[1.6.x] Distant Object Enhancement bis v1.9.1.1 (16 October 2018) - Free to a Good Home

MOARdV

48 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

to clarify, if MM detects a change in any file not in a PluginData folder it will dump and rebuild its entire cache the next time the game loads

Sure.  I am aware of what happens with MM.  It's integral to RasterPropMonitor.

I tried the simple change of adding the extra directory to the config load/save path, and it barfed on a clean installation, since the directory didn't already exist.  I'll have to package a config file or look into adding a call to ensure the PluginData directory exists first.  Once my work on RasterPropMonitor reaches a stopping point, I'll spend a few more cycles on implementing this change.

• 2 weeks later...

Maintenance update v1.7.2 is out on GitHub.  No critical changes - I moved the settings.cfg into PluginData so editing settings doesn't trigger an MM rebuild of the cache, and I added an exception trap around some code that had been acting up intermittently a while ago.

You will need to manually move your existing settings.cfg into PluginData and replace the default file that's included in order to preserve your settings.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh9liffoqvoft5m/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hi there, I'm running an RSS/RO RP-0 install, so quite a few mods, and im currently experiencing log spam from DoE I assume. It's getting spammed with this

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.5.4.21166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

I've tried reinstalling because I saw the "FileNotFound" But that didn't seem to help. Thought it might be because I'm using RSS expanded and RSS DoE configs, but removal of expanded, and playing around with the configs didn't have any effect. Sorry if this is a time waster, I feel like there's a really stupid thing I'm not doing or something :P, or maybe this is caused by another mod if so sorry for wasting you time. Great mod, definitely an essential for me :), keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, Sir_Fanch said:

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh9liffoqvoft5m/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hi there, I'm running an RSS/RO RP-0 install, so quite a few mods, and im currently experiencing log spam from DoE I assume. It's getting spammed with this

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.5.4.21166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

I've tried reinstalling because I saw the "FileNotFound" But that didn't seem to help. Thought it might be because I'm using RSS expanded and RSS DoE configs, but removal of expanded, and playing around with the configs didn't have any effect. Sorry if this is a time waster, I feel like there's a really stupid thing I'm not doing or something :P, or maybe this is caused by another mod if so sorry for wasting you time. Great mod, definitely an essential for me :), keep up the good work.

You have multiple exceptions in there that suggest you have mods that are not up to date.  The particular exception you're seeing above looks like another mod is trying to link to Distant Object - most likely the CactEye mod, since it overrides some DoE behaviors.  I'd recommend checking in on that mod's thread.

DoE is generating normal messages in the log (it looks like you have debug logging turned on), which tells me it's running okay.

13 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

You have multiple exceptions in there that suggest you have mods that are not up to date.  The particular exception you're seeing above looks like another mod is trying to link to Distant Object - most likely the CactEye mod, since it overrides some DoE behaviors.  I'd recommend checking in on that mod's thread.

DoE is generating normal messages in the log (it looks like you have debug logging turned on), which tells me it's running okay.

Thanks very much for the info, will do. Sorry about that, knew it would be something else. I'm useless at deciphering logs, thanks a lot. Keep up the good work again :)

CKAN, is bugging out every time I try to install version, 1.7.2. I get it you don't control CKAN, your's is the only mod I've encountered doing this... so... I'm reporting this bug on the CKAN github as well. 

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Games\KSP 1.1.2\Kerbal Space Program\CKAN\downloads\DF290833-DistantObject-default-v1.7.2.zip'.
File name: 'E:\Games\KSP 1.1.2\Kerbal Space Program\CKAN\downloads\DF290833-DistantObject-default-v1.7.2.zip'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile..ctor(String name)
   at CKAN.NetFileCache.GetCachedZip(Uri url, Boolean test_data)
   at CKAN.NetFileCache.IsCachedZip(Uri url)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallList(ICollection`1 modules, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IDownloader downloader)
   at CKAN.Main.WasSuccessful(Action action)
   at CKAN.Main.InstallList(HashSet`1 toInstall, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IDownloader downloader)
   at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1076.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/KSP%201.1.2/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1075.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1067.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1068.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1067.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1076.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hello to all.

