[1.8] KerbalStats v3.1.0

taniwha

Version 2.0.0 released with updates for KSP 1.0.

The gender module has been removed as it is now redundant.

A "profession" module has been added for easing the control of a kerbal's profession (pilot, engineer, scientist...)

• 2 weeks later...

I am using this mod with EPL, but it does not seem to do anything? I do not see a log, or a button to look for a log or anything having to do with changing professions that you talked about.

What is going on?

Any chance of adding this to CKAN? I think it was on there before, but when I attempted to update my mods for 1.0 the update is not listed.

Thanks!

wildcardjoker: talk to the person who put it there previously. I never did.

Hey Wildcarjoker. The NetKanbot for CKAN does go through Kerbalstuff and adds mods to it's repository autonomously. For example, my mod was added without my knowledge, and I discovered it after a user came to me asking about an issue with it. I do know that the bot "sweeps" on a periodic basis for updates, so it is not instantly aware of changes. they may take a day or more to show up.

Now, with that said, if the version naming system for a mod changes (as it did in mine), CKAN can become confused and not report the correct version as the latest. I suggest you give it a bit more time, and if a given mod still does not show to be properly updated, then take a look at the NETKAN version files, and see if there is some issue with it.

The whole idea of CKAN is to allow some version checking and mod update automation without the mod authors really having to become involved. However, I've learned it is not an exact science and sometimes requires care and feeding ;P

There is some documentation on the CKAN site, and they welcome pull requests to correct version issues when found...

Edited by Papa_Joe

KerbalStats is very quiet, and there is no interface to it. For experience, you will notice its effects with engineers in an EL workshop (productivity will improve over time (but not while the vessel is in focus (bug in EL))). Right now, profession is a RPITA to do anything with, but it allows mods to alter a kerbal's profession without worrying about how to save the change.

Version 2.0.0 released with updates for KSP 1.0.

The gender module has been removed as it is now redundant.

A "profession" module has been added for easing the control of a kerbal's profession (pilot, engineer, scientist...)

With regard to the profession module, I recently added a "revert" feature to Roster of Ship Manifest for those that previously used the profession tools in SM and now wish to use KerbalStats.

The wiki describes it, but essentially it removes the non printing characters so that KerbalStats does not "break" when reading a game save altered by Ship Manifest. This gives the user a graceful way to begin using your mod without losing their game save or resorting to "hacking" it for compatibility.

The NetKanbot for CKAN does go through Kerbalstuff and adds mods to it's repository autonomously.

Interesting! I did not know that. Thanks for your reply. I will see what happens.

I don't mind updating manually, but CKAN certainly makes things easier! :)

Smurfalot: (this is why the RPITA: be sure to back up your save before messing with things) figure out her index in the ROSTER block (just count KERBAL until you get to her), then count the same number of KerbalExt blocks in the Roster block of the KerbalStats SCENARIO. In there, find the profession block and change "current" to the desired profession.

For testing, just check the info in the astronaut complex. You can even do edit/load/check cycles in-game using the space center load option (if you edit something other than persistent.sfs).

Papa_Joe: sounds good.

• 4 weeks later...
what is the differnce between finalfrontier and this?

FF seems to be a very specific kerbal stat tracker, that is only used to showcase a kerbols accomplishments (no gameplay changes).

KS seems to mostly be a generic implementation that allows other mods to enact an systems to diversify/change kerbal behavior/looks on an individual level. From what I can see KS might only add gender when used by itself? Not sure exactly, but it is minimal. Most notable, Extraplanetary Launchpads uses it to add on a far more complicated Kerbal experience program.

wisnoskij: actually, KerbalStats implements the experience system and EL uses it. Also, the gender module got removed for 1.0.

KS very much does work with 1.0.2 (any 1.0.x, really).

wisnoskij: actually, KerbalStats implements the experience system and EL uses it. Also, the gender module got removed for 1.0.

KS very much does work with 1.0.2 (any 1.0.x, really).

Do you mean that KS implements a generic experience system for other mods to use. Or KS implements an ingame, gameplay changing, experience system?

Edit: And I contacted they CKAN guys and they fixed the issue.

Edited by wisnoskij

is there any kind of user guide for this? I installed the mod but i'm not seeing anything that helps me or allows me to view the stats of kerbals mid flight or anything? am I missing something or is it just a hidden mod that works behind the scenes... I was hoping for something that allowed me to view the stars of kerbals, and any experience / stats that mods add like EPL adds mid flight. Thanks

EDIT: I just realized taniwha, you made this, so you can either reply to this here or in the response i put on the EPL thread, whichever is easier...lol sorry for the double post. I thought someone else had developed this.

Can you use this mod to create new professions? I would like to make something kind of like the Tourists - no special abilities, just the profession name and a custom picture in the astronaut complex.

No, but if you use KerbalStats before adding a new profession, the professions of your current kerbals will not get messed up when you add a new profession.

New professions can be created by adding EXPERIENCE_TRAIT nodes (look in GameData/Squad/Experience/Traits.cfg). However, new skills (EFFECTs) requires code to define the skills and give them meaning (take a look at EL's ConstructionSkill.cs and Workshop.cs).

• 1 month later...
figure out her index in the ROSTER block (just count KERBAL until you get to her),

Ahh, so KerbalStats matches attributes to the Kerbal based only on the order they appear in the persistent.sfs file. I guess that explains why Valentina magically became a scientist, Hilbelle the Engineer became a Pilot, and three of my Scientists became something else. :mad::rolleyes::D

eSnonL0.pngyq8khCr.png

I had edited the persistent.sfs to recover from a bug (my space station was deleted and all the crew magically recovered) and wound up re-ordering a few KERBAL{} definitions (deleted the bad Kerbals then re-added a good copy of them at the end).

