Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Hello BRG75 and welcome to the KSP Forum!

This forum is full of smart, helpful, spacecraft engineering, interplanetary course plotting type folks.  You should find all the help you need.

Good to have you aboard.

Happy landings!

22 hours ago, BRG75 said:

Hello! 

I’ve been playing KSP for just over a month on PS4. While I’m not great at the game, I really do enjoy it, and I’ve slowly worked my way through the main missions around Kerbin.

I am now about to attempt interplanetary missions, and I fear they may be beyond my ability! So I signed up here, as I will probably need all the help I can get!

Hi @BRG75 welcome to the forums!!!:D

welcome to our forums. I have played for 4-5 months and have not even began to do orbit and mun missions yet. Will have to ask a question on how to make a good reliable craft and how to do that. My advice is to go as slow or as fast as you want to in progression.

Hi! 

I'm new here, from Wolverhampton in England (outskirts actually) and I only recently got into KSP: played the 1.0 demo in early 2017 before falling in love and buying KSP 1.3.1 in August of that year. I have a few forum questions:

1. Why can't I change my profile pic? 

2. What's with the first post approved by mod rule?

Lastly: how can i customise my profile? 

Thanks for listening and goodnight from me! 

12 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Welcome to the forum @ResonantWaves.

You will have to make 5 moderator approved posts that conform to the community guidelines before you will be able to customise your profile or send personal messages. We apologise for the inconvenience but this system is in place to protect the forum.

That's perfectly fine, if it's to protect the forum then I understand. Thank you. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there spacefarers!

I'm Patricia, 35 years old and living in the Netherlands. Finally got KSP a couple of days ago on Steam and I love it!

Not much else to tell at this moment,  but I figured it would be nice to pop in here and introduce myself. Also, thanks to all of you who put so much work into making information available for us newbies. Really appreciate it a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JustPlaneCrazy said:

how do you change ur profile pic in the forums?

Welcome JustPlaneCrazy!

You should give our New Member Guide a read, it will answer a lot of your questions:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just attempting my first interplanetary mission, my spacecraft is in gilly orbit with ~830m/s dv left, is this enough to land and get back to kerbin?(probably, but still asking to be sure.)

Also, what's the most efficient way to do it?

@Space Nerd, take a look at this. 

Add up the numbers between where you are and where you want to be. If your ship doesn't have that much, you can't go there. 

Landing and taking off from Gilly take next to nothing. If you time your record so that Gilly's orbit is adding to your outbound velocity you can get a little boost, but it's very little. 

Looks like there's rescue mission in your future. :) 

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow Kerbals. I’m 39 from Montreal in Canada. I play KSP since March 2018. I’m passionated by space. I’ve seen for real 3 space shuttles and a Saturn V while visiting museums. 

I have well over a 1000 hours in KSP, but since I haven’t read a lot of web pages or YouTube videos before playing the progress was slow and often painfull

but now I got fairly good results 

I made a pretty big mistake and I’d like some help from a mod? I was typing out a post to the KSP2 board and it kept submitting it for some reason. I think I accidentally submitted a half written title 4 or 5 times. I’m worried that I might get blocked for it :(

Can someone please tell this noob that it’s going to be okay?

50 minutes ago, iteranthypatic said:

Can someone please tell this noob that it’s going to be okay?

It's going to be okay. :kiss:

Seriously, this is a friendly and helpful corner of the internet, and we're all pals here. No worries!