I am trying to use this along with some kopernicus planet mods, RevampedStockSystem to be exact.

Whenever I go to the jool moon, kev, i start getting my log file overwhelmed with 

[EXC 00:10:15.861] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.5.4.21166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

[EXC 00:10:15.884] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.5.4.21166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

[EXC 00:10:15.906] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.5.4.21166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

[EXC 00:10:15.927] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.5.4.21166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

I upgraded distantobject to the newest version and double checked, but still getting this error spamming up the log and slowing all system down.

Are there any settings or changes i can make to stop this or at least reduce the amount of spam?

The problem was with CactEye mod.  Thought I had pulled it, but I hadn't.

It is the culprit, now i will go chase them.

Thanks again for great mod and all of your mod(s)

Cheers.

thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Edited by drtedastro
found answer to problem

I have a minor issue with the config dialogue box not fitting the screen, I'm limited to 1366x768 res. unfortunately and the bottom of the config tool gets cut off, if I turn on distant vessel rendering it pushes the Apply button off the bottom of the screen.

Any chance of changing the config tool in future versions to a more screen friendly shape?

36 minutes ago, MartGonzo said:

I have a minor issue with the config dialogue box not fitting the screen, I'm limited to 1366x768 res. unfortunately and the bottom of the config tool gets cut off, if I turn on distant vessel rendering it pushes the Apply button off the bottom of the screen.

Any chance of changing the config tool in future versions to a more screen friendly shape?

I will see what I can sort out,

• 2 weeks later...

Think there's any chance of tweaking how it responds to eclipses? Currently, the starfield instantly 'blinks' on and off like a lightswitch as the sun hits the horizon.

Sorry if this has been asked about before.

1 hour ago, vger said:

Think there's any chance of tweaking how it responds to eclipses? Currently, the starfield instantly 'blinks' on and off like a lightswitch as the sun hits the horizon.

Sorry if this has been asked about before.

If it's dimming caused by the sun, it is part of stock KSP, unfortunately.

Hello,

Thanks for this mod. I just tried it and already love it.

A question: there is a maximum skybox lighting but is there a way to set a minimum ? I wish to have the skybox dimmed but not totally even if I look at a planet.

Thanks for help. :-)

See you

Vive_moi

17 minutes ago, Sol Invictus said:

Please tell me, is DOE 1.7.2 fine to use with RSS on KSP 1.1.3? I'm asking because, unlike DOE 1.7.1, version 1.7.2 does not include (as far as I know) configs for RSS.

RSS configs are in DOE 1.7.2's zip file, just like they've been in prior versions.

18 hours ago, Vive_moi said:

A question: there is a maximum skybox lighting but is there a way to set a minimum ? I wish to have the skybox dimmed but not totally even if I look at a planet.

Thanks for help. :-)

There isn't a control for maximum dimming.  I can look into it when I have time to investigate new features for DOE.

1 hour ago, SpacePod9 said:

So just a quick question. If you use a custom skybox with ksp, will this mod show the flares with the skybox, or annul the skybox entirely?

As far as I know, the skybox should not affect the flares, nor vice versa.  The flares are drawn in front of the skybox.

• 3 weeks later...

I like how this mod washes out the skybox when I have a brightly lit surface of a planet in view, but when I look into the Sun without other planets in view, the skybox is not dimmed like you would expect to. This feels kind of awkward.

I hope this could be addressed soon.

5 hours ago, ebigunso said:

I like how this mod washes out the skybox when I have a brightly lit surface of a planet in view, but when I look into the Sun without other planets in view, the skybox is not dimmed like you would expect to. This feels kind of awkward.

I hope this could be addressed soon.

Sun dimming is controlled by KSP, not this mod.  That is why the behavior is different.

19 hours ago, ebigunso said:

but when I look into the Sun without other planets in view, the skybox is not dimmed like you would expect to

This works, but I too have found it to be broken at times. I haven't ever gone looking for why, but I can tell you it does work sometimes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.