Hello and Welcome!

Moach

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ChloFree said:

Hi everyone. Do not know if I have to do this second time. I've already introduced myself in a separate thread and decide to do this again here.

I'm Chloe.  I've only about 100 hours on the game.

Thanks

Hi there! Welcome :D

Not new, but apparently I didn't do this when I created my account a while ago. A friend introduced me to the game in college when we were studying Aerospace engineering (real life rocket scientist here; this game is harder somehow). He usually flew by hand but this is a computer game... so I want use a computer to fly my computer rocket :) I still have issues with RO and RSS in getting things into orbit, though... any tips on how to use Mechjeb and autopilot-mods or efficient spacecraft build (or utilities/mods to help with that process) are appreciated! I might one day get into modding or game-scripting if I ever get the time and can learn the appropriate APIs. 

Edit 0: Oh, if anybody has some useful resources on the "fuels" in ksp (and RO) that would be helpful! I prefer my game to use only realistic fuels (yes, I have the mod for that but sometimes things don't get converted due to incompatibility?). I'm not afraid to try editing source code or config files if I can learn how it affects the game. 

Edited by shootnscoot
added detail, also wanted to see if I can edit posts

42 minutes ago, shootnscoot said:

I still have issues with RO and RSS in getting things into orbit, though... any tips on how to use Mechjeb and autopilot-mods or efficient spacecraft build (or utilities/mods to help with that process) are appreciated! 

In RSS, make sure you're using PVG mode for ascent. It's based on real world ascent guidance and will try to plot an optimal course into orbit. It depends heavily on vehicle design so your rocket needs good design in all stages or PVG will have problems getting to orbit. If you run into trouble in a specific stage or phase of ascent then post your issue in the MechJeb forum along with information about your rocket design.  

Edit 0: Oh, if anybody has some useful resources on the "fuels" in ksp (and RO) that would be helpful! I prefer my game to use only realistic fuels (yes, I have the mod for that but sometimes things don't get converted due to incompatibility?). I'm not afraid to try editing source code or config files if I can learn how it affects the game. 

Not sure what you're asking in the first part, can you be more specific? As for the second part, if you're talking about Real Fuels, it doesn't automatically convert engines over so an 'engine pack' is necessary to convert the engines to realistic equivalents. RO does that for you but it does not (last I was aware) touch any of the DLC. And as it is a real world sort of mod, there might be engines from other mods that it does not touch. Check in the support forums for those mods to see if there are RO patches. Or make a request in the RO forum or create an issue on the RO GitHub repo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm new to this KSP forum website thingy, but I'm definitely not new to KSP lol I've been playing since 0.25 I think 1 update after the new KSC models. Anyway I also have a question, does this forum support LaTeX? or any sort of TeX typesetting? For those orbital mechanics equations :D