Hello and Welcome!

Moach

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

There's a "Messages" button at the top of my screen, there's nothing in it except a "Compose New" button.

Well, there should be something in there now. :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cookiemaster715 said:

Hello all, I just need some help with my planes... They take off fine but then they flip over or just randomly fall a part or explade. What is happening?!?!?

Well, what do they look like? Pics? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Newbie here. This may be a dumb question or it may be common knowledge, but I'd very much like to do an Apollo-style late 1960s lunar landing flight. Is there a mod for the game that would convert Mun into actual Moon,  where I could use moon maps and lunar co-ordinate systems ? I'd really like to try to navigate to land at some of the original lunar landing sites e.g. Apollo 12  (-3.0138 deg N and  -23.4193 deg E) ? Also what about converting Kerbin to Earth so you can take off from known terrestrial launch sites ?

Many thanks :) 

3 minutes ago, eleanor_arroway said:

Hi there,

Newbie here. This may be a dumb question or it may be common knowledge, but I'd very much like to do an Apollo-style late 1960s lunar landing flight. Is there a mod for the game that would convert Mun into actual Moon,  where I could use moon maps and lunar co-ordinate systems ? I'd really like to try to navigate to land at some of the original lunar landing sites e.g. Apollo 12  (-3.0138 deg N and  -23.4193 deg E) ? Also what about converting Kerbin to Earth so you can take off from known terrestrial launch sites ?

Many thanks :)

Hi Eleanor, Welcome to the forum.

The mod that you are looking for is the Real Solar System, but it hasn't been updated for 1.4 yet, so you might have to wait before is compatible.

It makes the game much harder though, so you might want to use this time to practice in the smaller kerbin system, and then add all the realism mods.

Hello guys!

I’m new here, but not to ksp. I’ve sent manned missions to both moons of Kerbin. I also have probes on, and around, everything in the inner system.

I play with OPM, which is cool. My Urlum, Neidon and Plock probes are on their way.

I’m bad at landing spaceplanes. Still learning.

7 hours ago, Ho Lam Kerman said:

I’m bad at landing spaceplanes.

Mine fail far before that - during reentry. "Sudden loss of control" is on a lot of my post-flight reports.

Anyways: Welcome!

9 hours ago, Delay said:

Mine fail far before that - during reentry. "Sudden loss of control" is on a lot of my post-flight reports.

pshh

Mine fail before they take off

On 5/1/2018 at 8:16 PM, Delay said:

None of my "space"planes have ever left the atmosphere.

I want to test them in the atmosphere, close to home, before I take them farther out.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:52 PM, DeltaDizzy said:

pshh

Mine fail before they take off

P-shaw! Mine don't even exist! You can't do something right if it dosen't exist! And the ones I built exploded on takeoff, so I deleted the save in disgust! 

:P

Edited by Kernel Kraken

21 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

P-shaw! Mine don't even exist! You can't do something right if it dosen't exist! And the ones I built exploded on takeoff, so I deleted the save in disgust! 

:P

I don't know how, but my first spaceplane was rock-steady on takeoff, ascent and even the return to KSC.

I blatently ripped off one of @Matt Lowne's designs, OK? DON'T TELL ANYONE!!!

And welcome to the forums, everyone!!! I hope you stick around!!!!