Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Hello there. So uhh, suppose this goes here. I've actually been playing KSP since 2014, well, version 0.24 to be exact, so I'm a veteran in a sense. However, I've been kinda on and off with the forum. So yeah, welcome back me if anything. Hope this stay will be permanent though. :):blush:

5 hours ago, Candlelight said:

Hello there. So uhh, suppose this goes here. I've actually been playing KSP since 2014, well, version 0.24 to be exact, so I'm a veteran in a sense. However, I've been kinda on and off with the forum. So yeah, welcome back me if anything. Hope this stay will be permanent though. :):blush:

oh hello there! I started in 0.23 what a surprise. Hope you do stay, but I suppose you need no forum introduction.

On 4/9/2020 at 2:14 PM, Geonovast said:

If you haven't played since before heatshields were needed, then I imagine it's like playing a whole new game.

WELL NOW!! I AM DEEPLY - who am I kidding. When it came out, as everyone knows, it was new, but now, every clip of anyone reentering pre- reentry heating makes my heart just- boom

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Keithv708 said:

Hi thank you for the warm welcome. 

np bro just ask if u have a question ^_^ we won’t bite

(just don’t be that guy who’s a jerk about RSS and RO and is always screaming for it to be stock and insulting people who don’t play heavy mods)

1 hour ago, HansonKerman said:

np bro just ask if u have a question ^_^ we won’t bite

(just don’t be that guy who’s a jerk about RSS and RO and is always screaming for it to be stock and insulting people who don’t play heavy mods)

I am sure you don’t and I am not one of those people.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi y'all. KSP noob, sort of. I tried KSP a loooong time ago and just now coming back and giving it serious attention. I love it! Long time space nut like MS Space Simulator long time. Apparently from what I've read I've done this backwards. I've been a user of Orbiter for an even looooonger time. I enjoy the built in amusement even when playing a 'serious' mission.

I'm an old guy living in the mountains of western NC, USA. Cheers!

2 hours ago, Schmidtrock said:

Hi y'all. KSP noob, sort of. I tried KSP a loooong time ago and just now coming back and giving it serious attention. I love it! Long time space nut like MS Space Simulator long time. Apparently from what I've read I've done this backwards. I've been a user of Orbiter for an even looooonger time. I enjoy the built in amusement even when playing a 'serious' mission.

I'm an old guy living in the mountains of western NC, USA. Cheers!

nice. We do not speak of Orbiter, the forbidden game here. Jk! Kinda. If you played Orbiter you might not enjoy KSP (there are some toxic people around who demand RO be stock) but whatever. Enjoy your stay.

1 hour ago, HansonKerman said:

nice. We do not speak of Orbiter, the forbidden game here. Jk! Kinda. If you played Orbiter you might not enjoy KSP (there are some toxic people around who demand RO be stock) but whatever. Enjoy your stay.

Hah! No worries and I know what you mean. I've ran across some toxic folks in that community. Anyway thanks for the welcome and I am enjoying KSP! Glad to be here.

2 hours ago, Schmidtrock said:

Hah! No worries and I know what you mean. I've ran across some toxic folks in that community. Anyway thanks for the welcome and I am enjoying KSP! Glad to be here.

^_^

old pilot back in the game here. still hell bent on a revenge mission to the mun (im up to 300pc on mk3, mk1 had over 500 at launch for proof of concept, its not an average mission) that i never pulled off so i havent gone anywhere else yet but im looking forward to the community aspect and sharing my creations now that im back into it. hopefully i can finish the design soon because im dying to share it. im really looking forward to the revisions after it finally flies and i get some criticisms on it.

basically, single mission orbital station that can deploy (possibly recover for relocation) its own scanning and relay network, land itself, biome hop, and return to orbit before sending the kerbals home. between the mobile station, its rover, and deployable titleless craft mk3, it can in theory get every piece of science from the mun all while providing comms for other missons and refueling them as well.

to keep things fun, ive nearly eliminated part clipping as an option unless its unavoidable. as in, im not shoving tanks inside each other, and im verifying that no moving parts ever intersect with others during operation, but yeah, you cant make the flat plate of landing gear line up with a curved tank/pod soooo.... clip till it looks right, but no more.

