[1.4.3] Kerbal Historical Institute presents Original KSP Parts 3.7 [04.05.18]

blspblackdeath

Though, the SB-BW is missing stickers on it's base.

So it is, well spotted. When I added that part to the mod I had to do quite a bit of work on the texture to make it display correctly with the mesh from the SB-1. The original DAE mesh from 0.7.3 is no longer compatible: the part loads but the engine fails to function. Presumably something big changed early on with the thrust transform, and I don't know how to fix that. Anyway, the point being that the sticker must have *ahem* fallen off when I was reworking the texture. That should be fairly easy to fix, albeit time consuming.

Edited by TheMoonRover

• 2 weeks later...
is there the older mk 2 and mk 3 parts? also the adapters? I would like to play with those.

Yes, included is every stock part that was ever removed or replaced (as far as we know), with their stats and behaviours updated to be compatible and balanced in 1.0.2

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, if there are any. I've only just managed to download 1.0.4

EDIT: And it's taking longer to download the dev version of this mod than KSP itself. It must be a server issue on dropbox.

EDIT2: New update coming soon. Changes include:

> A couple of engines had their thrust curves changed.

> Mk1 Fuselage fuel capacity increased.

> A couple of other minor tweaks and fixes.

> Added the Mk1 Inline Cockpit from v1.0.0 to v1.0.2

> A secret feature in career mode.

Edited by TheMoonRover

Well great work TheMoonRover.

Update released.

Changelog:

> A couple of engines had their thrust curves changed.

> Mk1 Fuselage fuel capacity increased.

> A couple of other minor tweaks and fixes.

> Added the Mk1 Inline Cockpit from v1.0.0 to v1.0.2

> A secret feature in career mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had backed up versions of KSP as far as .20.2 and tried to keep stores of as many old parts as possible. I was sad to have realized I lost all of them when my hard-drive failed. Even though I can no longer play those old versions in their entirety I can still have their parts!

I would love to have a mod made restoring the oldest paid versions. Some sort of system which requires you to already own KSP through some verification system before letting you use the mod. Then you can have those old versions legally.

• 2 weeks later...

Having resurrected a few of these parts myself in the past for personal use, this seemed like a great mod. As I did for myself a long time ago, might I suggest a rescaled Quest Mk1 Command Pod that is comparable to the Mk1-2 Command Pod in size and stats (i.e. a 2.5m part)? Even if it weren't rolled into your release, I'd like to share it here for any who might be interested. Essentially this is the Quest Mk1 Command Pod rescaled to 2.5m, with the cost, tech tree placement, mass, resources, and IVA from the Mk1-2 Command Pod. I also tweaked the placement of the attachment nodes slightly to eliminate the gap between this part and other parts. Considering that it is intended for a crew of three, this size makes a ton of sense.

PART
{

// --- general parameters ---
name = mk1podCrew3R
module = Part
author = Original by C. Jenkins, Part fix by Fiddlestyx, TechTree inclusion by Blspblackdeath, Part description & Stats update by TheMoonRover, Rescaled and tweaked by aviin

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
scale = 0.1
rescaleFactor = 2.5

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -2.89, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
//node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -2.99, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_top = 0.0, 3.83121, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
//node_stack_top = 0.0, 3.93121, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
bulkheadProfiles = size2, size1
CoPOffset = 0.0, 0.5, 0.0
CoLOffset = 0.0, -0.35, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = commandModules
entryCost = 7600
cost = 3800
category = Pods
subcategory = 0
title = Mk1-2 "Quest-X" Command Pod
manufacturer = Kerbal Space Program
description = This upscaled version of the Quest Mk1 Command Pod carries three kerbals, just like it did originally, only now with elbow room! Warranty not included. Void where prohibited.
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 4
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.15
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 45
maxTemp = 2400

vesselType = Ship

// --- internal setup ---
CrewCapacity = 3

INTERNAL
{
name = PodCockpit
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 1
}

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 150
maxAmount = 150
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleReactionWheel

PitchTorque = 15
YawTorque = 15
RollTorque = 15

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 1.2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleScienceExperiment

experimentID = crewReport

experimentActionName = Crew Report
resetActionName = Discard Crew Report
reviewActionName = Review Report

useStaging = False
useActionGroups = True
hideUIwhenUnavailable = True
rerunnable = True

xmitDataScalar = 1.0

usageReqMaskInternal = 5
usageReqMaskExternal = -1
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleScienceContainer

reviewActionName = Review Stored Data
storeActionName = Store Experiments
evaOnlyStorage = True
storageRange = 2.0
}

RESOURCE
{
name = MonoPropellant
amount = 30
maxAmount = 30
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConductionMultiplier
modifiedConductionFactor = 0.003
convectionFluxThreshold = 3000
}
}

• 3 months later...

I'm going to work on the update now, and unless there are any major unforeseen complications it should be up by tomorrow evening (GMT). University doesn't leave a great deal of spare time during the week :P

By my count, there are ten eleven (oops) old parts to add. Several ships also need reworking, which will take longer.

--- UPDATE ---

Version 3.4 is up on KerbalStuff. I can't update Curse myself, but I'll ask blspblackdeath to do it when he can.

New Old Features:
> Added the eleven old parts replaced in 1.0.5
> Reworked planes to use the old engines.
> Both Old Mk1 Cockpits correctly use the old IVA.

Misc:
> Moved a couple of files to more logical folders.
> Added TheMoonRover's flag.

Edited by TheMoonRover

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently got back into KSP after a long hiatus and well I've been playing my old versions I've saved over the years, and I noticed this mod. I couldn't help but notice that this mod is clearly using the very old pod that was from back in the .DAE days and I was kind of bugged, considering there was a brief period where the pod got updated in 0.15 and had a bit more quality to it. I've copied it from my 0.15 save and uploaded it to my dropbox to be hopefully used in this mod here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlc65n7li4ir52z/0.15_mk1pod.zip?dl=0

Also, are there any chances that we could get a modeler on board with this mod so the Mk1 Pod could get a custom IVA for both the 1 person and 3 person variations, along with updated versions of TT's original Mk3 cockpit and Sam Hall's Mk1 Inline Cockpit? It would be nice to see the old Mk1 Pod have a less bare-bones internal. I am very gracious of this mod though, as there's just a cozy feel about the old parts, especially the old Rockomax tanks. And have versions 0.14 through 0.17 on my hard drive, so if any parts are needed from those versions, just contact me and I'll upload 'em for ya. Seems like you've got 'em all covered though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.