What to do after tech tree?

After some contracts from Kerbodyne that wound up giving me 1200 science points each boosted me to the end of the tech tree before i even went to another planet, i find myself at the end of the tech tree with nothing to do. So, what's the point of continuing my save file again?

You've been here since october 2013, you know what it's like to play Sandbox.

Was about to post exactly this. The people who've been playing since before career mode was a thing never seem to be starved for ideas about what to do after completing the tree.

Do whatever interests you. Make a station. Or a base. Colonize Laythe. Do a Grand Tour. Install more mods and see how the challenge changes. Visit all the Easter eggs. Build functional replicas. Lots to do after the tech tree is exhausted, the only limit is your imagination.

Glad you got an idea.

I'm surprised to hear people say they don't know what to do after they finish the tech tree. I mean, the only reason to bother unlocking parts is to use them on some project. If you don't have any project in mind, then there's no point in unlocking parts :).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.