Hello and Welcome!

Moach

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, GillyMonster said:

I've made a couple of posts within the last couple weeks, recently a third.  The first two still need to be approved by moderators, how long does that usually take or did I forget to do something?

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I've checked, and those two posts both appear to have been approved - they aren't on the approval queue and navigating to them shows them as being visible to everybody. I also checked on your profile, and it appears they are still visible there.

I am not sure why you are seeing them as not approved. Maybe you need to refresh your browser cache? (F5 on most browsers, Your Mileage May Vary.)

Let me know if things are still wonky.

Have fun!

• 1 month later...

Hi! I am new here and loved the game so far.

Does anyone have any ideas for a good starter rocket in science mode?

I have this stuff (according to the tech tree) unlocked most recently:

Basic Science

Survivability 

Stability

General Rocketry

Any ideas? (maybe what i should get next?)

40 minutes ago, Conric005 said:

Hi! I am new here and loved the game so far.

Does anyone have any ideas for a good starter rocket in science mode?

I have this stuff (according to the tech tree) unlocked most recently:

Basic Science

Survivability 

Stability

General Rocketry

Any ideas? (maybe what i should get next?)

With that set, I think you should be able to actually safety get a Kerbal into orbit and back.

I always focus on the nodes that give you more science equipment and solar power generation first.  You can't get very far without batteries and panels!

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Long time lurker here! I'm here to try to get some pointers / help on how to set up my HOTAS (CH pro throttle and fighterstick)

And also gladly taking tips on gameplay mods to try out!

For now though I'm only saying hi and hey. Glad to be a part of the community!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I bought KSP two days ago and I'm already hooked:)  I'm really enjoying the game with the exception of the contract system on career mode. 

I find myself increasingly frustrated as I seem to finish contracts judging by the green ticks on the contract in the flight screen but  when I recover the craft the contract is incomplete.  Can anyone give me any pointers please?

Welcome to the forums Cardinal. :)

8 minutes ago, CardinalBiggles57 said:

I find myself increasingly frustrated as I seem to finish contracts judging by the green ticks on the contract in the flight screen but  when I recover the craft the contract is incomplete.  Can anyone give me any pointers please?

I think I see what's going on. The green ticks on the contract just check that all the various conditions for completion are being met. For some contracts, that's all you need. For others, the contract wants you to do something once all the conditions are met.

For example, some of the part test contracts say "Haul item XYZ". In this case, you just have to have the appropriate part on your ship, and once all the requirements are checked off, the contract automatically completes. Other contracts, however, say "Test item XYZ". For those contracts, you have to first meet all the requirements (the green check marks) and then test the item. If the item can be staged, then you must use the stage command (space bar) to test the part. For items that cannot be staged (like landing gear), you'll need to right click on the part and press the "Test part" button in the pop up menu. This will complete the contract.

And just FYI, for engines, you can still stage them even if they're already in use. For example, if you have a contract that wants you to test an engine at, say, 6,000 meters altitude, but you want to use that engine right off the launchpad/runway, you can still make that work. Once you're in the air, you can rearrange the staging list so that that engine is on the next stage. Then you can stage it with the spacebar and complete the contract, even if it's already running. 

My guess is that the contracts you're having trouble with are part test contracts. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings and welcome to the forum, @Howdidigethere.

While I cant help you with console commands for docking, getting encounters with the various planets and moons in the game (efficiently using a Hoffman maneuver) is achieved by using a transfer window.  Usually I will burn for a rough encounter (stop as soon as I get an intercept) and correct my trajectory halfway through transit so that I fly close to the planet/moon and maximize the oberth effect when making orbit.

In short you need to burn for a planet when it is at a particular phase angle from Kerbin.  This website explains the concept and provides a calculator:
http://ksp.olex.biz/

2 minutes ago, Howdidigethere said:

Although this may seem kind off odd for me to ask,but can I ask how to rank up? Is it to do with time on the forums,content count or some other ranking system?:P

It's by post count. I can't remember how many posts correspond to what ranks, though. Of course, you can also set your own custom rank, as many people do, through your profile.

Hello everyone! What would be the appropriate sub forum to share your first milestones or interesting flights in Kerbal?

i am currently in my first flight to The Mun and pretty excited about it. 

Edited by Emperoreddy

Hey all... been lurking about since March/April 2013. I'm sure I had previous posts before now, but I've been preoccupied with a serious illness and the ongoing resultant joys of Chemotherapy for some time - as a result I  haven't logged in for quite a few years...

Anyways,

Up and beyond!!!

Edited by emdebee
Additional info