Pro Props - Wearable items for your kerbals. Updated to KIS!

Locob

There are many space suit/helmets I want to make (interstellar is one of them), but little time. so, for now I prefer be creative and do the ones I have planed first.

Is more easy if you give me the model done.

Also is really motivating if some of you do videos of tell histories with the props.

No need to mention how grateful I am with any collaboration that you can give, like Nli2work did. Actually the idea is to be community based.

Edited by Locob

Hello! I am a big fan of KSP and I like Your work very much. Please could you make Snoopy Caps to wear under the Helmets plz? And probably also a Gemini-Like early Apollo Helmet (A1C Helmet)? This would be great!

Thanks a lot for Your work!

That would be a cool thing to do.

--

I did a thing planed long time ago. Pretty happy with the result. Doesn't move, sorry. If a modder want the models to make it move, send me a PM.

2eo4Pci.pngr3d8kYQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

I found that most helms are not equippable by female kerbals. Probably they use equip mesh that doesn't exist in female models.

The only equippable was the full glass space helmet.

b5YLUmZl.png

Edited by Enceos

In the config, the helmets are atached to the teeth. I think the kerbgals have modified teeth. I will check it this weekend or the next one.

I still specting help or collaboration with this "Mod"

Ok, this looks extremely cool but I have a problem.

I am running KSP 1.0, and whenever I put the parts into the parts folder for KIS, everything starts up normally.

When I go into the VAB or SPH, the flag is screwed up and no parts appear... help? Am I installing it wrong?

Thanks,

John

Yea, any parts folder should work. If you still unsure, put it with KIS parts.

The gravity force is all around you

635673959484046053.png

Is in the list.

I can make only the helmet, and only the mask and one with no mask, if you want.

About the Helmets on the female Kerbals: I found the problem. I sent a message to KospY to see if i can avoid to change the code in every not working part.

The thing is that KerbGals use "equipMeshName = headMesh" and males use "headMesh01"

If you are in a hurry change the line to this "equipMeshName = eyeballLeft" that way both will be able to use the helmet.

Edited by Locob

You can retexture some mask that already in the list. I recommend the "mustache prop".

I'm going to make some gas mask but is not like the Bane.

May other person could do it and drop it here.

People. Theoretically you can make your own hats, without a modeling program. Instal the welder mod, and the rescale mod, then make a thing, rescale all, weld all, then fix the config file for the new part and add the KIS module in it. And that's, it. Theoretically.

You should end with your own custom hat using only KSP and the Notepad.

Hello Locob! Can you plz post where I can find the welder mod and the rescale mod? I will try to make the Snoopy Cap & the A1C. Actually I don't have a glue how to make it work, even if my model is finished.... but first I will try to make something look like the real things.

Thanks a lot for your work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.