After I wiped KerbalStat's SCENARIO{} from my persistent.sfs, they all went back to normal, but I of course lost all my experience data.

I'll be sure to edit KERBAL{}s in-place in the future, but was there an overriding reason to use the roster index instead of name? IEnumerable isn't guaranteed to return the same order from one call to the next (although it almost always does), and as far as I know KSP makes no guarantees that the roster will be ordered the same from one startup to the next (although it usually is the same), so even without editing the save file there's no guarantee the index will be consistent.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for the fast update :D

A question though - I've got a massive error spam, and I've spotted it happens whenever I'm in the space center, the tracking station or some other building. And it happens when Kerbal Stats is working.

Anything you recognize in there? I'm still trying to understand where it comes from, so many it's not KS related at all.

Full KSP log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ur8jinztw3l3h8/KSP.log?dl=0

Extract with the relevant stuff:

[KS] OnLoad[LOG 20:24:14.569] Loading Depletion Nodes
[LOG 20:24:14.570] DepNodeCount: 0
[LOG 20:24:14.571] Loading Biome Nodes
[LOG 20:24:14.572] BiomeNodeCount: 3
[LOG 20:24:14.573] Loading Planet Nodes
[LOG 20:24:14.573] PlanetNodeCount: 3
[EXC 20:24:14.595] MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SpecificOrbitParameter.targetBody' not found.

[EXC 20:24:17.384] MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SpecificOrbitParameter.targetBody' not found.

[COLOR=#008000]... this error looping[/COLOR]

[EXC 20:24:29.961] MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SpecificOrbitParameter.targetBody' not found.

[EXC 20:24:29.980] MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SpecificOrbitParameter.targetBody' not found.

[LOG 20:24:30.001] Flight State Captured
[LOG 20:24:30.030] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:24:30.032] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:24:30.033] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:24:30.034] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:24:30.035] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:24:30.036] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:24:30.036] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:24:30.037] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:24:30.038] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:24:30.580] [KS] OnSave: SCENARIO
{
name = KerbalStats
scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
}

[LOG 20:24:33.393] Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent
[WRN 20:24:33.427] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to TRACKSTATION =====================
[LOG 20:24:34.640] IR: [ServoController] destroy
[LOG 20:24:34.645] IR: [GUI] destroy

[COLOR=#008000]... (many things loading)[/COLOR]

[LOG 20:24:42.161] 11/12/2015 8:24:42 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 1 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize
[LOG 20:24:42.162] 11/12/2015 8:24:42 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 1 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize
[LOG 20:24:42.163] 11/12/2015 8:24:42 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,ScenarioLoadDone. Alarms Count:17
[LOG 20:24:42.164] [KS] OnLoad
[EXC 20:24:42.201] MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SpecificOrbitParameter.targetBody' not found.

[EXC 20:24:42.279] MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SpecificOrbitParameter.targetBody' not found.

[LOG 20:24:42.322] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin
[EXC 20:24:42.348] MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SpecificOrbitParameter.targetBody' not found.

[LOG 20:24:42.380] Trajectories: attaching camera listener
[EXC 20:24:42.414] MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SpecificOrbitParameter.targetBody' not found.

[EXC 20:24:42.486] MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SpecificOrbitParameter.targetBody' not found.

[COLOR=#008000]... this error looping[/COLOR]

[EXC 20:25:43.924] MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SpecificOrbitParameter.targetBody' not found.

[EXC 20:25:43.999] MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SpecificOrbitParameter.targetBody' not found.

[LOG 20:25:44.031] Flight State Captured
[LOG 20:25:44.057] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:25:44.058] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:25:44.058] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:25:44.059] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:25:44.060] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:25:44.061] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:25:44.061] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:25:44.062] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:25:44.062] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:25:44.618] [KS] OnSave: SCENARIO
{
name = KerbalStats
scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
}

[LOG 20:25:47.439] Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent
[LOG 20:25:47.459] [Tracking Station]: SetVessel(null)
[LOG 20:25:47.460] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin
[WRN 20:25:47.483] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From TRACKSTATION to SPACECENTER =====================
[LOG 20:25:47.484] 11/12/2015 8:25:47 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Scene Change from 'TRACKSTATION' to 'SPACECENTER'
[LOG 20:25:47.851] 11/12/2015 8:25:47 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Destroying the KerbalAlarmClock-KACTrackingStation

[COLOR=#008000]loads stuff, then same error until I leave to Main Menu and quit.[/COLOR]

Thanks for any help you could bring - even if you don't think it has anything to do with KS, at least that will be one less suspect on the list!

It just got weirder then. I have not downloaded any mod that is supposed to deal with contracts, because I play science career only, and there are no contracts to modify:cool:

... So, it's one of my mods, which has a contract option, but then I just don't know which one :D well, thanks anyway!! I'll keep looking.

------------EDIT--------------

[h=1]Okay nevermind, it's on the official Kerbal Space Program 1.0.5 New Issues Repository , more specifically Asteroid Day logspam.[/h]So, I've just updated the Asteroid Day mod and the logspam has disappeared. Sorry for the trouble :)

Edited by SnakyLeVrai
solved it, nothing to do with Kerbal Stats

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.