Hello and Welcome!

Moach

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Man, if that ruins your day... :confused:

Seriously, it's not that hard and there are a lot of online image hosting services that are free and have a lot of storage space. Here's a partial list:

• DropBox
  • Microsoft OneDrive
  • Imgur
  • Photobucket
  • Pintrest
  • Facebook

All you have to do is upload the image from your screenshot folder. If you are using Windows 7 or later, your screen shots can be found at one of these locations:

FOR STEAM USERS:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\119161351\760\remote\220200\screenshots

FOR NON-STEAM USERS OR THOSE STEAM USERS WHO USE <F1> TO CAPTURE SCREEN SHOTS INSIDE KSP:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Screenshots (Steam)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Program Files\Kerbal Space Program\Screenshots (or whatever your default program folder is.

Personally, I use Imgur because at one time we could embed albums. About the easiest one to use is DropBox. It is free and comes with quite a lot of space. Follow the download instructions and set up an account. Once it is set up, all you do is use the local copy with Windows File Manager. Create a folder inside it for your images, then copy (or move) the screen shots from their original folder and paste them into Dropbox. It will automatically upload your images. Give it about ten minutes for processing...

Click the desk tray icon and select "Open Website" from the menu. It will open your on-line DropBox in your default web browser. Simply find the image you want to share, then click the share link and select "FILE URL" which will show you the entire URL for the image. Copy and paste it directly into the forum post you're working on.

I hope it helps!

It will thanks, it only ruins my day because I have to remember so many passwords and yeah I do know what truly ruins your day. I was emphasising quite a lot. Anyway I will look into it. Thanks.

@Orion Kerman      Use RoboForm. I'm on mobile, so many of the forum functions do not work. You'll need to visit CNET.com or RoboForm.com. both will take you to the free version which will store up to 10 passwords for online.

I upgraded to the full version three years ago and have about 200 stored there.

23 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@Orion Kerman      Use RoboForm. I'm on mobile, so many of the forum functions do not work. You'll need to visit CNET.com or RoboForm.com. both will take you to the free version which will store up to 10 passwords for online.

I upgraded to the full version three years ago and have about 200 stored there.

Thats a lot, will be useful!!! Sorry for wasting time.

6 minutes ago, Orion Kerman said:

Thats a lot, will be useful!!! Sorry for wasting time.

Hey, @Orion Kerman, don't worry about it. One of the things in life that brings me joy is being able to help others. All I ask is that you continue to pass on the kindness and goodwill... even in the world outside the forum!

19 minutes ago, InterStellarExplorerKid983 said:

Hello

I first found this game on youtube (like most games I play) and ever since then I have never gotten off and played 1000+ hours on it and now I just join the community and now I hope to join you guys in discussion, give you ideas, and help you.

Thank You

I think it's safe to say that most regular users here (myself included) have around 1000+ hours of gameplay and play mostly only KSP :wink: 

Welcome to the forums!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I finally got the game last week and I love it. But, have done some training and still confused by getting into orbit. Are there any tips for beginners in career mode, I am addicted to this wonderful game. The simpler the better for me. Thank you.

Greetings @Whoops! - welcome to KSP and the forums.

Some tips for your first orbit:
Strip off everything you don't need to actually make orbit and return to the surface.  Remove monoprop from the capsule.  
Make sure you have upgraded the tracking station and mission control to level 2 if you want to use manoeuvre nodes.  
Upgrading the astronaut complex will give your kerbal the ability to exit the capsule while orbiting and will give you observation science that can be done in each biome.
I usually build a 2 stage rocket for my first orbit with a "swivel" as my first stage and a "terrier" as my second.
I always use a heat shield when i fly but if I'm just orbiting Kerbin I will remove the "Ablator" to save weight.  It will still get you home.

Early career is about mostly about farming science (and to a lesser extent, kash).  Experiments generally get more science the further from kerbin you get. Even before you get to space there are 3 levels you can perform experiments at: Landed, Flying (below 18,300m) and high atmosphere (between 18,300m and 70,000m).

Thank you. The career mode experiments require knowledge of the different areas of kerbin. I've managed a few. Whatever I try the pilot doesn't get any xp. I have managed to get into orbit, about 115,000, but says it's sub orbital and as it's not circular doesn't count. 

37 minutes ago, Whoops! said:

Thank you.

Don't worry, you will get it.  It took me quite a while to make my first orbit.

Sub orbital means your periapsis is below 70,000m.  Orbit is when both your periapsis and apoapsis are above 70,000m.

Are you performing a gravity turn?  Basically the easiest way to make orbit is to turn slightly east (the d key) when you get to about 40ms.  Depending on the thrust to weight of your rocket you want to start following the prograde marker :prograde: while in map mode (I usually start following prograde between 7,000 to 10,000m but this depends on the actual rocket) until you get an apoapsis above 70,000m.  You cut your engines and "coast" until 45 seconds before apoapsis (you can right click the Ap in map view and it will project time and altitude without having to hove your cursor over it) and then burn prograde until your periapsis (on the other side of kerbin) appears and gets to 70,000m.  You will then be in orbit.

If you run out of propellant before orbit you can revert to the launchpad and try different flight profiles to see if you can get better results by just changing your flight path and if that fails revert to the VAB and add some moar boosters.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! 

My brother got KSP about a year ago, I saw him playing it and I was like, "Damn, I want to try this". So I got it, and now I have found the forums. Hopefully I can share my many tales of (failed) attempts at getting to the Mün. I look forward to learning new things, and talking with the community.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sgt Doomball said:

How does the rank system work and what is it for?

Assuming you're talking about crew ranks...

For pilots: Higher ranked pilots can automatically hold attitude in more directions. I believe it goes something like:

Rank 0: Attitude hold

Rank 1: Prograde/Retrograde hold

Rank 2: Radial in/Radial out, Normal/antinormal hold

Rank 3: Maneuver hold, target prograde/retrograde hold

For scientists: Higher ranked scientists get more science out of experiments and do research in a lab faster.

For engineers: Higher ranked engineers can fix more parts and make mining/refining go faster.

I believe the wiki has a comprehensive list of everything ranking up does if you want more details.