Hello and Welcome!

Moach

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

hello everyone I have an issue with my display name.
and i can't modify it.

someone can help me?

You can't change your own, but you can ask us to change it here. 

Choose wisely, though, since each person gets only one name change. 

And welcome to the forum. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

First: I'm sorry for my bad english but since school i did'nt use it often. And it was about 15-20 years in past... I better understand than get right articulated and my grammar is for sure the most awful...

I'm playing KSP now for several weaks and meanwhile really get totally addicted to this wonderfull game! :)

And the Mods you can get from this fabulos Community are so exciting! I startet to add clouds and now i have a really big and wunderfull install of an OuterPlanet-System. A big "THANK YOU!" again to all the modder/ programmer who takes so much efford and work in thousand little things which make the game even better! I can only guess how much time you invest to get something to work.

At next I play with the thought of an step further and install an RSS one. But, I think because i byed it at this state, the earliest version I can download is 1.4.3 for wich RSS is not ready now. So I have to wait for an update. I hope it will come soon, but i think the Guys from RSS are waiting the 1.4.4 update of KSP, are'nt they?

Have a great time in kerbol-system (or in KSP-RSS) !

Sincerly

Interstate

7 hours ago, Interstate said:

Hello there!

First: I'm sorry for my bad english but since school i did'nt use it often. And it was about 15-20 years in past... I better understand than get right articulated and my grammar is for sure the most awful...

I'm playing KSP now for several weaks and meanwhile really get totally addicted to this wonderfull game! :)

And the Mods you can get from this fabulos Community are so exciting! I startet to add clouds and now i have a really big and wunderfull install of an OuterPlanet-System. A big "THANK YOU!" again to all the modder/ programmer who takes so much efford and work in thousand little things which make the game even better! I can only guess how much time you invest to get something to work.

At next I play with the thought of an step further and install an RSS one. But, I think because i byed it at this state, the earliest version I can download is 1.4.3 for wich RSS is not ready now. So I have to wait for an update. I hope it will come soon, but i think the Guys from RSS are waiting the 1.4.4 update of KSP, are'nt they?

Sincerly

Interstate

Welcome to the forum!:)

On 8/4/2018 at 7:08 AM, Interstate said:

Hello there!

Sincerly

Interstate

To be completely honest, your grammar is better than most English speakers. The only problem is you need to put the ' between the n and the t, like Aren't.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a big question: How do I sort posts by when they were actually last updated (by whoever made the post). I am constantly going to the Add-Ons page and trying to see which mods were last updated based off of changes to the forum post, but sorting by last updated just shows the last comment.

3 minutes ago, IMLL1 said:

I have a big question: How do I sort posts by when they were actually last updated (by whoever made the post). I am constantly going to the Add-Ons page and trying to see which mods were last updated based off of changes to the forum post, but sorting by last updated just shows the last comment.

Unfortunately, you just need to keep checking the first post in the threads. 

Thanks for your warm welcomes :)

And thanks for the tip about the '-position. I'm sure I often forgot it completely :D

The last few weeks I spend a lot of time to get the RSS/RO to work. I went back to an 1.2.2 installation to have also the RP-0 career mode. Because I thought "of sure I get overwelmed about parts and realfuels- and remotetech-stuff" and in stock it helped me to begin actually with career-mode helped me to decide which engine I should take with only a few parts available at start. :confused:

But, I can tell you: when you're new to ksp, the mods, this forum and fileshare like github and spacedock it is really, really hard to get all the right versions and mods who work together. :confused:  I think I read hundreds of sites of threadposts and install guides. What was really helpful, and still is, where the videos and tutorials on youtube from NathanKell (who is actual one of the people who created some of these mods, when I understand right? So double thanks to you), Scott Manley and RaizSpace! Special the how to install RSS/RO/RP-0 tutorials really helped a lot to get it to work. Even when it was for 1.1.3 - I think. Also the spreadsheet I found in one of the tutorials, I think it was from RaizSpace, helped to get all together. 

I wish somewhere in here be a thread where all working links together are in. Sorted by which I want to install. :)) It's a dream, I know. But maybe I will take a little time and write down together what I get. But sometimes I got the problem not to know if it is a bug or it is right from RO or RT or some parts. For example: is it right I can adjust attitude via MJ-ASS even without connection?  And sometimes I get trouble with mods like MJ. It worked dozens of times and suddenly MJ ignore the fact that the manoeuvre is 1 hour away and fires straight up when reaching right attitude?!? WTH! Next burn it worked fine again. :huh:

So, but I enjoy my real solar system and it really looks like beauty! But it brings my pc to it's "final frontier"

Thanks again to the community!

