Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Ey, Ey, Ey! New guy here(Not really) Been around the forum for awhile though this is the first time I have a proper account, usually I’d spend time scrolling for mods/finding solutions for bugs and that was it. Now here I am speaking for the first time on the forum! :D 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 1:37 PM, been said:

hello

Welcome to Jurassic park...*It looks like KSP forum but it Isn't... LOL JK it is Welcome to KSP Forums i highly recommend that you visit the topics as often as possible (wow this hinter is super long!!!)

Howdy! Remember "Comic Sans" is not valid.jk

7 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Hello, new forum member here. Been looking around the forums for months (mostly in add-on releases and  the lounge), thought it's finally time to make an account to post stuff.

Good choice. Here we have Forum Games, KSP topics, KSP2 topics, Help desks for PC, Consoles, Forums and everything in between. Enjoy your Stay!

That'll be $49.99

• 1 month later...

Hi! I’ve got KSP just about 20 days ago and I’m new to the forum.  I wanted to ask a couple of questions about the game, but I’m not sure where to post, because is not “how do I do this” or “why do I explode”, lol. Is more a little like... in-game astronomy... if that makes any sense, XD

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

Sounds like a question for the General Discussions sub, but you can also ask here, if you're bashful. :)

Thanks! I guess I’ll do it here then. Um, basically I was curious how can there be water on Eve and Laythe, because Eve is extremely hot and with a very high atmospheric pressure, while Laythe has slightly less atmospheric pressure than Kerbin, and is much colder. Under these conditions there shouldn’t be any water on them... so, any answer?

Also, how is it that Jool and Laythe have roughly the same gravity, and are very close to each other, but they are not a binary system?

There is liquid on Eve and Laythe, but not necessarily water. And Jool is much larger than Laythe, so their mutual barycenter is much closer to Jool. Okay, actually the game simplifies things so that their barycenter is the center of Jool, but still, you get the idea, @The Blazer. :D

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

There is liquid on Eve and Laythe, but not necessarily water. And Jool is much larger than Laythe, so their mutual barycenter is much closer to Jool. Okay, actually the game simplifies things so that their barycenter is the center of Jool, but still, you get the idea, @The Blazer. :D

Ah, okay thank you. Yeah, I guess it makes sense. Specially about Jool and Laythe, I guess there is no point in making things so complicated like making them a binary system.

11 hours ago, The Blazer said:

Also, how is it that Jool and Laythe have roughly the same gravity, and are very close to each other, but they are not a binary system?

The game lists them as having the same "surface gravity", but in reality Jool is much bigger and heavier, and it has no real surface.

The wiki gives this interesting bit of trivia for Jool:

• Interestingly, if you use an N-Body simulation, the Jool system is very unstable and will rapidly collapse into a radically different system. Vall gets thrown out into interplanetary space, as do Pol and Bop, and Laythe and Tylo become closer together. In order to solve this problem, the moons must be broken out of resonance, or Jool's mass must be drastically increased.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Samrich said:

Hello! I heard about this game for a long time, but I still did not dare to play, but now I am glad to join your community, I hope it will be interesting.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have more KSP players (and it is indeed interesting).