Hello and Welcome!

Moach

let  me tell you a great tale two men by the name of jebidiah and ben were launched in to space the rockets intent was just to get high but it done much more they now orbit the sun waiting for the day of rescue that day will nether come new kerbals save your good men

17 hours ago, Dman979 said:

In these parts, most people call me drunk as a skunk... I mean, Dman. :) *Hic*How's about you two head over to the *hic* salon... eh, saloon... *hic* I mean... Tutorials and Gameplay Help Shubforms...

HaaHAaaa

So you got a dawgy and the Admiral has a winged horsey named tha' Trigger!

1429601272_polls_SillyHorse_small_2205_2

Meet Trigger!

Hello Sire Dman979,

I am the brains here, the Admiral was just a piece of space debris until I decided to give "it" a lift!

:o

OK Trigger! 

:angry:

Take a hike, I command thee!!!

Gladly!

1 hour ago, batman78781 said:

Hi guys, just wanted to ask  what kind of affect mods have on career mode. Is there something I need to do to put them in the tech tree or will it do that automatically? 

If the mod is properly made, it should take care of this itself. 

Meanwhile, we are getting away from the purpose of this thread, guys. Which is welcoming newbies, and answering their newbie questions. 

2 hours ago, batman78781 said:

Hi guys, just wanted to ask  what kind of affect mods have on career mode. Is there something I need to do to put them in the tech tree or will it do that automatically? 

It depends on the mod. If you have a well-made part-mod, like @Vanamonde was saying, than it should take care of itself. Just curious, do you run KSP on Steam or did you buy it from the Devs? It will change how you install mods.

Hello all.  I tried the demo, and it wouldn't let me go...  So, I have just started with the full thing, and it's...bigger than I was expecting :)  Love it.  Can't seem to build a plane to save myself though, so if anyone could suggest a beginner's thread to explain how the bits fit together I'd appreciate it.

Hello Ziggy72, and welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to an old tutorial called Basic Aircraft Design - Explained Simply, With Pictures.  Because this is quite old, the statements about the aerodynamics in the game do not apply to the current version.  Nonetheless, this is an excellent beginner's plane building resource.  After that, you should probably take a look around the forum at craft that others have created to get some ideas.  The forum has a vast wealth of information in old threads.  If you can't find a specific answer you're looking for, start a thread in the Gameplay Questions section asking your question.

Glad to have you aboard.  Hope this helps.

Happy landings!

'sup Kerbal Space Programers!  If you guys need help, just ask.  I've been studying space and engines for longer than this game has even been around.  ;)  I guess you could say I'm a pro, but just call me James.  Glad to be of service.

1 hour ago, rlin said:

There is an option to make a quote. If I inserted a quote, but later decided to remove it, how do I do this?

That was a good question, I wasn't sure myself. It looks like you can delete the quote as any other character. (Hit backspace with the cursor immediately below it. You might need to do it a few times.)

Welcome aboard!

10 hours ago, rlin said:

There is an option to make a quote. If I inserted a quote, but later decided to remove it, how do I do this?

Sometimes they seem to be hard to get rid of, I've found that using Ctrl-RMB on the quote and selecting "Remove Quote" is the most reliable.

On January 11, 2016 at 6:36 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

Sometimes they seem to be hard to get rid of, I've found that using Ctrl-RMB on the quote and selecting "Remove Quote" is the most reliable.

On January 11, 2016 at 7:36 PM, rlin said:

Or, if you're on Mac, it's command.  If you're on mobile, you kind of have to hit backspace a lot...

47 minutes ago, Dr.K Kerbal said:

How to you post your craft onto the KSP forums?

There are various sites where you can post your craft files such as dropbox, google drive, or KerbalX.

You simply upload your file to the site and then copy and paste the resulting link they give you into your post.

Happy landings!.

Thankyou very much.

On 12/30/2015 at 4:31 AM, Dman979 said:

Hello, @CanOmer!

Scott Manley is a great guy to watch. He has a lot of helpful tips. You might also want to check out the Gameplay Questions and Tutorials subforum.

As for mods:

I'd recommend KER (Kerbal Engineer Redux), KAC (Kerbal Alarm Clock), ATM (Active Texture Management).

KER gives you a readout on your ship's stats, including ∆V, mass, TWR, and burn times. KAC helps keep you from warping past an important event, and ATM... well, I don't know exactly what ATM does, but it helps my game load faster.

KER is an awesome mod especially if you ant to get into orbit without using maneuver nodes or using the map view. also. "HULLO! IT"S SCOTT MARNLEI HERE!" He has got an irish accent. 

Welcome to the forum rlin!

As far as how to upload pictures.
You can upload pics to a site such as imgur.com.  You then copy the 'direct link' to the image from their page and paste it into the box that appears when you push the 'Insert other media' button at the bottom right of the post editor.

Happy landings!

Edited by Starhawk