Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Hello Kerbonauts :-)

I'm not so new to KSP and I've been playing since version 1.2 but I'm quite fresh to this forum.

So I'd like to say hello to everyone!

Nice Greetings

Jadago

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I've been playing since 1.2 and have been browsing the forms for mods and support, but never made it out to introduce myself. I have a love/hate relationship with the game so far where it eats up most of my time where I can't play any other games, and when I do find a place to brake away and try something else... KSP eventually manages to bring me right back into its sphere of influence. I'm currently trying my hand at trying to recover mostly all of my stages even though some may not be as cost effective, but I like the challenge. I'm interested in moving up to a SpaceX style launch and recover one day, and even using KOS to try and make the recovery process autonomous. Enough about me though... Looking forward to chatting with others in the forums more often. :D

Thanks,

Jozay

Welcome aboard, @Jozay! That's the thing about gravity- it always brings you back.

@Ho Lam Kerman there is a limit on the amount of reputation you can give per day. It's 25 now, but it used to be 5, and each on was worth five times as much. In the end it all evens out.

8 hours ago, Thecandym0n131 said:

So i have this on ps4 and really enjoy it , BUT i am horrible at designing rockets is there like a cheat sheet somewhere

Welcome!

Not so much a cheat sheet, as design can vary wildly.  But there are a few basics that are essential for rockets.

• Pointy end goes up, hot end points down.
  • You want to keep your Center Of Mass as far up/forward as you can to prevent flipping.
  • You also want to keep your drag as far down/back as you can to prevent flipping.  This generally means putting in fairings on the payload when it has a lot of radially attached parts, and putting fins on the bottom.  But there's a balance - too many fins or unnecessary fairings will waste fuel.
  • Going straight up / cranking 90 degrees / flooring it to get to orbit is incredibly inefficient.  You'll want to research gravity turns.
  • Double, Triple, Quadruple check your staging before launch.
  • Normally I'd recommend KER, but since you're on a console, you may want to brush up on manual dV calculations to make sure your rockets can get where they're going.

It's best to ask specific questions, with pictures when you need help!  It's much easier to give advice when it can be specific based on what you already have.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:34 AM, Geonovast said:

Welcome!

Not so much a cheat sheet, as design can vary wildly.  But there are a few basics that are essential for rockets.

• Pointy end goes up, hot end points down.
  • You want to keep your Center Of Mass as far up/forward as you can to prevent flipping.
  • You also want to keep your drag as far down/back as you can to prevent flipping.  This generally means putting in fairings on the payload when it has a lot of radially attached parts, and putting fins on the bottom.  But there's a balance - too many fins or unnecessary fairings will waste fuel.
  • Going straight up / cranking 90 degrees / flooring it to get to orbit is incredibly inefficient.  You'll want to research gravity turns.
  • Double, Triple, Quadruple check your staging before launch.
  • Normally I'd recommend KER, but since you're on a console, you may want to brush up on manual dV calculations to make sure your rockets can get where they're going.

It's best to ask specific questions, with pictures when you need help!  It's much easier to give advice when it can be specific based on what you already have.

Well I've landed on both moons if kerbin and only had the game a week but I can't seem to make it past them

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome,

But I have played KSP for two years now, and I have landed on mun, but cannot get back from it. 

Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Edited by spenjk15
needed to fix grammar/explanation mistake

16 hours ago, spenjk15 said:

Thanks for the welcome,

But I have played KSP for two years now, and I have landed on mun, but cannot get back from it. 

Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Maybe. Why don't you try to my guide and example ship? 

Hello everyone ! 

I'm new on the forum even if I've been playing for quite some times (2012 I believe but due to something stupid I lost the game), hoping to be active here ^^

greatings

Edited by Sh1ny4
mistyping

5 hours ago, Sh1ny4 said:

Hello everyone ! 

I'm new on the forum even if I've been playing for quite some times (2012 I believe but due to something stupid I lost the game), hoping to be active here ^^

greatings

Howdy. :)

I played this game since a long time ago. Back then, I never knew how to dock. The first mission I had to another planet was jool, which was completely on Accident. I was trying to escape from the sun. I had an old account, called KerbalXer, but I forgot the password, so I now have DunaManiac.

8 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

I played this game since a long time ago. Back then, I never knew how to dock. The first mission I had to another planet was jool, which was completely on Accident. I was trying to escape from the sun. I had an old account, called KerbalXer, but I forgot the password, so I now have DunaManiac.

Your old content has been merged into your new account. 

So thing is I have a discord server I use to organize a stock war in KSP with the new LMP multiplayer mod. Well semi-stock. Anyways I was wondering if posting a link and some info about it to get more members would be too much on the side of advertising. It does have to do with KSP so it should be okay right? 

Edited by TheNordicToast
Because I wanted to say why I wanted to post the thing. It's to get more members.

7 hours ago, TheNordicToast said:

So thing is I have a discord server I use to organize a stock war in KSP with the new LMP multiplayer mod. Well semi-stock. Anyways I was wondering if posting a link and some info about it to get more members would be too much on the side of advertising. It does have to do with KSP so it should be okay right? 

Yes, that would be OK, so long as there's no roleplaying happening on the forums. If you want to post it, put it in the Lounge.

Hello there!

I´ve been playing since 0.19 but now digging deeper into making my own mods and finally login in here to share my creations, searching for ideas and of course asking questions :)

greatings!

On 6/1/2018 at 10:34 PM, Thecandym0n131 said:

Well I've landed on both moons if kerbin and only had the game a week but I can't seem to make it past them

Nice going! Now, how didja do it? That's usually what matters. Normally I'd recommend KAC for launch windows, but like @Ho Lam Kerman said, try using this book I know called The Kerbal Player's Guide for your calculations. It tells you how (basically) to get to Duna. It was a Christmas present, though, so I dunno where to get it.

4 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Hi peeps. I just had a teensy question: What is a PM and how do I do one?

It's a personal message. You hover the mouse over someone's avatar to find the envelope icon. :D

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, sturmhauke said:

Hello kerbalnauts! I've been playing for about a year. I'm pretty active over on r/KerbalSpaceProgram, but only came over here a couple of days ago.

We're nicer.