I should clarify, it's not a big station. I started with a requirement of 2.5m fairing, i'm having a hard time doing that though. It's pretty compact at launch and likely won't have much dead air in the fairing if I go back to that restriction. It all started with the rover in a service bay. I'll post the mk1 of that after work so you guys can get the idea of what I mean by the compact but no clipping thing.

By the time I build the refuelers and their station (they double as the transit vehicle for this) I'll be over 600. Then I want to launch it with an ssto because if I do, it's nearly free of debris at final deployment because each stage is itself a vehicle, 20 in total, configuration varies as mission progress is made. Fairing and couplings is all it would leave as trash. The 4 mun rescue lander's will send its stages into mun and kerbin, I can't reasonably get around that. Tempted to go full recovery but this is already way over built.

Landed base with 4 mods (rover, miner, tanker, comms/inv sci)

Orbital refueling station with 4 lander/loaders

4 rescue vehicles to return a kerbin home

4 relay satellites

2 scanners

Nearly 600 parts, just over 100 tons without the 4 fuel transports, haven't finished those yet.

Fully autonomous, capacity of 8, but only taking 2 scientists and an engineer. I will not admit if it has 16.6k electronic charge for some reason, or if I was a reasonable person and didn't do it just because I could. You be the judge.

Side note, I'll be borrowing a computer for this launch haha.

Edited by WhiskeySage
more information

Will do, just keep in mind I won't actually be getting every piece of science off the mun in one go. I've spent so much time designing the craft, I really want to get away from mun stuff and maybe start the laythe project soon. Potential project burn out is the only thing stopping me from making the whole thing be able to connect and relocate to minmus instead of just going back to kerbin. I'll save that for LL Bean Mk4.

Hello, KSP Community.

I'm new here at least. I picked up a copy of KSP earlier this year. It took me until now to venture onto the forums. I heard about this game a really long time ago, and remembered it existed out of nowhere. I checked the game out and decided to buy a copy. I initially bought it on a whim. I keep playing it because it allows for a surprising amount of creativity with realistic, achievable goals to work to. This game is probably the most physics-accurate game I've played yet (posted before someone points out all the flaws of the game to me), which isn't bad. Frankly, I'm surprised such a complex, sophisticated game like this runs so well. On Unity Game Engine never the less. (I've tried using Unity before; even the most infantile scenes would heat up my CPU for some reason).

I am not an aerospace engineer; I don't really understand much about how flight works beyond what you could expect from a normal person. I'll probably ask a few cringey questions, but I'll learn. 

9 hours ago, Orbital_Decay said:

I am not an aerospace engineer; I don't really understand much about how flight works beyond what you could expect from a normal person. I'll probably ask a few cringey questions, but I'll learn. 

KSP makes it all easy.

1. Burning at high points to increase low points’ height doesn’t waste fuel

2. Have fuel to burn up (not burning up, up like the- nevermind)

3. The sun is a deadly lazer. Don’t get too close

4. the kraken may attack. Don’t worry, just load a quick save.

5. QUICKSAVE ALL THE TIME

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 8:25 AM, HansonKerman said:

KSP makes it all easy.

1. Burning at high points to increase low points’ height doesn’t waste fuel

2. Have fuel to burn up (not burning up, up like the- nevermind)

3. The sun is a deadly lazer. Don’t get too close

4. the kraken may attack. Don’t worry, just load a quick save.

5. QUICKSAVE ALL THE TIME

6. It is possible to build a working Rubik's Cube in the game.

• 3 weeks later...

hello, I am new here, and I have messed around with other people's things on the steam workshop(recently picked up both DLC's) and done a bit on my own, and I am a plane builder that is planning on extending from my base area TerraTech(I founded a forum kingdom called ZTech, and I work on keeping it alive) into KSP, and maybe tackle Simple Planes in the future. so far my entry level aircraft(using only beginner parts you get) lover to end in explosions, but I am improving, using tricks I picked up from other games. Tips are useful for me, so I don't mind if you have some.