Hello and Welcome!

Moach

30 minutes ago, RattleSnake said:

Why do all of my posts have to be approved by a moderator? I mean, not to say that I will be posting anything that they would not approve of, but it takes way too long to be approved.

It's just the first three posts.

Happy landings!

eta: Wow!  Double ninja'd.

Edited by Starhawk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody !

I'm new here, but I play KSP for about eight months now. I would like to thank the devs for providing maybe the only game which can make my kid-dreams true (well, nearly true and maybe with a little more explosions).

And for the record, I'm French, so pardon my poor English ;)

17 minutes ago, Mare Veris said:

No time for introductions... I have Kerbals to bring back from Mün..

;-)

Hello Mare Veris and welcome to the forum!

Hope you have great success returning those Kerbals from the Mun.  Glad to have you aboard.

Happy landings!

Hi @Dman979 ;-)

Well, I need to return them, because the Mün population will soon overgrow the Kerbin's one.

I also tend to plan my missions well - especially the last one was a big success. I had a perfect start, using only about 3600 delta-v to the low Kerbin orbit (at least that is how *I* do remember that) , then all the manoeuvres on the way have been performed with a perfect precision, and then, after reducing the horizontal speed to 0 over the Mün's surface, it turned out that it has to be either a suicide burn, or a suicide. ;-)

And they lived happily ever after. :-D

Edited by Mare Veris

*grumble grumble* What's this "planning" thing you speak of? :D  j/k actually my OCD doesn't let me not plan... I usually have to remind myself that I'm "close enough" on multiple occasions as I'm analyzing what I want to accomplish and how.

Edited by Buckley

hey, this is my first reply so please be gentle

how to keep the balance of the rover while using the time warp? even my F1 rover that has wings faced a little bit downwards just randomly roll over. (4x time warp)

to be honest, im using 4 monopropellant engines, 2 at the front wings and 2 at the back

Hello kitkat1078 and welcome to the forum!

Keeping rovers stable under 4x physics warp is quite difficult.  I had to change the design around and do a lot of trial and error in order to make mine work reliably at high physics warp.

I haven't tried any monoprop powered rovers.  I've only used the powered rover wheels.

Happy landings!

1 hour ago, kitkat1078 said:

hey, this is my first reply so please be gentle

how to keep the balance of the rover while using the time warp? even my F1 rover that has wings faced a little bit downwards just randomly roll over. (4x time warp)

to be honest, im using 4 monopropellant engines, 2 at the front wings and 2 at the back

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

It would be helpful to see what the craft looks like before making suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to say hello when I joined the forums, so here's me officially saying hello, 1 year to the day i joined the KSP forums. I joined to come ask about a strange bug, and titled the thread  "Spacecraft/Rocket Suddenly pitches over/Explodes (Debris ejected at light speed)", when I was working on my MESSENGER replica, the result which was the above, once I had managed to fix the bizarre issues. For a while I didn't post much, though soon I posted stock replicas of spacecrafts/rockets, before (mostly) moving on to modded ones. I also started The Asteroid Sentinels, the 2nd graphic novel mission report on the forums that I know of. My general focus is generally naval ships (in KSP yes,) for now.

Hello!

Edited by SaturnianBlue

On 7/22/2011 at 0:38 PM, Moach said:

Welcome to the KSP forums!

we hope your stay here will be as pleasant as it can be, and that all your questions get answered with due thought and care

feel free to use this board to introduce yourself and to ask those basic questions we all once had!

there's no such thing as a stupid question here - so if you just got here, feel free to ask away! you'll find the KSP community is very friendly and eager to help :D

happy flying! - and may your number of landings be always close to your number of launches ;D

:cheers:

Thanks for the welcome! 

12 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Question: If I take a screenshot of a meme, or a photo from google, and then I post it, is that considered against the rules? Thanks. 

Nope. But that's a good question to ask. People might get upset if you claim it's your own, though.

:)