Hello and Welcome!

Moach

19 hours ago, Som-Boi_lol said:

Hello, there! I started playing before 2 months on PC and PS4. Im a noob, but I watched enough of Jacksepticeye's series. Here I might post screenshots. Sorry if my english is not so good, im bulgarian

Welcome :D

Spoiler
On 4/20/2021 at 2:36 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Forum reputation is your likes (received) to post ratio. Having a high likes ratio shows that you're very well received by others for what you post. It's typically very high for makers of popular mods, and for users who are very helpful and wise.

weird flex but ok :wink:

Hello, I have signed up here a few weeks ago and it looks great! Found lots of helpful stuff. I started playing KSP some months ago, and I seem to have got the hang of it. So far I have conquered all the planets (apart from some of the moons of Jool like Pol, Bop). I have also recently mastered the art of docking, and I have created 2 space stations, one (a mini one, for refuelling) in LKO, and a seconds larger science one in an orbit of 700,000m. Also just started my first Mun Station.  Fun times ahead!

One thing though: propellers. They are driving me mad. I have tried to make them work, but they just end up making the craft spin furiously in 1 direction. Even with 2 counter-rotating props don't work. Any help would be gladly appreciated!

9 hours ago, Philae_Rosetta2021 said:

Hello, I have signed up here a few weeks ago and it looks great! Found lots of helpful stuff. I started playing KSP some months ago, and I seem to have got the hang of it. So far I have conquered all the planets (apart from some of the moons of Jool like Pol, Bop). I have also recently mastered the art of docking, and I have created 2 space stations, one (a mini one, for refuelling) in LKO, and a seconds larger science one in an orbit of 700,000m. Also just started my first Mun Station.  Fun times ahead!

One thing though: propellers. They are driving me mad. I have tried to make them work, but they just end up making the craft spin furiously in 1 direction. Even with 2 counter-rotating props don't work. Any help would be gladly appreciated!

Welcome!  :)

Ugh. Propellers. I am still terrible with them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello KSP-Community,

I'm a fellow Kerbonaut for almost a year now and without this Forum, I'd probably still be sitting on the pad. So let me say a big thank you to everyone even though it took me a year!

Well, apart from playing KSP, I'm studying Transport Systems with a strong focus on Aeronautics and Astronautics, which I hopefully will be graduating soon. I was talking to my Fundamentals of Space Technology-teacher recently about a senior thesis under his supervision and knowing about my passion for KSP he offered me to develop a concept/solution for using KSP in his course. One objective of my thesis is to build a "sub-mod" to kRPC. Students of the course will have to calculate data (e.g. dV needed for Hohmann transfer, inclination change, combined maneuvers or optimal ascent profiles using numerical integration) which are then fed into the autopilot sub-mod. Their calculation is executed by Python scripts which they'll have to write individually. Those scripts can be developed and run in an environment build by myself having its own UI in KSP. If they' run their code the vessel/rocket will do what they calculated, hopefully leading to spectacular explosions. This way we think their understanding of orbital mechanics and maneuvering will get much better.

Building my own IDE / Editor + integrated Terminal will most likely be the tricky part. I've some experience writing mainly mathematical scripts and super basic sorting algorithms using Python, MATLAB and C but was never really taught how to develop a proper program. Nevertheless I really want to learn exactly that.

At the moment I'm just getting started in C# and getting to know how to set up an console inside my own program/window to later integrate that into KSP and let the students run their scripts from there.

So at a certain point I think this even might worth a dedicated thread but since I haven't much to show yet I figured I'll include that into my introduction.

I'm sorry for the long post but I wanted to give you some background and not start with asking probably stupid questions, of which I already have one:

If I run into an problem that I can't fix by myself, should I rather open a thread dedicated to my project or would you recommend posting it for example in there: The official unoffical "help a fellow plugin developer" thread ?

Thanks a lot again!

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to make a thread in this sub-forum but I suppose this would be more suitable.

Hello, I am Zaffre! Some of you may recognize me from Discord. I have occasionally lurked these forums for a little while, perusing the mods section. Watching and waiting. Not very frequently, however. I bought this game several years ago I believe around the 1.3 days. I went on hiatus for some time afterward as I was both distracted and discouraged from previous tries, but then--and I don't remember precisely when--I came back and played for a little while.

Then I discovered planet modding, and more recently part modding. I have been working on something rather special for the past 2-3 years (I am exhausted!) or so. It was initially to bring (initially poorly crafted) worlds out of my imagination and into a medium I could interact and play with. Soon it evolved into a personal project which has become a more general project. I have been keeping it behind the curtains, or off the forum at least, for the duration of its development for the preservation of my sanity and to avoid embarrassment and contributing to the stereotype of low-quality planet mods. Having less pressure does wonders.

All that said, unlike some other people on these forums I am not studying aerospace. College has proven exhausting to me quite unfortunately, but part of that is down to the wretched variety of conditions I am forced to live with. I hope my upcoming therapy, medications, and more official diagnoses help fix that. Anxiety, autism, ADHD, depression, more anxiety, possibly mild schizophrenia, Tourette's, and a brain injury are not fun to live with. And I hope that does not affect me here much on the forums. [Referring to my behavior, not anyone else's]

I also looked into my profile hoping to give myself a custom pfp and profile header. To my disappointment it seems I cannot do that. I imagine that is down to the post count? These forums appear to have strong safeguards against bots, which unfortunately the nearly dead Minecraft Forums are littered with.

Also, is it possible to PM moderators? I have some questions about creating a mod thread and general forum questions and being able to chat like that is helpful. I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row.

Edited by Zaffre

Hi @Zaffre. You have submitted enough posts now that the new member screening has or will soon automatically stop and then you should be able to customize your profile. And yes, you should be able to PM moderators. You could PM me about general forum questions but I'm not a modder, so I'd suggest you direct the modding questions toward Snark. 

14 hours ago, Zaffre said:

Watching and waiting

Well no longer! You're here now and we are happy to have you. Looking forward to the new things you will add to our game! Welcome. Fly safe. 

9 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Hi @Zaffre. You have submitted enough posts now that the new member screening has or will soon automatically stop and then you should be able to customize your profile. And yes, you should be able to PM moderators. You could PM me about general forum questions but I'm not a modder, so I'd suggest you direct the modding questions toward Snark. 

Yes! I just noticed. ...And Snark was the first person that came to mind. I'll see to asking him/her.

7 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Well no longer! You're here now and we are happy to have you. Looking forward to the new things you will add to our game! Welcome. Fly safe. 

Thanks. And with nuclear propulsion you have no choice but to fly safe lest something goes boom. :P

Hello, I'm Dark. I've played KSP for at least 5 years (don't remember exactly) and I've mainly interacted with the community through Discord, but I thought I should make a forum account

5 hours ago, JustDark said:

Hello, I'm Dark. I've played KSP for at least 5 years (don't remember exactly) and I've mainly interacted with the community through Discord, but I thought I should make a forum account

Welcome, Dark! We're glad to have you!