[1.8] KerbalStats v3.1.0

taniwha

You need to tell KerbalStats about the "roles" of seats in parts. Take a look at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/seat_tasks.cfg and KerbalStats/seat_tasks.cfg (the names you see in the KerbalStats file come from the parts' IVA configs).

However, thanks for reminding me of a change I need to make: info for external command seats (so kerbals in the workbench get credit, too).

1 minute ago, taniwha said:

You need to tell KerbalStats about the "roles" of seats in parts. Take a look at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/seat_tasks.cfg and KerbalStats/seat_tasks.cfg (the names you see in the KerbalStats file come from the parts' IVA configs).

Ah, looks like Planetary Base Structures doesn't do this, then - it doesn't have a seat_tasks.cfg in its root mod directory.

If I were to manually add such a file in Planetary Base Structures' directory (following the examples you mentioned), would that be enough to get it working, or would the mod need to do more to "cooperate" with KerbalStats?

• 2 months later...

I've released version 3.0.3 of KerbalStats.

Changes from 3.0.2:

• Recompile for KSP 1.4.1
  • Take advantage of the new onKerbalNameChange GameEvent. Should lead to better handling of kerbal name changes (assuming other mods change kerbal names the right way (ProtoCrewMember.ChangeName).
  • Ensure the kerbal exists before finishing tasks. Fixes an NRE in the experience tracker when recovering tourists (they get deleted before KS sees the recovery event).
  • Wait until PCM.KerbalRef is not null. Fixes an NRE in the experience tracker when transferring kerbals (or loading the vessel? don't remember now).

• 1 month later...

@taniwha: not sure if this is the right place but I’ve noticed that when leveling up kerbals who’ve been on EVA and planted a flag they only get credit for landing on the body (which they already had). Is this expected? I was hoping the kerbals in my science lab lander would be able to get credit for planting flags.

running latest kerbal stats, EL 6, KSP 1.4.3

This mod should not affect stock experience at all. If your kerbals aren't getting credit for planting a flag, something else is going on. All KerbalStats' experience module does is track how long and where a kerbal has been doing an activity.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @taniwha,

Could this mod be used as a retirement/ old age mechanic?  Once kerbals reach say 30 years service (once hired) they are no longer rosterable, or once they reach 35 years service they die, incurring the regular reputation penalty basically for working them to death.

I've another idea to extend this further with EL but I'll PM you about it.

Peace.

@theJesuit The intent is that KerbalStats can be used for whatever modders dream up as at its core, KS is just a centralized implementation of the kerbal save/load extensions added in 1.1 or 1.2* (most importantly, working around some of the bugs), as well as a way for mods to query added stats without having to actually link with KS (reflection based wrapper provided).

* Actually, I started KerbalStats back in 0.24 or 0.25. Getting it to work back then was... interesting.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.