, it won't cause too much lag. Same with GIFs, but very high quality ones might be a problem.

[quote name='Mad Rocket Scientist']If it can fit without going off the edge of the sig, it won't cause too much lag. Same with GIFs, but very high quality ones might be a problem.[/QUOTE]

So it goes off the edge if it's too big? Makes sense, was worried about the images being as obnoxiously huge as they seemed in the preview. Thanks!

[quote name='Spaceman510']So it goes off the edge if it's too big? Makes sense, was worried about the images being as obnoxiously huge as they seemed in the preview. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Or far below the edge of the signature, since it will go on to a new line when you're too far off the right edge. You're welcome!

Hey Everyone! got this game 4 days ago and I can't stop playing, so i figured i'd check out the forums and make an account. Super glad i did! not only does the community seem awesome, and the developers seem awesome and super active! I'm extremely excited about how positive my kerbal experience is going so far, and just wanted to share, :wink:

So far I've made:
-Some nice and easy to control Inner and Outer Atmosphere Rockets
-3 Rockets capable of orbit and landing, One Science Orientated, One For Solo, and one for Group missions.
-2 low altitude jets, super easy to fly, one for Solo and one for Group activity

In career I'm at the point where i gotta save kerbils from orbit which seems super intense, but the trial and error with this has been hilarious, I did the docking tutorial, but i don't know if the kerbils I gotta save have a ship in orbit, or there just stranded haha. So i guess i'm asking for tips on docking and saving kerbils, and suggestions on what to do next! i was thinken working on getting a satellite up, and maybe starting a space station, but should i have other goals?

[quote name='Gerky']Hey Everyone! got this game 4 days ago and I can't stop playing, so i figured i'd check out the forums and make an account. Super glad i did! not only does the community seem awesome, and the developers seem awesome and super active! I'm extremely excited about how positive my kerbal experience is going so far, and just wanted to share, :wink:

So far I've made:
-Some nice and easy to control Inner and Outer Atmosphere Rockets
-3 Rockets capable of orbit and landing, One Science Orientated, One For Solo, and one for Group missions.
-2 low altitude jets, super easy to fly, one for Solo and one for Group activity

In career I'm at the point where i gotta save kerbils from orbit which seems super intense, but the trial and error with this has been hilarious, I did the docking tutorial, but i don't know if the kerbils I gotta save have a ship in orbit, or there just stranded haha. So i guess i'm asking for tips on docking and saving kerbils, and suggestions on what to do next! i was thinken working on getting a satellite up, and maybe starting a space station, but should i have other goals?[/QUOTE]

Hello Gerky, and welcome to the forum!

As far as rescue missions go, you don't need to dock. The stranded kerbal will be in some kind of pod and when you get the rescue ship close (<500 m) and zero your relative velocity, you change to the stranded kerbal's vessel by pressing ] and then EVA the kerbal and use the jetpack to fly the kerbal over to the rescue ship.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance, head over to the [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/15-Gameplay-Questions-and-Tutorials"]Gameplay Questions and Tutorials[/URL] section for more help.

Happy landings!

[quote name='Starhawk']Hello Gerky, and welcome to the forum!

As far as rescue missions go, you don't need to dock. The stranded kerbal will be in some kind of pod and when you get the rescue ship close (<500 m) and zero your relative velocity, you change to the stranded kerbal's vessel by pressing ] and then EVA the kerbal and use the jetpack to fly the kerbal over to the rescue ship.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance, head over to the [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/15-Gameplay-Questions-and-Tutorials"]Gameplay Questions and Tutorials[/URL] section for more help.

Happy landings![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!

Howdy, everyone!!  I found this place while searching for anything....and I mean anything related to space travel.  I'm a nut when it comes to space stuff.  I love seeing what's outside of our little blue ball we call Earth every night.  It's just amazing and breathtaking.  

I appreciate ya'll letting me join!

Tony Trout