[1.6.x] Distant Object Enhancement bis v1.9.1.1 (16 October 2018) - Free to a Good Home

MOARdV

On 27/06/2016 at 4:17 AM, drtedastro said:

Hello to all.

I am trying to use this along with some kopernicus planet mods, RevampedStockSystem to be exact.

Whenever I go to the jool moon, kev, i start getting my log file overwhelmed with 

[EXC 00:10:15.861] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.5.4.21166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

[EXC 00:10:15.884] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.5.4.21166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

[EXC 00:10:15.906] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.5.4.21166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

[EXC 00:10:15.927] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.5.4.21166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

I upgraded distantobject to the newest version and double checked, but still getting this error spamming up the log and slowing all system down.

Are there any settings or changes i can make to stop this or at least reduce the amount of spam?

The problem was with CactEye mod.  Thought I had pulled it, but I hadn't.

It is the culprit, now i will go chase them.

Thanks again for great mod and all of your mod(s)

Cheers.

thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Did you managed to fix it? I'm having the exact issue...

Hi everyone!

I used to use this mod for KSP but I have not played for a couple months. I decided to reinstall the updated version to a clean install of the newest KSP and I noticed a couple things missing. The sky dimming is still there and I can see planets that are far away, but the mun looks the same. I believe this mod used to make it so the mun looked much brighter from kerbin or kerbin orbit, and you couldn't see the dark side of the mun from kerbin, much like the moon in real life. I was wondering if this feature was removed or what happened to it. I'd love to get any information about this issue. 

Edited by SebastianKSP

DoE has never modified the Mun's appearance (or any planet - brightening / dimming the rendered worlds isn't part of DoE).  I've seen that in another mod pack, but I can't think of the name of it right now - one of the visual enhancers of some sort.

8 hours ago, MOARdV said:

DoE has never modified the Mun's appearance (or any planet - brightening / dimming the rendered worlds isn't part of DoE).  I've seen that in another mod pack, but I can't think of the name of it right now - one of the visual enhancers of some sort.

Thanks for letting me know. I wish I knew which one because it makes it look so gosh darn pretty. Oh well, I'll keep searching then! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting this spammed in my log, and it's absolutely killing my frame rates. Any ideas?

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Vessel.GetUnloadedVesselMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Vessel.GetTotalMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DistantObject.FlareDraw.AddVesselFlare (.Vessel referenceShip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DistantObject.FlareDraw.GenerateVesselFlares () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DistantObject.FlareDraw.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Here's the Log file

10 hours ago, charliepryor said:

I'm getting this spammed in my log, and it's absolutely killing my frame rates. Any ideas?

Reveal hidden contents

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Vessel.GetUnloadedVesselMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Vessel.GetTotalMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DistantObject.FlareDraw.AddVesselFlare (.Vessel referenceShip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DistantObject.FlareDraw.GenerateVesselFlares () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DistantObject.FlareDraw.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Here's the Log file

You have a mod that is either outdated, or it is buggy.  You are going to have to eliminate mods to find the culprit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/08/2016 at 6:26 AM, Trevisan said:

Did you managed to fix it? I'm having the exact issue...

I was having that issue. Removing the CactEye DoE patch from CKAN fixes it. You'll have to turn off planet flares in DoE to be able to zoom in on any of the planets with your telescopes which is a little annoying. Luckily you can toggle flares on the fly, so I just leave them on until I need some of that sweet, sweet science.

Hey everyone! I'm the guy who created this mod over two years ago - just returning to KSP and the internet and such. I don't want to take this mod over, but I wanted to give a public thank you to MOARdV who has maintained and improved this mod over the years! It really means a lot to me.

Thanks MOARdV!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nascarlaser1 said:

2 question for a potential user

1. will this happen to be updated for 1.2 by any chance?

2.  is there a way to turn off the thing that makes the stars vanish when looking at planets/the sun? I know this is realistic but I like being able to see the stars (looks pretty in my opinion).

1) Shh! Don't tell anyone that I put a pre-release test version on GitHub.  When 1.2 is officially available, there will be an official version, too.

2) Yes.  What you're looking for in the UI is "Skybox Dimming".  Uncheck it.  Note that stock KSP dims the sky when the camera points near Kerbol - that is out of my control.

22 hours ago, MOARdV said:

1) Shh! Don't tell anyone that I put a pre-release test version on GitHub.  When 1.2 is officially available, there will be an official version, too.

If I were going to tell anyone, I'd say that it appears to be working just fine with 1.2 pre-release

Running 1.2 prerelease, Debian testing. I'm experiencing random crashes while in orbit (Kerbin or Mun). No oddities in logs, just normal operation cut by sudden exit, even with verbose logging turned on. Terminal output says just "$PID Aborted". I am 80% sure this is caused by DoE, and the percentage increases with more uninterrupted playtime after I removed DoE.

Retrospecting into 1.1.x era, I had similar crashes then, but with freaking tons of mods it was hard to pinpoint. 1.2 was rock solid roughly until I got my hands around DoE.

I will continue to accumulate statistics, but meanwhile can anybody confirm this?

On 10/09/2016 at 3:01 PM, Rubber Ducky said:

Hey everyone! I'm the guy who created this mod over two years ago - just returning to KSP and the internet and such. I don't want to take this mod over, but I wanted to give a public thank you to MOARdV who has maintained and improved this mod over the years! It really means a lot to me.

Thanks MOARdV!

And I thank YOU for your time and this wonderful mod. I just cant play KSP without it since i first installed it way back in 0.23 (i guess)

Edited by Trevisan
Misspelled a word

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Don't work. In version 1564 and in 1569 was added MapView.MapIs. Recompilation is necessary.

Awesome!  I'll update it when I have some time (later this week - although at this point, it may way for the official 1.2 build so I don't have to rebuild it again).

12 hours ago, HotSandwich said:

How do you open the settings menu for this mod? Clicking the DOE app button just toggles toolbar on/off, and blizzy's Toolbar doesn't work in 1.2. I can only see the settings menu briefly when changing scenes.

I'm going to need to see some logs.  I just double-checked, and the app button opens the menu both in the space center and in flight.

21 minutes ago, The Jeb. said:

MOARdV, i hae a problem. My spaceships(my death star) still renders to 2000m even if i changed it in the settings. Did i install it wrong or something? I placed DIstantObject folder in game data folder. Anything wrong?

Distant Object only draws unloaded vessels.  If your spaceship is over 2000m away, then DOE takes over drawing a Flare (if vessel flares are enabled) or a distant vessel (if that other option is enabled).  Once the vessel is close enough to be loaded by KSP, DOE steps aside.  I'm assuming a Death Star is rather large, which means it very likely is a poor candidate for use with DOE regardless of how DOE is configured (short of turning off vessel flares and distant vessels entirely).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.