[1.6.x] Distant Object Enhancement bis v1.9.1.1 (16 October 2018) - Free to a Good Home

MOARdV

Hello can you tell me what can be cause of this ? :

[EXC 21:07:00.222] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.6.1.11492, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

I am trying New Horizons mod.

And as soon as I put a ship on a launch pad my debug is filled with this null exceptions.

Thank you

Hello can you tell me what can be cause of this ? :

[EXC 21:07:00.222] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.6.1.11492, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

I am trying New Horizons mod.

And as soon as I put a ship on a launch pad my debug is filled with this null exceptions.

Thank you

Without more context and information, no. I would need the entire log so I can see what's going on.

Apropos of nothing, why not include those pics in this thread? Or do you want new ones? Just wondering, is all.

I'm not sure how I can get the links for those images, since the thread is locked. I'd be fine with new pictures, but I've got too many other things going on to dedicate the time to set up good images and edit / caption them appropriately.

I'm not sure how I can get the links for those images, since the thread is locked. I'd be fine with new pictures, but I've got too many other things going on to dedicate the time to set up good images and edit / caption them appropriately.

You can get the links to them (assuming you're on Windows) by right-clicking them and selecting "Copy Image Location":

http://i.imgur.com/8090EYq.png

http://i.imgur.com/mYIBwXw.png

http://i.imgur.com/VYMvQjd.png

http://i.imgur.com/Yc16ybb.png (you may want to replace this one, since it's from 1.3.1)

Without more context and information, no. I would need the entire log so I can see what's going on.

It's the same old problem with the DLL Cacteye uses to disable flare rendering when using the telescope. Delete `CactEye/Plugins/DistantObjectHook.dll`-- you'll have to manully turn off flare rendering when looking at planets.

I too am getting bad NRE's in flight.

at Vessel.<GetUnloadedVesselMass>m__44E (.ProtoPartResourceSnapshot x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<Sum>c__AnonStorey3A`1[ProtoPartResourceSnapshot].<>m__74 (Single a, .ProtoPartResourceSnapshot B) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum[ProtoPartResourceSnapshot,Single] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`3 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum[ProtoPartResourceSnapshot] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.GetUnloadedVesselMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.GetTotalMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DistantObject.FlareDraw.AddVesselFlare (.Vessel referenceShip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DistantObject.FlareDraw.GenerateVesselFlares () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DistantObject.FlareDraw.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This occurred after the removal of Deadly Rentry. Cant imagine why.

Im on Linux x64.

Player.log

KSP.log

MMCache

Same problem here also after removing DRE on Linux x64.

does this support RSS?

I don't generate flare info for non-stock configurations, because I don't have the time to try to keep up with them. You'll need to ask on the RSS thread if someone has created configs for DoE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='gerishnakov']This seems to be sort of half working in 1.0.5. The skybox gets dimmed when looking at Kerbin, but not when looking at the sun, which is a bit odd. I'm not using any mod that alters the sun in anyway, except maybe Kopernicus?[/QUOTE]

Stock KSP manages dimming the skybox for the sun, not DOE. If it's not dimming, either you've got a mod that's altering that behavior, or KSP isn't dimming the sun. I checked the basics of this mod when 1.0.5 came out, but I didn't check on stock behavior, so I don't know which case applies.

I am finding that this is working correctly for drawing the planets but I am getting no flares for vessels, debris etc. The only thing I see that may be related in the logs is the following...

[CODE]AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'FlareDraw' from assembly 'DistantObject'
(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Distant Object Enhancement v1.6.3 -- Unable to find situation 'ORBITING' in my known situations atlas

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Distant Object Enhancement v1.6.3 -- Unable to find situation 'SUB_ORBITAL' in my known situations atlas

Distant Object Enhancement v1.6.3 -- Unable to find situation 'ESCAPING' in my known situations atlas

Distant Object Enhancement v1.6.3 -- Unable to find situation 'DOCKED' in my known situations atlas

Distant Object Enhancement v1.6.3 -- FlareDraw enabled[/CODE]

I do have vessels that are orbiting (and also some docked) but I see no flares for them at reasonable distances.
What is my known situations "[U]atlas[/U]"? Can I inspect this atlas somehow? Does it refer to some specific data block that should be in my persistence file perhaps?

[quote name='Kaa253']I am finding that this is working correctly for drawing the planets but I am getting no flares for vessels, debris etc. The only thing I see that may be related in the logs is the following...

[I](snip)[/I]

I do have vessels that are orbiting (and also some docked) but I see no flares for them at reasonable distances.
What is my known situations "[U]atlas[/U]"? Can I inspect this atlas somehow? Does it refer to some specific data block that should be in my persistence file perhaps?[/QUOTE]

The atlas is a holdover from the original DOE where you can specify in the config file which vessel conditions would draw flares. Apparently something broke under the hood that I missed with the 1.0.5 update because I don't have enough stuff in orbit to notice missing flares :) . I see the same errors here, so a fix should be easy (maybe as simple as a recompile).

EDIT: Recompiling fixed the problem. Distant Object Enhancement v1.6.4 is now live on GitHub and KerbalStuff. Edited by MOARdV
Add update

[quote name='Corovaneer']I get no rendering of ships that are on the ground beyond 8,5-10km range, for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Flares are not generated for landed (or splashed or pre-launch) vessels. You can change that locally if you like by editing DistantObject/Settings.cfg. Find the line that reads 'situations' and change it to:

[code]
situations = ORBITING,SUB_ORBITAL,ESCAPING,DOCKED,LANDED,SPLASHED,PRELAUNCH,FLYING
[/code]

and all vessels and debris flares will be rendered (when visible), regardless of their state.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.