Moach

Hello and Welcome!

Hello! 

I’ve been playing KSP for just over a month on PS4. While I’m not great at the game, I really do enjoy it, and I’ve slowly worked my way through the main missions around Kerbin.

I am now about to attempt interplanetary missions, and I fear they may be beyond my ability! So I signed up here, as I will probably need all the help I can get!

Hello BRG75 and welcome to the KSP Forum!

This forum is full of smart, helpful, spacecraft engineering, interplanetary course plotting type folks.  You should find all the help you need.

Good to have you aboard.

Happy landings!

22 hours ago, BRG75 said:

Hello! 

I’ve been playing KSP for just over a month on PS4. While I’m not great at the game, I really do enjoy it, and I’ve slowly worked my way through the main missions around Kerbin.

I am now about to attempt interplanetary missions, and I fear they may be beyond my ability! So I signed up here, as I will probably need all the help I can get!

Hi @BRG75 welcome to the forums!!!:D

welcome to our forums. I have played for 4-5 months and have not even began to do orbit and mun missions yet. Will have to ask a question on how to make a good reliable craft and how to do that. My advice is to go as slow or as fast as you want to in progression.

Hi everyone, been playing KSP since 2013 but never really participated in the community. Here's hoping for good times.

Hello @Ackles and welcome to the KSP Forum!

Glad to have you aboard and enjoying good times.

Happy landings!

Hi! 

I'm new here, from Wolverhampton in England (outskirts actually) and I only recently got into KSP: played the 1.0 demo in early 2017 before falling in love and buying KSP 1.3.1 in August of that year. I have a few forum questions:

1. Why can't I change my profile pic? 

2. What's with the first post approved by mod rule?

Lastly: how can i customise my profile? 

Thanks for listening and goodnight from me! 

Welcome to the forum @ResonantWaves.

You will have to make 5 moderator approved posts that conform to the community guidelines before you will be able to customise your profile or send personal messages. We apologise for the inconvenience but this system is in place to protect the forum.

12 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Welcome to the forum @ResonantWaves.

You will have to make 5 moderator approved posts that conform to the community guidelines before you will be able to customise your profile or send personal messages. We apologise for the inconvenience but this system is in place to protect the forum.

That's perfectly fine, if it's to protect the forum then I understand. Thank you. 

Hello @ResonantWaves and welcome to the KSP Forum!

I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.

Happy landings!

Hello, I finally got the game this past weekend and I have been going through the tutorial missions at this point.

Never thought I would get a grasp of orbital mechanics when I was in high school!

Hello there spacefarers!

I'm Patricia, 35 years old and living in the Netherlands. Finally got KSP a couple of days ago on Steam and I love it!

Not much else to tell at this moment,  but I figured it would be nice to pop in here and introduce myself. Also, thanks to all of you who put so much work into making information available for us newbies. Really appreciate it a lot!

Howdy new people. Welcome to the forum. 

1 hour ago, JustPlaneCrazy said:

how do you change ur profile pic in the forums?

Welcome JustPlaneCrazy!

You should give our New Member Guide a read, it will answer a lot of your questions:

Hi, just attempting my first interplanetary mission, my spacecraft is in gilly orbit with ~830m/s dv left, is this enough to land and get back to kerbin?(probably, but still asking to be sure.)

Also, what's the most efficient way to do it?

@Space Nerd, take a look at this. 

Add up the numbers between where you are and where you want to be. If your ship doesn't have that much, you can't go there. 

Landing and taking off from Gilly take next to nothing. If you time your record so that Gilly's orbit is adding to your outbound velocity you can get a little boost, but it's very little. 

Looks like there's rescue mission in your future. :) 

I actually got back with the help of mechjeb and still have fuel left.

Thanks for helping!