And if you have an passable system and think of playing with RSS - just do it! It's harder but even much more visual impact and mind blowing to fly over the "own" earth!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fellow Kerbalnauts!

I'm a long time player, but a total noob still. Been playing since about 2013, but I never get very far before my cycle of losing interest, then coming back to updates and broken mods and starting over and rinse and repeat. I got back into this cycle earlier this year and really haven't fallen out of it. Figured I would come by and join the community since I lurk here very often as it is.

This time I am hoping to see the entire system.... Maybe use some planet packs after that. 

Anyway, I'll see you guys around the forum!

38 minutes ago, whjoyjr said:

Hello Fellow Kerbalnauts! <- Yeah, I stole that...

Pre-purchase question:  Is there an advantage of buying direct from the website vice Steam?

Planning on running it on my 2017 MacBook Pro...

Welcome.

I did the direct download (on my Mac) since Steam bugs me a little. I have multiple installs, as well, which is trivial to do (dunno about doing that with Steam).

1 hour ago, whjoyjr said:

Pre-purchase question:  Is there an advantage of buying direct from the website vice Steam?

Don't forget GoG as an option too.

Welcome!

On 9/23/2018 at 12:20 PM, whjoyjr said:

With the new version you get access to ships from the Steam Workshop on the Steam version. I have no experience with the mac version, but, unlike most Steam games you don't have to have Steam running to run KSP.

Ships are easy to add though so it probably doesn't make a big difference. Welcome to the forum!

On 9/20/2018 at 1:19 PM, 51R50G said:

Hello Fellow Kerbalnauts!

I'm a long time player, but a total noob still. Been playing since about 2013, but I never get very far before my cycle of losing interest, then coming back to updates and broken mods and starting over and rinse and repeat. I got back into this cycle earlier this year and really haven't fallen out of it. Figured I would come by and join the community since I lurk here very often as it is.

This time I am hoping to see the entire system.... Maybe use some planet packs after that. 

Anyway, I'll see you guys around the forum!

Ironically i mostly do the same thing. I've made a bunch of parts for KSP but haven't probably played 25 actual hours. :0.0:

One of these days.... I will sit down and collect some funds. :)

Hi, all.

I'm a long-time space enthusiast, a Quora participant that loves to answer space history and technology questions, and a KSP player since June 2018.

I love this game to heartfelt tears. I've stuck to four mods that are essential and pretty dang stable (Kerbal Engineer Redux, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, Trajectories and Kerbal Alarm Clock). Scott Manley, Matt Lowne and Marcus House are my patron saints, and I am this close to making Career Mode videos of my own since two of these three good men have videos no newer than two years ago, and a lot of updates have occurred since then. Those videos to come only if I can put my own spin on things that hasn't been beaten to death since the game has so much wonderful support already (such as here and the wiki).

While KSP doesn't limit you to just any one thing, I'm fond of making probes and emulating their power, beauty and economy over the complication you need for Kerballed flights for now.

7 minutes ago, BlueVapor1234 said:

Does anyone know how to plan for an interplanetary ship on sandbox?:/ 

Work backwards. Make the return stage, then do the dV math that will tell you how large a craft you need to add to it to get it back from the target planet. Then make the payload you want to deliver to the planet, add it to the mass of the return assembly, then do the dV math to tell you how large a craft you need to add to get it to the target. 

Or, you could do what I did and just keep stranding crews until you come up with something large enough to do the whole thing. :D

13 minutes ago, BlueVapor1234 said:

Does anyone know how to plan for an interplanetary ship on sandbox?:/

Try to keep your part count down as much as possible. More parts = more strain on the physics engine = more chance of a wobbly craft, or a kraken attack. For instance, one FL-T800 fuel tank is generally better than two FL-T400 fuel tanks, even though they have the same total mass etc. One exception might be if you need to split the fuel into separate tanks for CoM balance reasons.

4 minutes ago, sturmhauke said:

Try to keep your part count down as much as possible. More parts = more strain on the physics engine = more chance of a wobbly craft, or a kraken attack. For instance, one FL-T800 fuel tank is generally better than two FL-T400 fuel tanks, even though they have the same total mass etc. One exception might be if you need to split the fuel into separate tanks for CoM balance reasons.

That happend to me before on my Xbox, have you ever expirenced a bug where Gilly becomes 8-bit and it's hitbox is all throughout it's SOI?